nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6333|New Haven, CT
If there is anything CoD4 did truly well, it is the jumping mechanics.
Hallvard
+262|6531|North Norway

madmurre wrote:

If you want realism don´t play a game.
qft
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6358|Iowa...
let's get one thing straight.bunnyhopping is not possible in COD4;jumping is.there's a big difference.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6203|Schofield Barracks

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Did someone recently, repeatedly kill you your while you were hopping about?  You have 940 karma.  You haven't come across this topic before here?
Who thinks this guy thinks this topic is about BF2?
i do
HITNRUNXX
+220|6718|Oklahoma City

NantanCochise wrote:

This is really the fault of the developers. BF2 can be called a combat simulator, therefore seeing soldiers bunnyhopping looks stupid and unrealistic. Yes, there are many things if BF2 that are unrealistic but please, seeing some guy running around bunnyhopping trying to avoid getting shot looks so lame. Funny thing is I constantly seeing them getting owned. Why not duck behind objects and hide around walls. One thing you learn in the military is to always use the terrain to your advantage, never engage out in the open. I have noticed that more mature and older players do not bunnyhop. Unforunatley there are a lot of kids playing these games and they really dont understand nor care for realism. If Hillary wins the election than maybe she will raise the age for violent games to adult (remember she was really big on censorship for music, tv and film). yippi, lol...
Not talking about BF2 here...

In CoD4 "bunnyhopping" by the classic meaning does not exist.

I think people getting mad about/banning for bunnyhopping in general is stupid. A friend of mine got "banned for bunnyhopping" from a server once when he jumped ONCE as he was going around a corner under fire. He thought of it as diving around the corner... Just like you would do in real life. Sprint to corner and dive. One jump made an admin miss him, so instant ban. Funny think was, the same friend was banned doing the EXACT SAME THING in BF2... A single jump...

Admins get to much power IMO...
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6732|SPARTA
in a game ill do everything that makes me win. as long as i can jump and you're too dumb to hit me, ill jump. shall i stand still and let me get shot??? oh, and why not banning for sprinting XD
and dont cry "uh thats unrealistic, you wouldnt hop in real life" yes i wouldnt, because there i would do other things to keep me alive. but, keep ready the oxygen, ITS A GAME!!!! and in that ill do that to keep me alive. period.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6156|Texas
In my experience, jumping just makes you more likely to get killed.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6270

Death_Brinded_Pro wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

Omg. This is bunnyhopping, nothing else. And it looks great and is also really hard to do
poeple still call that bunnyhopping?

thats strafejumping, continually, in quake everyone and anyone does it. but yeah it can be called bunnyhopping, strafejumping is all about getting speed, and being able to jump further
Strafejumping is an entirely different thing. You don't really need speed to strafe jump just the first part of the sprint and in COD2 having the pistol out. Strafejumping is either about jumping higher or farther depending on your frames, the quake engine has to entirely do with fps if you get a constant fps of 125 or 255 you can shoot anything unless you have bad aim. The source engine has a little to do with fps but not as much as the Quake engine. You can't bunnyhop or as you put it "strafejumping, continually" in the Quake engine it's an entirely different thing altogether.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6165|Vancouver | Canada
I only jump in BF2 when I'm sniping close range.

Otherwise I don't bother.

I can hit people in mid air just as easy as on the ground. Their loss for jumping around like idiots when they could just kill me instead.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6668|BC, Canada
old thread but w/e. I dont jump in Cod4, dont really feel like it, so I play servers that dont allow it. I jumped all the time in BF2. But I find bf2 boring as sin now anyway. I think hopping around detracts from the enjoyment I get out of a game( when I do it, or you, to who ever says its cause I cant aim, killing hoppers isnt that hard), at least this one. So I choose to play on tactical servers, because I enjoy the sneaking around/ properly defending/ luring people into a trap aspect of the game.

If I decide at some point that I want to hop, I'll go to a server that allows it. This here is what gets me about these arguments, there is 20000 servers to chose from, with every rule imaginiable, the majority of which have none. Its easy to find a server that suits how you want to play the game, so why bitch when you join a server with rules you dont agree with. Your the one who hit the join server button, I really dont belive they dragged you in there forcefully.

You dont rule at the game because you hop, I dont rule at it because I dont, it's just how we play.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5945

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

stand still so i can shoot you. yea thats likely
Well said man!

Yeah I bunnyhop when I'm using an SMG or my red tiger AK. However I'm more of the low ROF accurate shooting type of player. Not a sniper but like the M16, the M14 or the G3. Usually always with an ACOG so I can see if that figure is a head sticking out or a piece of debris.

It's a reflex I still have from Battlefield 2. Which I really miss. I still have it but I wonder if I should install it. Are there still a good amount of popular EU servers out there? Like maybe 50 good servers still running? Or more?
Phaytal
+20|6163|Engarlandd
I payed £29.99 for this keyboard.
This keyboard came with a space bar.
I intend to use this space bar.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

Phaytal wrote:

I payed £29.99 for this keyboard.
This keyboard came with a space bar.
I intend to use this space bar.
lllloooooooooooooooooolllllllllllll
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6364|England - Kent
It bugs me when im shooting he jumps out the way then back in front and shoot me. I also hate it when ppl jump round cornors.

They should just set the crosshairs to expand 200% making it hard to do but not impossable.
Phaytal
+20|6163|Engarlandd

xRBLx wrote:

It bugs me when im shooting he jumps out the way then back in front and shoot me.
Yea, seems silly they'd try to avoid getting shot..

xRBLx wrote:

They should just set the crosshairs to expand 200% making it hard to do but not impossable.
This games ability to spray and still hit everything makes needing crosshairs a thing of the past..
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6335|England

xRBLx wrote:

It bugs me when im shooting he jumps out the way then back in front and shoot me. I also hate it when ppl jump round cornors.

You're incapable of moving your mouse sideways to trace his movement? Well played
airborne916
+24|6674

usmarine wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Out of all the things to blame your failures on, why bunnyhopping?
Its gay, lame, cheesy, stupid, retarded, and idiotic.
didnt know u where playin cod for the realism
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6139|Carnoustie MASSIF
If you had a gun pointed at you would you not try your hardest to get out the path of the bullets?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard