+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
Using it now, waaay faster than FF  IMO

Anyway to change the colour scheme though? i hate blue
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6441|King Of The Islands

No sir.

https://jasonclark.ws/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/220px-general_melchett.jpg
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Benzin
+576|6000
http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2008/09/g … sucks.html

Read this ... then see if you like Chrome.
Benzin
+576|6000
Fuck, I hate it when JKK does those updates without putting them at the top ...
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6751

I'm using it now. It's great. Hot too.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6394|Southern California

CapnNismo wrote:

http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2008/09/google-chrome-sucks.html

besides the fact that this has already been removed....

How many copy rights do you own? If what your posting to the web is not copyrighted they can take it and use it anyways. Its a pretty weak thing to have in the use agreement, but the VAST majority of people who were freaking out about it are completely unaffected by it, even if google meant it to be there.

As I said though, I definitely support it being removed for those who are working with copyrighted material... Its just that so many of the people saying they would never use it because of it could never really be effected by it anyways.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

VicktorVauhn wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2008/09/google-chrome-sucks.html

besides the fact that this has already been removed....

How many copy rights do you own? If what your posting to the web is not copyrighted they can take it and use it anyways. Its a pretty weak thing to have in the use agreement, but the VAST majority of people who were freaking out about it are completely unaffected by it, even if google meant it to be there.

As I said though, I definitely support it being removed for those who are working with copyrighted material... Its just that so many of the people saying they would never use it because of it could never really be effected by it anyways.
I think it is there to stave off any frivolous lawsuits.
latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6659|west liberty IA
is it true that its tracking everthing i do....like anything illegal like torrents... anyways the icon for google chrome looks like a deform pokeball just to let everyone know.
VicktorVauhn

latinolink wrote:

is it true that its tracking everthing i do....like anything illegal like torrents... anyways the icon for google chrome looks like a deform pokeball just to let everyone know.
You win the prize for being the 50th person in this thread to point that out?
Brasso
+1,549|6632

VicktorVauhn wrote:

latinolink wrote:

You win the prize for being the 50th person in this thread to point that out?
51st.  prize awarded.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6743|OctoLand
damn, it's fast.
I know fucking karate
i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

justice wrote:

damn, it's fast.
havent seen u in a while
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

i g wrote:

justice wrote:

damn, it's fast.
havent seen u in a while
Yeeah.. didn't you move to something Island?
Brasso
+1,549|6632

Gooners wrote:

i g wrote:

justice wrote:

damn, it's fast.
havent seen u in a while
Yeeah.. didn't you move to something Island?
i thought he was from antigua or something
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Smithereener
+138|6318|California
Decided to try it out, I'm not noticing much difference from Opera (aside from the interface of course), but it looks much, much cleaner. Checked my system processes, Chrome runs with way fewer resources than Opera apparently, both having only one tab open. I think I might stick to this, so far I like it. Even has a spell checker, nice.

Well, I just checked again, comparing how much it takes to run Opera vs Chrome, and the numbers are relatively the same. I don't know what it is, but it seems that Opera takes up only a little bit of resources to run one second, and then next second, it jumps to over 100k. At any rate, I think I may be using Chrome as my default browser for some time.

Edit: Oh yeah, can I enable mouse gestures for Chrome anywhere? I've gotten kind of used to opening/closing tabs on Opera with the gestures, so it'd be nice if Chrome had support for them somewhere (assuming it doesn't).

Last edited by Smithereener (2008-09-04 17:59:34)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
Looks very nice.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
VicktorVauhn

Smithereener wrote:

Decided to try it out, I'm not noticing much difference from Opera (aside from the interface of course), but it looks much, much cleaner. Checked my system processes, Chrome runs with way fewer resources than Opera apparently, both having only one tab open. I think I might stick to this, so far I like it. Even has a spell checker, nice.

Well, I just checked again, comparing how much it takes to run Opera vs Chrome, and the numbers are relatively the same. I don't know what it is, but it seems that Opera takes up only a little bit of resources to run one second, and then next second, it jumps to over 100k. At any rate, I think I may be using Chrome as my default browser for some time.

Edit: Oh yeah, can I enable mouse gestures for Chrome anywhere? I've gotten kind of used to opening/closing tabs on Opera with the gestures, so it'd be nice if Chrome had support for them somewhere (assuming it doesn't).
Where is the spell check? I NEED spell check, one of the bigger things keeping me from using it.

Its almost too minimalist, seems like anything you want to use you have to find... but that is also just getting used to something new...

Smithereener wrote:

My laptop has 3rd party mouse gesture software, not on it so I cant give more info, but google around for that...

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2008-09-04 18:08:08)

Smithereener
+138|6318|California

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Where is the spell check? I NEED spell check, one of the bigger things keeping me from using it.

Its almost too minimalist, seems like anything you want to use you have to find... but that is also just getting used to something new...
I was typing my post and I made a mistake, and it underlined it for me, when I right clicked it, it had the word suggestions.
VicktorVauhn
Strange... lemme go try again... could swear it wasn't doing that for me and I make all kinds of mistakes..

sonnamabitch what do you know...
Well all I need now is my ad block and mouse wheel click to scroll.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2008-09-04 18:20:28)

Brasso
+1,549|6632

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I make all kinds of mistakes..
you still do
VicktorVauhn

haffeysucks wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I make all kinds of mistakes..
you still do
Imagine if I didn't have the magic red underline to assist....
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6552|CH/BR - in UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Google is becoming an MS monopoly.

EDIT: I F5'd 4chan the second after I posted this, and got this:

google = the new microsoft

releasing shitty programs that aren't ready and have no support, all for windows only.

fuck google, fuck chrome, FF still rules

Fate.
lol?
They released Chrome for Windows, are porting it to OSX, and gave the source code to the Linux community. How much more can you want?

This is a fresh browser, if you compare it to the others. It's centred around what the internet is today, and not what it was 10 years ago (the time when other browsers were being made). They're trying to freshen up the browser market by creating competition. Competition is essentially an incentive for improvement. Google is also constantly being competed with. The source of income of Google is ads - and the rest of their products are mostly fresh things to liven up the internet market - to add some competition. What's wrong with that?

They're becoming a monopoly (they practically are for ads) - but their company policy is based on being fair to users. They keep themselves in check. They have a fresh look on things - so I ask you, why not?

I was really sceptical about this browser, and only downloaded it after several people telling me I absolutely had to. Now that I've tried it, I've ditched Firefox - it's much faster and a shitload more convenient. I'm looking forward to RSS and API support - but I have to say that for an initial release, this is pretty amazing.

*Forgot to add:
They patched up the User Agreement.

-kon

PS: The mere fact that you check 4chan is worrying... D:

Last edited by konfusion (2008-09-04 19:07:38)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

I'm not gonna try it until most of the initial bugs are worked out. Not sure if this security flaw has been fixed yet. I'll wait a month or two before I try it out.
VicktorVauhn

ebug9 wrote:

I'm not gonna try it until most of the initial bugs are worked out. Not sure if this security flaw has been fixed yet. I'll wait a month or two before I try it out.
Yeah, but you have to run the program that has been downloaded manually to for that to be a flaw...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6607|Greenwood, IN

ebug9 wrote:

Beta...  But then again gmail has been in beta god knows how long.

I'll give it a try i'll post what I think of it later.(If anyone cares that is.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard