lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA
http://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/541/Musli … 4517977.jp

The idea of alcohol is now offensive in the UK. Now I am sure there will not be a problem here appeasing this group.

These are members of moderate Islam, who just wanna "blend in" and not change anything.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6713|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
Nice to see a muslim hating thread Lowing! - interesting fact, Tescos here where I live had to completely move the location of their store because of Protestant objections to them selling alcohol at their old stores location. When they first came to the town, they actually had to open an off licence  separately in a different location so strong was the objection at booze being sold -  later building a new store else where so both alcohol and household goods could all be sold under the one roof.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2008-09-24 07:12:33)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

http://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/541/Muslims-oppose-Tesco-booze-bid.4517977.jp

The idea of alcohol is now offensive in the UK. Now I am sure there will not be a problem here appeasing this group.

These are members of moderate Islam, who just wanna "blend in" and not change anything.
We practice democracy in Europe lowing, that means that everyone is allowed their opinion and that they have a right to protest ... the outcome of the council i'm sure will be against the protest ... and why do you categorize a section of Luton to be the entire UK ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Same old tune lowing. Maybe you should move to the UK and track down some of these nuts and sort them out.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

We practice democracy in Europe lowing, that means that everyone is allowed their opinion and that they have a right to protest ... the outcome of the council i'm sure will be against the protest ... and why do you categorize a section of Luton to be the entire UK ?
he doesnt say the entire uk. he says there are now more offended muslims. honestly i am with lowing.... first time i think but yeah, as long as it doesnt physically hurt someone i think they should just stfu and man up. why does our world revolve around worrying if this or that offends someone? why does the majority have to bow down every time to the minority? thats not democracy.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

destruktion_6143 wrote:

thats not democracy.
Yeah, it's more like the US south in 1860.

@ Lowing: I know. History repeats it self.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-09-24 08:18:57)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
Perhaps you can get back to us when the licence isn't granted. I won't hold my breath.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

I think you get more offended at this than the Muslims in the UK.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

So lowing, when are you going to start an offended Mormon thread.  Utah has some of the most oddball liquor laws because the Mormons also don't drink.  You should see the hoops that you have to jump through to get a drink in this place, and any efforts to change the rules bring forth the hordes of Mormons protesting changes in the liquor laws, because it offends them.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2008-09-24 08:36:42)

CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6328|CA, USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

So lowing, when are you going to start an offended Mormon thread.  Utah has some of the most oddball liquor laws because the Mormons also don't drink.  You should see the hoops that you have to jump through to get a drink in this place, and any efforts to change the rules bring forth the hordes of Mormons protesting changes in the liquor laws, because it offends them.
while i don't agree with utah's liquor laws, i'd be willing to bet that the protests between these mormons and the UK muslims will be quite different.  We never hear about the Mormon Rage Boy, nor do we see Mormons holding signs that call for beheading people that disagree with them.  no i am not a mormon.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

while i don't agree with utah's liquor laws, i'd be willing to bet that the protests between these mormons and the UK muslims will be quite different.  We never hear about the Mormon Rage Boy, nor do we see Mormons holding signs that call for beheading people that disagree with them.  no i am not a mormon.
You dont really see signs like that from your average muslim either lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6328|CA, USA
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … uslim.html

to their credit, some from the muslim community are speaking out that this practice of preventing christian burials on saturday due to faith sensitivies is BS.  Still, one can see how certain govts can go overboard with the PC thing to try and force people to be more sensitive - yet at the same time it just gets alot of people more pissed off.  Govt should just butt out!
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6328|CA, USA

FatherTed wrote:

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

You dont really see signs like that from your average muslim either lol
maybe if we just give them what they want all the time, then we'll be better off as a nation.  </sarcasm>
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

My whole point is that these people were working within the confines of established British law.  They signed the petitions and have an opportunity to make their case.  It still has to be decided by the council, whichever way that may go.  I saw nothing in the article that said there were threats about a jihad if they didn't get their way.
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

he doesnt say the entire uk. he says there are now more offended muslims. honestly i am with lowing.... first time i think but yeah, as long as it doesnt physically hurt someone i think they should just stfu and man up. why does our world revolve around worrying if this or that offends someone? why does the majority have to bow down every time to the minority? thats not democracy.

lowing wrote:

The idea of alcohol is now offensive in the UK
That kinda means the whole United Kingdom as i understand it ... and in Europe we dont worry so much about other that practice their right to protest, infact we welcome it as a healthy sign of a true democracy ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada

Varegg wrote:

That kinda means the whole United Kingdom as i understand it ... and in Europe we dont worry so much about other that practice their right to protest, infact we welcome it as a healthy sign of a true democracy ...
ya but it seems mostly in the uk that they will do whatever the muslims demand. they are afraid to offend anyone
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

ya but it seems mostly in the uk that they will do whatever the muslims demand. they are afraid to offend anyone
Not really ... the last case i can think of was a group of women that consisted of mainly Muslims that applied for having a woman only opening hours at a swimmingpool on campus ... i think that was approved and set to a time when the swimmingpool was usually empty anyway.

There is a huge thread about it somewhere on this forum ...
PureFodder
+225|6256
Unless you have some pretty serious evidence that implies that about 60,000,000 people in the UK are about to get killed, I'm sure we'll find a way to keep petions of 150 people from getting very far in our democracy.....

Other, petions going on right now include.....
Prohibit the use of the names North and South Humberside    315 names
MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO SHORT SELL STOCK EXCHANGE SECURITIES    716 names
Make compulsory for all schoolchildren over 14 years the reading and understanding of 1984 by George Orwell   6 votes
end the goverments ban which prevents D.H. Lawrence's paintings from being exhibited on English soil      20 votes
make provision for free motorcycle parking in all car parks in the UK.        69 votes

Just from the first page!
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/list/o … t=deadline
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA
I read all of the responses and I am not surprised, the point is alcohol is established in the UK, if you are offended by the customs traditions, consumptions etc of a society, instead of MOVING THERE and start protesting and petitioning, costing money and time on behalf of the local govt. to process your bullshit, I submit that you d onot MOVE THERE in the first place and stay where ever you came from, where you are not so "offended".

As far as the Mormons in Utah? the Mormons were there long before any outsiders moved in and started bitching about them.

It is the same thing as moving next ot an airport, then bitching to the govt. that the noise level is unacceptable. Sure you can petition and protest all you want, it is legal and you have the right, but you are still an idiot and you are still costing the tax payers money.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

lowing wrote:

I read all of the responses and I am not surprised, the point is alcohol is established in the UK, if you are offended by the customs traditions, consumptions etc of a society, instead of MOVING THERE and start protesting and petitioning, costing money and time on behalf of the local govt. to process your bullshit, I submit that you d onot MOVE THERE in the first place and stay where ever you came from, where you are not so "offended".
Exactly.

To be honest, when I see things like this, I often wonder whether multi-cultural societies are even worth the hassle and effort.
I mean, there are a lot more important issues that need dealing with rather than the selling of alcohol in a specific area: its an utter waste of time.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

lowing wrote:

As far as the Mormons in Utah? the Mormons were there long before any outsiders moved in and started bitching about them.

It is the same thing as moving next ot an airport, then bitching to the govt. that the noise level is unacceptable. Sure you can petition and protest all you want, it is legal and you have the right, but you are still an idiot and you are still costing the tax payers money.
What do you not understand about democracy and freedom of speech?

They have the right to ask/campaign for whatever they want, within reason.

Questioning alcohol is within reason, as it has many precedents.

But you just see "Muslims" + "Britain" and think "OMG BRITAIN IS BEING OVERRUN, I MUST POST THIS shite ON BF2s"
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

What do you not understand about democracy and freedom of speech?

They have the right to ask/campaign for whatever they want, within reason.

Questioning alcohol is within reason, as it has many precedents.

But you just see "Muslims" + "Britain" and think "OMG BRITAIN IS BEING OVERRUN, I MUST POST THIS shite ON BF2s"
Actually, I just gave a few other examples, feel free to quote me and comment on what I just posted.

But to answer your question, as I have many times before, this is a western society, it is not Islamic. Islam does not enhance a society it detracts from it. It recedes progress that has been made in freedoms, morality, tolerance, acceptance.

I know this sounds hypocritical, but as I have stated before being intolerant of intolerance is not hypocritical, it is standing your ground for what you have already accomplished as a society.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
You know I do think this country is going down the shitter because of Political correctness. But on this subject I don't really see the big issue. They might be wasting tax money with their petitions, (How much to process a petition) but so does every other group. There's probably a group that puts forward a petition to invade France, or other stupid shit which has to be process into the now recycle bin...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

The article wrote:

More than 150 people
Wow that sure is a lot of people... holy shit RUN

Being intolerant of intolerance is hypocritical lowing.  The freedom to make the wrong choice is still freedom.  It's how democracy works.  The Nazi's didn't force the German people to support them, the German people let the Nazi's take over. 

Let the chips fall where they may, in the end, people get what they deserve.  Just look out for yourself and the ones you care about (isn't that what you say about poor people in almost every other thread?).  So the fuck what if a bunch of muslims don't want alcohol in some area. 

I find it funny how you specifically target Islam for detrcating from society when all religions do.  No, hard-core Christians are not as backwards and crazy as them.  But, that is only because the USA and western society as a whole has moved past all that.  Contrary to what you think lots of Muslims are good people.  Some aren't.  Lots of Americans are good people.  Some aren't. 

More generalization.... wow.  Lazy.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال

lowing wrote:

Nothing to do about it really. You can sit and bitch about it all you want.
You have the right to bitch about it, the same right they have.
Great news for you: The bigger a minority gets, the more they have to say.
Thats how it works-am sure you know that.

Is it a problem? No
Do you have a problem? Yes.

Now, what to do with your problem?
-You can bitch about it.

Note: I agree on many things you say. But i choose to look at it
positively, cause it is a sign of healthy democracy.
But am pretty sure we dont agree on whats the problems roots- as"Why are they here".
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard