OxenBreeder
+46|5816|KTRI
Just curious as to how many areas around the country are low on gas or out? After work tonight, I passed 7 gas stations that were out.

Stopped to get a beer and gas, of course they were out, but the girl behind the counter said the station about a mile and half down the road has some. I was down to 1/3 of a tank, so not knowing when supplies will be back to normal, I took a chance and drove over and found some at $3.99/gal up from about $3.55/gal 2 days ago.

Our local news at 6pm showed one local station jacked up prices to $5.49/gal. As I went to work this afternoon, one supermarket still had their price at $3.54/gal, the line for it was probably 100 yards long, plus I didn't have time to stop.

Anyone else having the same problems? I'm the the Tri Cities of Tenn btw.

Last edited by OxenBreeder (2008-09-12 21:15:03)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6374|New Haven, CT
Everything is normal as far as I know.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6351
prices here went up 14 cents per litre
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6647|Michigan, USA
Havent seen any without gas, but gas shot up to $3.95/Gallon as opposed to $3.60/Gallon.  Ive heard gas prices going up as high a $6/Gallon in my area as well(havent personally seen them).

Detroit Suburbs by the way.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6700|Washington DC

There's not a place in the U.S. that can blow something out of proportion better than Johnson City...

But, yeah, there will probably be a slight spike in prices due to Ike.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6818|Tenn
what the hell is the tri cities of tenn?

everything seemed normal, prices went up a bit. i had enough gas to not have to pay much attention. but there were a lot of full gas gas stations.
OrangeHound

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

what the hell is the tri cities of tenn?

everything seemed normal, prices went up a bit. i had enough gas to not have to pay much attention. but there were a lot of full gas gas stations.
You must not be from the East.  It is Johnson City, Bristol, and Kingsport.
OxenBreeder
+46|5816|KTRI

OrangeHound wrote:

There's not a place in the U.S. that can blow something out of proportion better than Johnson City...

But, yeah, there will probably be a slight spike in prices due to Ike.
OH, you know it. Every station I passed today on my way to work, had a line. Maybe not 100 yards long, but longer than I'd be willing to wait in.

Vols got this one in the bag this weekend?
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6280|NSW, Australia

nope, ive never seen a station with no fuel left. ive seen them closed but they were doing maintenance

$1.45 /L on a good day $1.62 /L on a bad day

fuck you have it cheap in the US
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6497|Chicago, IL
haven't heard anything, but haven't driven since august either
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6621|USA

S.Lythberg wrote:

i have a week before i become a bike man. i don't think i'll actually mind though because the city i'll be in (davis, CA) is built for biking, and all the good food (burger king, in n out, chipotle, etc) is within 3 miles of me.

but yeah, i've got a week to drive and a half a tank of gas. prices no longer affect me. its kind of nice, actually.
OxenBreeder
+46|5816|KTRI

Ender2309 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

i have a week before i become a bike man. i don't think i'll actually mind though because the city i'll be in (davis, CA) is built for biking, and all the good food (burger king, in n out, chipotle, etc) is within 3 miles of me.

but yeah, i've got a week to drive and a half a tank of gas. prices no longer affect me. its kind of nice, actually.
I've been thinking seriously about a moped since gas hit $2.75-$3.00/gal.

It's funny too, remember the Chinese riding bikes everywhere, they can afford cars and gas nowadays. The tide has turned, seems like we're going to be the ones riding the bikes now.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6621|USA

OxenBreeder wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I've been thinking seriously about a moped since gas hit $2.75-$3.00/gal.

It's funny too, remember the Chinese riding bikes everywhere, they can afford cars and gas nowadays. The tide has turned, seems like we're going to be the ones riding the bikes now.
well it just makes sense. theres no reason to drive a car  a mile down the road to grab a donut. it wastes money and makes you fat, right?
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6031|Toronto
Nyet, we're still at 1.20$/litre here.
I like pie.
Kashmir
The J-10 is my J-10
+39|6744
you complain about that it  costs us £1.10/litre in the UK.

Last edited by Kashmir (2008-09-13 06:27:02)

Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6280|NSW, Australia

ps dont call it gas

its not fuckign gas
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6683

Nappy wrote:

ps dont call it gas

its not fuckign gas
Petrol?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6618|NYC / Hamburg

Everything normal here
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6544|N. Ireland
Prices dropping a tad ... ~120p/litre
i g
Banned
+876|5915|GA

payed $85 to fill up my jeep on thursday at $3.65. it went up to $3.80 less than a day later
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6812

Nappy wrote:

ps dont call it gas

its not fuckign gas
shut up hes american its gas you numpty
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6465|Finland

Kashmir wrote:

you complain about that it  costs us £1.10/litre in the UK.
and over €1.5/L here
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
i g
Banned
+876|5915|GA

tyres
OrangeHound

Nappy wrote:

ps dont call it gas

its not fuckign gas
Yes it is.  That's our American slang ... gas comes from "Gasoline" [1], which is the brand name that was popular in the United States (similar to the "Petrol" brand name used in the UK and its territories).   

And, before you start bashing our American slang, you need to first stop calling your grills a little girl's doll.  Deal? 

[1] In 1900, the word "gas" (when used) referred to a highly combustible vapor that powered things such as street lamps ... the "-oline" comes from the Greek "elaeon" which means "rain" or "oil" ... thus the brand "Gasoline" simply captured the notion of a flammable liquid.  The word was never trademarked in the U.S.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6672|London, England

OxenBreeder wrote:

Anyone else having the same problems? I'm the the Tri Cities of Tenn btw.
I'm in the one city of Lonn, everything seems to be fine here

On a sidenote, I fucking hate that "Gasolina" song. Infact, I pretty much hate all Latino music. No offence, but I find it horrible (from what I've heard on the Latino radio stations in GTA:SA/GTA4) the vocals just......sound terrible...hard to explain, just makes me cringe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard