CZE_M4CH0
+0|6790|Boston,MA
i got my expert explosive thx to claymores and messed up patch...42 claymore kills first time i've tried, also thx to the patch there is much more support guys "sniping" with PKM so they throw a lot more bags as well...means more claymores for me... woohoo thx dice/EA
nelson496
+3|6786
I think its kinda funny how grenades don't even blow up mines.  I think if you have a mine sitting next to you and you shoot it with a high velocity ammuntion like an AT ROCKET! that it would blow up or by a shotgun or by grenades.  Just my 2 cents.
Rathji
+1|6684
I find it funny that people will run over and over and over again into an area that is obviously being claymore maintained by a sniper. On warlord at insurgent hideout, I would drop a claymore in plain sight in the alley between security office and hideout, run back to the supply crate to restock and each time before I had my ammo refilled the same guy ran into my claymore. This scenario has played itself out for me 5-6 times on multiple different maps. If you are too stupid to look even after the 4th or 5th time, you are certianly too stupid to be alive.

As for the TV station, I just don't go there. It isn't worth the death count you will build up for little or no gain. Personally I have defended that point for over 40 kills on a map with support resupplying without ever leaving the building and rarely even seeing the enemy. The lemmings just keep coming.

That said, claymores need to be limited to 2 per sniper, even though it wont stop most of the stupid people from running into them like lemmings, because they can't even be bothered to look.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6744
Apparently EA believed that mines were so weak that they needed to be smart and indestructable...giving mines an overbuff in the process (hmmm they did that with missles to).

I think that the mines need one of the buffs but not both...They should either be smart or indestructable. (and my vote is for smart because of the noobs that think the claymores are 1ups)
razz
+7|6682|Australia
gl picking up a live claymore
the_ubernoob_
+8|6744
I remember when the new kid picked up his claymore....never did find his fingers

Last edited by the_ubernoob_ (2006-02-27 21:06:18)

Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

harleyds wrote:

DTAC wrote:

Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault. The fella probably laid down 2 claymores, suicided (hence the suicide count) and respawned and laid two more down. It's the same as if a Special Ops laid down C4 and waited until someone comes to take the flag.
You do realize that after the someone dies, about 10 seconds later the C4, AT Mine or claymore disappears right?

The way he did it was with a Support guy nearby or someone threw ammo packs all over the floor.  I know cause I have also done it to defend a flag post.

And yes, from what I read, after 1.21, snipers can only lay a total of 2 claymores.  Even if they get a support bag, they can't lay anymore.  I don't know about C4 or Mines.
This is actually incorrect; claymores hang around after someone dies for around 66 seconds.
DTAC
+9|6741
Nothing wrong with having a limit of 2 live claymores per sniper.
Burnside44
+0|6678|Wisconsin.
I like the claymores now but really you shoild be able to destroy them with grenades end of story
red_chaos
+0|6806|San Diego, CA
yeah, even in clan matches ive witnessed claymore spamming. its pretty fd up. i was playing on one of the 24/7 warlord only servers and i swear there was like half of the opposition was snipers putting down claymores. they seriously need to fix this.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Not going to read all fo this, only some of it.
First, as it has been sorted out, Engineers can pick up enemy claymores I have done it many a time. Just backing that point up.

In the new patch they are going to address the claymore issue, but in my opinion a bit too much. Now a Sniper can only have two claymores out at a time, even if they are resupplied. In my opinion it's EA and DICE swinging far too much to the other side again, like the AA being useless, to the AA being unstoppable, (according to some pilots who found out that they wern't quite as good as they thought they were.) but what are ya gonna do?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au

Burnside44 wrote:

I like the claymores now but really you shoild be able to destroy them with grenades end of story
i totally agree, claymores are fun now, the only thing that needs to be fixed is that they can't be blown up. i mean the point is that if you see an enemy claymore, you should be able to dispose of it by just blowing it up. simple. if you don't spot it, you deserve to be blown up by it. the problem is not that snipers can drop multiple claymores, its that they didn't allow any compensation for that fact.
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6669

Far wrote:

DTAC wrote:

Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault.
ok... then prior to 1.2 the teammate walking into a BIG RED SKULL wasn't their fault?
Its fucking retarded the way it is now.
I'm not exactly for 100% realism but a claymore that can tell the difference between a friendly and an enemy is so far beyond unrealistic that it is laughable.
A claymore will NOT explode if someone walks past it. Someone have to pull the trigger. Claymores with trippingwires etc is NOT allowed in real war. Stop talking about realism, it's a game. Nothing in this game is realistic. Did you ever fire a dud from your smallarms? Does it rain?
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6736|Houston, TX
Yea, if ya want realism, claymores can hit a person from about 100 yard too. Also a grenades blast radius in real life is a "V" pattern. They blow up more than out. To hit a claymore you would have to get damn close to destroy it. They just need to set the limit to two and, everything should be fine.

P.S. the convex side of the claymore is the trigger. Approach the concave side to disarm.
mporlier
+42|6641|Montreal, Canada

DTAC wrote:

Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault. The fella probably laid down 2 claymores, suicided (hence the suicide count) and respawned and laid two more down. It's the same as if a Special Ops laid down C4 and waited until someone comes to take the flag.
I dont think you are right. After you die your claymores vannish after a certain time.
[BSG]DirtyHarry
+0|6680|France
Yep Ladies, me2.... in the first attempt... 39 KIAR.... and in the second 49 IAR.... but... you need a good team... which supplies... and which plays the "defence" game.... Warloard Palast.... there is no way in if a good team works together.... !!!!!
SlickWRX
+6|6744
The whole point of giving snipers claymores was for them to have a way to defend themselves from someone spotting them from behind and knifing them.  They were not intended to be used to set up a perimeter thats impossible to get through.  Even only allowing them to only have 2 active at a time is not going to help as long as they have a support guy nearby tossing out ammo bags.  The main problem is that they do not hurt teammates.  They should just go back to the way they worked before with one exception.  They should be given a different label than the red skull and crossbones.  Something unique that lets a teammate know there is a CLAYMORE around the next corner, not C4.  It has been suggested over and over and I don't see why EA hasn't done this.
FirePhoenix
+18|6640|hamilton, scotland
i agree that the claymore limit should be capped at 2. Alot of snipers just place some claymores and then get free kils that sucks. Slickwrx maybe they should have a should feature and flashing lightss and the minimap go crazy. It should be "FFS N00B FRIENDLY CLAYMORE/MINE"
yes that text should flash in 42 point letters on screen and a big rainbow coloured arrow shold point to it, even if the text fills the whole screen then at least they will know. And a sound too like a siren.
Tthe idiots stupid enough to run into friendly claymore mines should not be given the option to punish, but instead the person laying down the mine or claymore should be given an option to punish the idiots.

Last edited by FirePhoenix (2006-03-08 04:05:05)

Far
+22|6731|USA

[RSN]FSK.nor wrote:

Far wrote:

DTAC wrote:

Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault.
ok... then prior to 1.2 the teammate walking into a BIG RED SKULL wasn't their fault?
Its fucking retarded the way it is now.
I'm not exactly for 100% realism but a claymore that can tell the difference between a friendly and an enemy is so far beyond unrealistic that it is laughable.
A claymore will NOT explode if someone walks past it. Someone have to pull the trigger. Claymores with trippingwires etc is NOT allowed in real war. Stop talking about realism, it's a game. Nothing in this game is realistic. Did you ever fire a dud from your smallarms? Does it rain?
No shit Columbo!
I even said that I'm NOT FOR 100% realism.
But IF the game HAS a fucking claymore that DOES explode when someone walks past it, then going the extra step of having it be able to tell the difference between friend or foe is still fucking retarded no matter how you want to spin it.
You want claymore FF off? Fine... then it should still explode when anyone walks by it. BF1942 did the job fine with mines where if a friendly drove over a friendly mine it exploded but didn't do any damage to the friendly tank/Jeep.
Why do I feel it should still explode? Not because it's realistic... because it encourages the player to use some kind of strategy rather than mindlessly spamming the smart bombs wherever the fuck they want with no negative reprecussions whatsoever. Because its a game. The claymore-game is too easy. Don't even try to tell me that there is a strategy to the claymores the way they are now because there just isn't. It's just 'drop it & forget it' because its a guaranteed kill if you leave it in a high-traffic area.
A fucking grenade won't even blow the damned thing up?? Give me a break.
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6628|Pittsburgh, PA
I wish that everyone would quit crying about game changes and just adapt...for the love of god people, is this how you live your lives?  "That's not fair, Uncle Sam changed the tax law"  Tough shit, get over it. 

Anyway, there is a simple way to defeat all of those pesky little claymores in the TV station stairwell...just grapple up to the landing, but don't move when you get to the top.  I have capped it more than once this way.  You could conceivably zipline over to the ledge of the balcony and when you land don't move (just occured to me...haven't tried it yet).  You may even be able to turn the table and throw some claymores of your own to defend your precarious perch 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard