Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
http://storefront.steampowered.com/Stea … sage/1843/

As a part of our continuing efforts to support the MOD community, we will begin hosting selected MODs directly on Steam starting next week. The first five MODs to ship on steam will be Age of Chivalry, D.I.P.R.I.P., Insurgency, Synergy, and Zombie Panic. As always, owners of any Source game will be able to download and play all of these MODs for free.

Once installed, these MODs will appear in your "My Games" list and will receive automatic updates just like other games on Steam. Also, these MODs now take advantage of Steamworks, which provides stat tracking and tighter integration with the Steam community.

We're excited to see MOD developers get wider recognition for the hard work they have done, and we hope to support more MOD teams in the future. Watch for the official release next week!
Sounds awesome...I was kinda getting sick of having to manually update my mods.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK
Cool. I think I'll make good use of this.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

why can't everything be like steam
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Wow, good move for steam

Last edited by War Man (2008-09-27 14:52:29)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

I just hope that they do it for mods I actually play.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I just hope that they do it for mods that are worthwhile.
Fixed.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
Ah Diprip is cool but last time I checked it was very work in progress.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548

wah1188 wrote:

Yeah, something about the turning in it didn't feel right. Otherwise I would have played it more.

Zombie Panic is decent but a lot of people i've encountered in it act like twats.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Yeah, something about the turning in it didn't feel right. Otherwise I would have played it more.

Zombie Panic is decent but a lot of people i've encountered in it act like twats.
Diprip in its current form is terrible.  Aiming is a bit bad, and turning...where do I start.  Its like theres a 3 second lag between keyboard and game, you have to hold down the key to turn and you cant flip your direction quickly, basically its like trying to move north south east and west with nothing in between.  Very tedious and difficult to manuevuer.  Had good hopes for that one

Glad to see steam hosting the mods, load of work taken off the players back and more visibilty to current mods.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272
The turning troubles in diprip are because of the way source handles vehicles. They're all server side unfortunately which means you have to wait for the server to recognise the instruction before your car starts turning. As far as I know there's nothing the mod team can do about it.
Commie Killer
+192|6389
Glad Synergy is up there, have a shitload of fun on the modded servers.
latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6658|west liberty IA
age of chilvery was fun but too easy all u have to do is know how to conserve stamina
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548
DIPRIP seems better than when I first played it. Maybe because it actually has players now.

Age of Chivalry was a little boring and seemed like glorified knife combat until I got good as a bow archer and now it is pretty fun cranking arrows in to peoples heads.

I thought Synergy would be great but it gets so repetative and boring. I had the idea that I would be able to play through normal single player HL2 in coop mode.

Zombie Panic is awesome but the stock maps get boring. I hate Asylum and Tanker. Thankfully there are decent custom map servers.

Insurgency is pretty damn decent when i'm not getting shot from mystery locations by mystery assailants.

That is all.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Insurgency is pretty damn decent when i'm not getting shot from mystery locations by mystery assailants.
That ALWAYS fucking happens to me.

I gave up on that mod.

By the way...Is there a way to remove the mods completely? I don't want a bunch of mods I don't play cluttering my game list in the Servers window.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-10-14 10:30:32)

Dookie0119
+43|5780

DefCon-17 wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

That ALWAYS fucking happens to me.

I gave up on that mod.

By the way...Is there a way to remove the mods completely? I don't want a bunch of mods I don't play cluttering my game list in the Servers window.
Delete local content OR

Steam > SteamApps > [User name]

Now there should be a list of files with all the games You have installed.
Select which file to delete.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272
But you cannot remove them from your uninstalled games list.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
..That's retarded.
Kez
+778|5705|London, UK
Hardly DefCon - just ignore the list if you don't play them
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Well yeah, but it's annoying having them in the Server games list.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard