Benzin
+576|5997
http://www.ikea.com/at/de/catalog/products/S69849849

What do you guys think? I'll be getting in the light wood color with 180x200 size.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Looks like a good bed, looks comfortable for sleeping, or sitting and watching TV on, or reading on, or for the many other wholesome activities that one can do on a suitable bed.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
Haha - I was going to get the same one Tried one at IKEA and liked it. I'm particularly tall which is why it appealed to me - I tried one at IKEA and didn't find it too bad.
Benzin
+576|5997
Anyone ever bought an IKEA bed before? Worried about the quality because the bed I have is the cheapest of the cheap and going to be breaking soon, I think.

This is going to be an early Christmas present for my girlfriend along with help from my parents and maybe help from her mother.
Benzin
+576|5997
Haha, really kylef? I am gonna try and go on Friday morning and check it out, too. Maybe Thursday afternoon, not sure when. Gotta try and do it without my girlfriend catching on and Thursday and Friday she is working ...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
Yep ... I own some IKEA furniture and it is pretty stable heh *feels Mikhael desk* Malm bed looks nice in real life, I was quite pleased with it for its price. Yet to get one, though
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6250|England
only thing about ikea stuff is there duvets & sheets are a funny size
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

I have an IKEA bed, and I can tell you, it's the worst fucking mattress ever. Seriously, I'm never going to buy a bed from IKEA ever again. It should be out of here next month, in place of a custom bed and a mattress from Jensen (the Ambassador fyi.).

I've tried some at the IKEA store, and they weren't too good either. Mattress companies ftw.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6677|In You Endo- Stoke
Never bought a bed from ikea,there furniture seems to be ok.

Jenspm wrote:

I have an IKEA bed, and I can tell you, it's the worst fucking mattress ever. Seriously, I'm never going to buy a bed from IKEA ever again. It should be out of here next month, in place of a custom bed and a mattress from Jensen (the Ambassador fyi.).

I've tried some at the IKEA store, and they weren't too good either. Mattress companies ftw.
Those beds look awesome,how much is that going to set you back?
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6661|Groningen, The Netherlands
Most Ikea stuff is good, just go check it out first.
See if its stable and if it can take a bang, most of their stuff is though and good.
But some things they sell really don't last (if the display ones in the stores are a bit broken or something, its not a good sign)

Btw, looks like a nice bed^^
avman633
+116|6363
My brother has the same exact bed. He likes it and it looks pretty nice.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
IKEA furniture is shit. Anyone saying otherwise is rationalizing their decision with that thinking and with whatever they did with the money they saved. If you want to spend less to get less there isn't anything wrong with that, but don't tell yourself you're getting a good deal on furniture when you're sacrificing quality.

I have an IKEA bed, nightstand and dresser. The dresser has all but fallen apart in less than a year, the bed is doing okay but not great, and the nightstand is fine.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

IKEA furniture is shit. Anyone saying otherwise is rationalizing their decision with that thinking and with whatever they did with the money they saved. If you want to spend less to get less there isn't anything wrong with that, but don't tell yourself you're getting a good deal on furniture when you're sacrificing quality.

I have an IKEA bed, nightstand and dresser. The dresser has all but fallen apart in less than a year, the bed is doing okay but not great, and the nightstand is fine.
Maybe you just suck at fixing it up

Ever thought of that, you Maniac!

Coming in here and bad-mouthing Ikea like that....
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Never bought a bed from ikea,there furniture seems to be ok.

Jenspm wrote:

Those beds look awesome,how much is that going to set you back?
way too much.

I'd rather you go google it instead, tbh
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Flaming_Maniac

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Maybe you just suck at fixing it up

Ever thought of that, you Maniac!

Coming in here and bad-mouthing Ikea like that....
lawl yeah I know I'm gonna be crucified when the swedes get on and see me lambasting their blue and yellow marvel.

Seriously though, the price of furniture did not drop overnight when IKEA got into the business. If you want quality you still have to pay for it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Sounds like your building tbh! I have used tons of IKEA furniture, some with real heavy use - and it has all worked fine. Especially this desk I am on right now (Mikhael) - it is working a real treat.

Edit:
Come to think of it, my old chest of drawers was really crap - it fell apart - although it was my first build Although my brothers is fine..

Last edited by kylef (2008-09-16 15:03:28)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6485|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
i have ikea stuff and had no problems, i had a bed similar to the bed he is looking at and it was fine, stood up to many sessions with chicks. When you put their stuff together use wood glue also and a drill instead of the shitty little tools they give you.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6462|Tyne & Wear, England
You can get some IKEA furniture that is good and sturdy, my computer desk and sets of drawers are all good.  Obviously you gotta pay extra for the quality.

Most IKEA stuff seems like it would blow over in a stiff breeze though.

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2008-09-16 15:08:06)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Flaming_Maniac
Okay, I am a mechnicaly inclined person, I had no trouble putting the stuff together, then my dad who is good at amateur wood and metal working, much less putting together a Swedish puzzle, looked at the points of failure and has confirmed its poor design. The drawer bottoms are a flimsy piece of cardboard that can hold maybe twenty pounds before folding right out of their channels. It's just pitiful attempts to lower costs by using shitty materials on any interior pieces with no thought to longevity.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6485|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Okay, I am a mechnicaly inclined person, I had no trouble putting the stuff together, then my dad who is good at amateur wood and metal working, much less putting together a Swedish puzzle, looked at the points of failure and has confirmed its poor design. The drawer bottoms are a flimsy piece of cardboard that can hold maybe twenty pounds before folding right out of their channels. It's just pitiful attempts to lower costs by using shitty materials on any interior pieces with no thought to longevity.
well thats your problem, you got their dresser! I have a coffee table and 2 7 foot shelves. Their dressers aren't the best, they even told me that at the store.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال
I have the same bed.. lol
-Ikea FTW?

Last edited by Beduin (2008-09-16 15:21:57)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Looks nice, mattress could be thicker though.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You have FAKE IKEA furniture.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
ParadoXic
+11|5733|Vancouver, Canada
Looks pretty sexy.

I really need a new bed but my room is quite small and I don't really have room to get a bigger one...
Stimey
­
+786|6118|Ontario | Canada
Get a race car bed.
­
­
­
­
­
­

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard