eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6259|TEXAS
rofl! Ryan, lxcpikiman, and Fat_Swinub obviously have never played 2142.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6620|Greenwood, IN
I would have to say I like BF2142 more than BF2.  Don't get me wrong BF2 is a great game but BF2142 does right were BF2 did wrong thats really it to the equation.  I think that was the whole point of BF2142(With a futuristic twist.) is to balance the game.  I think DICE did a wonderful job in this installment so I can't wait till BF3 is out with the Frost engine!
m0v3m3nt
+15|6172
I have both BF2 and 2142.

For me, 2142 seems like a step backwards from BF2. The maps don't appear to be as large or as interesting. There isn't as many vehicles. You don't have the same amount of game play options from the get go, as you need now need to unlock equipment. There isn't as much environmental variety, although, of course, this is due to the story line [nice excuse for making a bunch of maps that all look the same].

The real problem for me though, is the people who play 2142. I see nothing like the same amount of cooperation as I see on 2142. Everyone runs around doing their own thing, regardless of whether or not it works. Points are harder to come by, so I like to at least try and win for the X2, but to me, people seem content to run about on their own shooting shit up with their fancy future guns rather than working together to actually win.

For me, BF2 is just a lot more fun to play.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6301|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

m0v3m3nt wrote:

For me, 2142 seems like a step backwards from BF2. The maps don't appear to be as large or as interesting. There isn't as many vehicles. You don't have the same amount of game play options from the get go, as you need now need to unlock equipment. There isn't as much environmental variety, although, of course, this is due to the story line [nice excuse for making a bunch of maps that all look the same].

The real problem for me though, is the people who play 2142. I see nothing like the same amount of cooperation as I see on 2142. Everyone runs around doing their own thing, regardless of whether or not it works. Points are harder to come by, so I like to at least try and win for the X2, but to me, people seem content to run about on their own shooting shit up with their fancy future guns rather than working together to actually win.

For me, BF2 is just a lot more fun to play.
I see far more teamplay in BF2142 than I do in BF2,, far, far more...

And the ranks require less points which equals the lower amount of points you get

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-01-30 03:38:34)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
m0v3m3nt
+15|6172

FloppY_ wrote:

m0v3m3nt wrote:

And the ranks require less points which equals the lower amount of points you get
Troo, but I want as many as possible as fast as I can get 'em, due to the fact I gotta unlock stuff which is standard kit in BF2.

This is why I find it frustrating to fight on a side which has very little team play. I want my X2!

I don't know, maybe I'm not playing on the right servers, but I see much more team play on BF2.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6738|SPARTA
2142 is amazing, i wish bf2 had the feats of it...
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5946|Somewhere out in Space
fail
Longbow
+163|6662|Odessa, Ukraine
necroposting?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6620|Greenwood, IN
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/screen000.jpg

I just started playing 2142 again kind of missed it.  Try to play BF2 and still hate it for some reason.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5946|Somewhere out in Space
I now hate 2142 more, its unbelieveable easy to kill anyone if you camp, whereas in BF2 you at least had a chance against a support class that didnt have sniper-like accuracy because he wouldnt let go of the trigger.  (albeit, i was a massive whore with the ganz, and basically would not miss anyone in view)

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-09-14 02:05:16)

Longbow
I'm sick of podsurfers, wallglitchers, aimbotters and other hacking\glitching twats. Srsly. It's not the game that doesnt atract me anymore, it's the game's community...bunch of assholes. Though I have to admit that when I started playing community in 2142 was a lot better than 2142 - ppl actually helped each other - revives, heals, repairs when needed. Right now seemes like 20% of players are either glitchers or hackers, or both.
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6559|42
I love both, though i find Battlefield 2 alot easier. While Battlefield 2142 is more rewarding
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5765|شمال
futurestic bs?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Longbow

Beduin wrote:

futurestic bs?
Exept for that, gameplay is better, really.
Zukabazuka
+23|6700
Yeah podsurfers do kinda suck, They should put a some seconds on it before it goes boom and you have to fall to the ground or just give it fuel.

Anyway 2142 focused on teamplay more than BF2. But still getting to the shore on Wake could take some time and if you where baseraped you might as well leave. And giving the jet to the people might not have been the best idea, sure jets are fun but at least give us some damn weapons against them. But BF2 at the start was fun, now it seems to be full of cheaters, but then in 2142 had that feeling too. There has only been one time when I knew one was cheating, He spawned right infront of me and he had his back against me, as soon as I hit him with one shot he turned 180 but didn't shoot. Pretty much busted him on that one.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5803|Catherine Black
There's a lot more hackers/glitchers in BF2142. It just sucks when you're at the end of a round and someone is stuck in a wall killing everyone waiting for him to come out.

And it's usually an admin.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Cute.Nemean^inf
+70|6340|The Netherlands
I know why I left the dmn game.

Those horrible admins:

- Don't jump
- No rockets
- No knife
- No Claymores
- No C4
- No Snipers

blaaaaaa
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6423|Somersetshire

-supremecars- wrote:

I know why I left the dmn game.

Those horrible admins:

- Don't jump
- No rockets
- No knife
- No Claymores
- No C4
- No Snipers

blaaaaaa
LOL no rockets, this is how to solve that problem

player 1 [SAWW] Noob Admin
Longbow

Tehremos wrote:

Well SAAW is kinda gay...not because of damage\range, but because of lock-tone that dissapears in two cases:
1) SAAW lacked time to lock-on
2) SAAW launched both missiles
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6423|Somersetshire

Longbow wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

Well SAAW is kinda gay...not because of damage\range, but because of lock-tone that dissapears in two cases:
1) SAAW lacked time to lock-on
2) SAAW launched both missiles
Lock-on tone? WTF is that?

I use it on infantry maps lol

it's the ultimate humiliation
thepilot91
+64|6251|Åland!
for me its more the fact that bf2142 is like a overrealistic unrealistic game, i know that sounds wierd but I mean the whole theme futuristik is quite fun but i think they could have made it soooo much better and not just fun when you can get awards but also after you've gotten brigader general.

Okey so here it goes : the support is quite nice with the function that the aim gets more precise the more you shoot although its unrealistic because they're not ment to do more than camp there comes the first disadvantage, most maps are huge and has some buildings and shit little all over the place and the flags has little more shit so you cant just hide and camp at different places all the time there is just a few really good places for that, well ok we have gibraltar where the map is not big but the buildings are not very tall and there arent these places where you VERY rarely see people but if you really try, can get up there, so cant expect to lay in the same place for like 10-20 or more kills without being seen well enough about that .

then we come to the factor that you shoot like an ABSOLUTE ASS when you lie down quickly not even if you prone first, always need to wait like 1-2 seconds before you can shoot properly and its no problem with the support but for example assualt and the submachineguns anyway thats not the biggest problem. It's that ALL weapons are amazingly underpowerd...there is not ONE weapon exept sniperrifles that can do a headshotkill and the fact that the power loss at range is AWFUL!!! It can take 3 shots to kill a guy with the advanced sniperrifle wich I also think is stupid if you make a BIGASS SHAKABOOMUBERRIFLE with 3 shots in mag it should ATLEASt do a oneshot kill in the chest  .

And not to mention the voss again EA have made the weapon that is totally overpowerd for the dude that shouldnt have a FUCKING weapon at all THE MEDIC, if you equipt the voss with all its possible fire power and you have reletivly good taktics and maybe uav you are basically rambo, 40 shots in the mag wich take pretty much damage 900 rounds perminute fully automatic redicously accurate (compared to the other weapons) attachable rockets wich are very deadly 4 in the clip and several clips , 4 CQC shotgun shots also there several clips both semiauto + the fact that you have medpack to heal yourself.

but the worst thing that I feel about this game is that the maps feel ugly and boring :'(

and the fact also that the airdroven vechlies hasnt got a window you cant kill them , and you cant shoot at them with anything thats not explosive or are attached to another veheclie although you have the most powerful sniperrifle in the game you CANT DO SHIT against a fucking gunship not even damage it a little.

there are no boats! Give me boats!

and also the APCs are worthless ArmoredPersonellCarrier, it hasnt got much againts either tanks walkers or airborne shit its good at escaping though and effective vs Infantry BUT It cant DRIVE IN WATER! i mean WTF the point with an apc is for it to be able to carry soldiers everywhere, and if they could drive in water in BF2 but not bf2142?!?!? have they gone backwards in the develping?! god dammit!

you need some kind of device to keep you breath! and its only for recon , I mean WTF?! okay its future, but either you have a certain button to hold your breath for ALL kits or you dont have anything! gah!

and the fact that so many things are put together and also fewer wapons (than BF2) and the gunship: okay aircraft and chopper at once but it's not good as a chopper OR aircraft it sux at both there should atleast be different kinds of the gunships, like a fighter one and a bomber one and chopper one and the shit they have now is some middle thing, I dunno but i have the gunship, no fun and awful to steer, if you get upside dow YOU'RE STUCK you must either twist roll or loop to get it right again not even when its engines are twisted for speed YOU CANT ROLL! I love rolling "roll baby roll" ... but NO !

the walker is all good to me its not all to over powerd its not to weak and its FUN! its a walking killing machine! roar! and it has this little vounreble place where you can kill it with any weapon

the titans are also good starwars shit base airstation which is bordable so much fun , but then comes this awful thing called mounted gun + camping supports +ammopacks +sheilds + NADESPAMMING! thats awful but if all that ismt there in every corridor ITS SO FUN

Ok this got very long but here comes my opinions of bf2

I love this game beacuse its so well balanced and beautiful! <3<3<3 certain weiws in the maps are very beautiful Many hiding places in every map MANY weapond (medic is still overpowerd thogh) the fact that if you play as a team (never happens) with full squads good commander good pilots in choppers and planes and good  tank drivers orginaized infantry ITS SO FUN! (it sure is in bf2142 aswell but not the same freedom and efficiency)

and the fact that you bf2 can fool around in Everything planes choppers boats tanks apcs CARS and even stationary guns ! atleast I , if Im on a empty server with someone else It can be so fun

there are glitchers hackers and bugs in bf2 aswell probably more but there so much more to do than in bf2142 its worth it , atleast thats what i think <3 bf2

okay I could say alot more but its already all too much
Longbow
Okey so here it goes : the support is quite nice with the function that the aim gets more precise the more you shoot although its unrealistic because they're not ment to do more than camp there comes the first disadvantage, most maps are huge and has some buildings and shit little all over the place and the flags has little more shit so you cant just hide and camp at different places all the time there is just a few really good places for that, well ok we have gibraltar where the map is not big but the buildings are not very tall and there arent these places where you VERY rarely see people but if you really try, can get up there, so cant expect to lay in the same place for like 10-20 or more kills without being seen well enough about that .

then we come to the factor that you shoot like an ABSOLUTE ASS when you lie down quickly not even if you prone first, always need to wait like 1-2 seconds before you can shoot properly and its no problem with the support but for example assualt and the submachineguns anyway thats not the biggest problem. It's that ALL weapons are amazingly underpowerd...there is not ONE weapon exept sniperrifles that can do a headshotkill and the fact that the power loss at range is AWFUL!!! It can take 3 shots to kill a guy with the advanced sniperrifle wich I also think is stupid if you make a BIGASS SHAKABOOMUBERRIFLE with 3 shots in mag it should ATLEASt do a oneshot kill in the chest  .
Support vs assault = dead support. Small arms weapons are fine, learn to shoot.
thepilot91
+64|6251|Åland!

Longbow wrote:

Support vs assault = dead support. Small arms weapons are fine, learn to shoot.
belive me ive played bf2142 have you tried shoot with baur longrange then i mean longrange as you need to care for bulletdrop and ping and moving targets and such, what should i say... 200 meters or maybe more?? and yes you can beat a support guy pretty good with carbines , have i said its not possible to kill a support as ex: assualt
JoshP
Banned
+176|5704|Notts, UK
bf2 > 2142, simple as no question about it tbh, 2142 is full of assholes and is just faggotry; half the people on a server are invariably spawnkilling and baseraping, and theres so many padding servers- about 1 in 5 in 2142, loads less in bf2.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum

JoshP wrote:

bf2 > 2142, simple as no question about it tbh, 2142 is full of assholes and is just faggotry; half the people on a server are invariably spawnkilling and baseraping, and theres so many padding servers- about 1 in 5 in 2142, loads less in bf2.
u jokin m8?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard