Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

MotoGP is on at quarter to 8 on bbc one, press the red button, just incase you ain't got Eurosport, best to start watching it from quarter past 7 though.

I know none of you fags watch MotoGP, but you should, seriously.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England

The Sheriff wrote:

MotoGP is on at quarter to 8 on bbc one, press the red button, just incase you ain't got Eurosport, best to start watching it from quarter past 7 though.

I know none of you fags watch MotoGP, but you should, seriously.
Been watching on Eurosport.  They just went over 3/4 race distance in the 125 race before the rain came in so they called it at that.  The 250's abandoned the grid, so waiting to see if we actually get a GP race today

Last edited by KingCheese (2008-09-14 10:37:55)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Ayumiz wrote:

Sweet Singapore grand prix is a fortnight away. And it just rained while i was watching Monza.
That is going to be seriously amazing. First ever F1 night race...in fact, do F1 cars even have headlights?!

/googles it
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london

kylef wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Oh and the glitz and glam of the night-time Singapore grand prix is on my birthday weekend... they knew I was 16 then, so they obviously put the best track on that weekend :>
Hmm same come to think of it, 27th here. Although I'll be 17
26th.. WE HAVE ALMOST SO MUCH IN COMMON
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

Snake wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

Sweet Singapore grand prix is a fortnight away. And it just rained while i was watching Monza.
That is going to be seriously amazing. First ever F1 night race...in fact, do F1 cars even have headlights?!

/googles it
The track will be lit by powerful spotlights, the F1 cars don't have headlights on them - just those annoying flashing taillights. Should be a great race 60% chance of rain in the long-range weather forecasts, apparently.

kptk92 wrote:

kylef wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Oh and the glitz and glam of the night-time Singapore grand prix is on my birthday weekend... they knew I was 16 then, so they obviously put the best track on that weekend :>
Hmm same come to think of it, 27th here. Although I'll be 17
26th.. WE HAVE ALMOST SO MUCH IN COMMON
Almost
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF
So,anyone notice a slight inconsistincy with the FIA? Funny how Webber didn't get a 25 second time penalty for cutting the chicane and gaining an advantage but handing it back.

It's a fucking conspiracy against McLaren, look at last week, and this week with Webber (In a Red Bull, who coincidently use Ferrari engines). The FIA recognise Ferrari as the glory team of the sport and don't want to do anything to impede them. No penalty for Massa a few weeks back after taking off out the pit lane early either
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Solid race by Vettel. Hamilton had some great overtakes this race, and he had to - starting from 15th. But I have to say, he was a little too rough today imo. First, he pressed Timo Glock out on the grass on the straight away. You do not push people wide on the straights. Later in the race, he pushed Webber far outside in the chicane, forcing him to cut the corner. Webber was as far out as he could, and had no way to avoid cutting the chicane.

As a consequence, we have guys with retarded names (read: 1n_n07h1ng_w3_7ru57) complaining about Webber cutting corners. gawd.

I lol'd quite a few times at Piquet - he does so many stupid things on the track, like when he unpressed cut the chicane, and spent ages weaving through the blocks

Massa was unlucky after his second pit, and got caught in some heavy traffic. The commentators suspected that Kimi had stiff suspension etc, which would explain him sucking when it was wet, and owning when it dried up.

And btw, it was Hamilton's choice to go to intermediate tyres in the Qualifying. The technician asked Heikki if he wanted to switch as well, and Heikki said "No, I think that's a mistake", to which the technician replied, "I agree."
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

Jenspm wrote:

Solid race by Vettel. Hamilton had some great overtakes this race, and he had to - starting from 15th. But I have to say, he was a little too rough today imo. First, he pressed Timo Glock out on the grass on the straight away. You do not push people wide on the straights. Later in the race, he pushed Webber far outside in the chicane, forcing him to cut the corner. Webber was as far out as he could, and had no way to avoid cutting the chicane."
imo the only reason they didn't open an investigation was because of Raikkonen / Massa in Spa (remember? Raikkonen almost pushed Massa off the track ... or vice versa?) and then McLaren would lodge yet another appeal.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Jenspm wrote:

Hamilton had some great overtakes this race, and he had to - starting from 15th. But I have to say, he was a little too rough today imo. First, he pressed Timo Glock out on the grass on the straight away.
Did you see the spray being kicked up from the track? They showed it from his POV on a replay and there was no way he could even see behind him far enough to see Glock, nevermind know he was trying to overtake on the outside. I cant remember whether it looked deliberate or not, but IIRC, his cockpit view basically showed him going for the racing line for the chicane ahead, i.e. not "swerving" to purposely push Glock off the track.

Thats something I was thinking a lot throughout the race, to be going 180mph and not even see like 20ft in front of you because of spray is absolutely incredible.

Jenspm wrote:

Later in the race, he pushed Webber far outside in the chicane, forcing him to cut the corner. Webber was as far out as he could, and had no way to avoid cutting the chicane.
That one, I agree with. When I saw it I was expecting a drive-though penalty or something. Mind you, that was no different to Kimi/Hamiltons move last week at Spa...

Jenspm wrote:

And btw, it was Hamilton's choice to go to intermediate tyres in the Qualifying. The technician asked Heikki if he wanted to switch as well, and Heikki said "No, I think that's a mistake", to which the technician replied, "I agree."
You really dont like Lewis do ya?
Last I heard, Hamilton and his engineer agreed to go with the intermediates: and paid the price for it. I think Hamiltons race today showed that he is one of the greats.
Jenspm
penis

Snake wrote:

no, I hate him and his father. I respect him as a driver though, he is extremely talented.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

Jenspm wrote:

Snake wrote:

no, I hate him and his father. I respect him as a driver though, he is extremely talented.
It's because he's black right?
CammRobb
Banned

Jenspm wrote:

As a consequence, we have guys with retarded names (read: 1n_n07h1ng_w3_7ru57) complaining about Webber cutting corners. gawd.
Leave he name out you bell-end. And I'm right to complain about Webber doing what he did unpenalised, the favouritism that Ferrari receive from the FIA is ridiculous!!
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6709|Pakistan/England
ima be at singapore for the next race. should be friggin amazing! hope its not too wet tho :S
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6704|Singapore

tahadar wrote:

ima be at singapore for the next race. should be friggin amazing! hope its not too wet tho :S
wow cool. Now the road near the track is frigging closed wtf. So i cant head to town while driving.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Hamilton certainly knows how to drive, no doubt about that ... but he lacks good sportmansship, he did atleast 3 bad moves against other drivers just at Spa, the two allready mentioned + he cut just infront of Alonso almost clipping his front wing ...

Good on Vettel, youngest driver ever to win a race ... he is definately a driver for the future, with a better car he would be right up there every race ... hope to see him in a Toyota soon
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

Hamilton reminds me of Schumacher.

Oh did any of you watch the Indy MotoGP?
Jenspm
penis

1n_n07h1ng_w3_7ru57 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Leave he name out you bell-end. And I'm right to complain about Webber doing what he did unpenalised, the favouritism that Ferrari receive from the FIA is ridiculous!!
wtf are you talking about? He gave him the lead back, and let him have the next turn without pressuring him. I feel like going all Zimmer on you, but I cba

Varegg: good point, I forgot about the Alonso insident.
CammRobb
Banned
Yeah, which is exactly what Hamilton did at Spa, but the FIA punished him for it, it's the worst decision I've seen in F1!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

1n_n07h1ng_w3_7ru57 wrote:

Yeah, which is exactly what Hamilton did at Spa, but the FIA punished him for it, it's the worst decision I've seen in F1!
Then you haven't seen much tbh ... the incident at Spa was different in the way that Hamilton didn't wait to make a pass at Kimi until the first bend after the incident was passed and the rules states that very clear ... so Hamilton got a 25 second penalty as he deserved ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Apart from Ferrari's obvious shortcomings in the rain, wet GP's are normally the best...more excitement, as we all saw last week
You know, I completely disagree....
While it is interesting now with no traction control too much of the "action" is simply random mishaps, I find a straight up battle to be much more interesting...

kylef wrote:

Qualifying in 25 minutes I think Kovalainen will get the pole, but won't finish first. On another forum we do predictions - here were mine:

1. Raikkonen
2. Hamilton
3. Kovalainen
4. Massa
5. Heidfeld
6. Alonso
7. Glock
8. Vettel
P. Kovalainen
FL. Kovalainen
MPG. Trulli
1-8 race finish position, P = pole in qualifying, FL = fastest lap in race, MPG = most positions gained.
You lose
So awesome to see the underdogs have such a great result, while I am sure Schumacher enjoyed all his wins you just know that to someone like Vettel is is completely different. I think the way he just dropped his head into his hands while crossing the finish said it all. I thought it was great how he maintained professionalism over the radio while being congratulated, then right before his radio cut out you just hear "YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

God damn was he LOVING hearing his national anthem. They really did not get him enough with the champaign, honestly they both should have dumped the whole bottle on him.

Also damn, aero set up for dry with little down force... Good job man.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard