Poll

How many of you own(ed) a Bootleg Video Game?

I do, and proud of it!43%43% - 43
H*** no!23%23% - 23
Of course I don't *shifty eyes*20%20% - 20
Whats a bootleg video game?12%12% - 12
Total: 98
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Pretty much all games that I don't play online.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6363|Southern California
Of course I don't, not for moral reason but because it is against the law sir!

If I was gonna pirate stuff though, I would probably pirate:
Crysis, WiC, ArmA, War Craft 3 and star craft and every SNES game ever made.... though I would likely end up deleting all of those but Crysis, Arma and the US copies of SNES games (otherwise it would probably be like 16 gig of SNES games, rather then just 4)

I wouldn't pirate much/any music though... most of the musicians I listen are obscure enough that I want to give them the sale out of respect.

Though I suppose it would be easy enough to set up a file sharing network for the univerity apartments, so if it wasn't illegal I would pirate the shit out of every movie I wanted to see, then buy a big hard drive for my PS3 and put them all on there

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2008-08-25 16:19:09)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Many and I feel bad about all of them
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ryan wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

Same, although I am considering on getting BF:Vietnam, BF2142: Northern Strike, and TF2. I am only considering.
Pirated TF2...lol

Have fun going through the options/achievements and watching the dev walkthrough.
I tried getting TF2, but you can't play online, only in cracked servers, which is lame.
I'm buying it, but I'll torrent spore.
Actually, I just want a cd key for tf2, I have the game downloaded(free trial special they had) already.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6548|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I pirate mostly single players game that are hard to get in store now. If i really like the game or want the multiplayer ill buy it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

No I don't/haven't. I own bootleg software but no games.

By the way, did you censor the word "Hell"? What the fuck man?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6756|Perth, Western Australia
My friend brought back from Bangkok a few disks some years back - the one that had KOTOR2 and Republic Commando on itis still sitting on my desk...

But generally I buy games.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6731|San Antonio, Texas
I have Bioshock bootlegged. I'm not going to buy it and have someone say how many times I can install it.
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6704|California
I pirate music and programs all the time, but almost every game I have is legitimate. Only pirated game I can think of off the top of my head is Jedi Knight 2, but that was five or six years ago. In contrast, there really aren't a whole lot of games I even care about playing, so the number of games I buy yearly is two or three at most.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

Zimmer wrote:

I only pirate games to try them out. Once I am satisfied, I purchase. If I am not, then I'll either use the pirate version or delete it.
Same here.

*hides from Nuk*
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland

Ty wrote:

did you censor the word "Hell"? ... fuck
lol

I have in the past, yep. In fact, I still do if I see something that looks good. However, the majority of my games come from Steam and I paid for all of those. I did pirate GRID and still have it installed but that's only because I haven't got round to un-installing it yet ... haven't played it in months

The only pirated game I have on my computer at the minute which I haven't bought is FSX. I probably never will buy it, but I do think it's great.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
But the poll is stupid. I do it but I'm not proud. Wheres the simple option called "yes"?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6391|Melbourne, AUS
no wai! I wouldn't download a pirated game so I can play it without paying. <dodgy azn look>

Last edited by maffiaw (2008-08-26 02:15:05)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

.Sup wrote:

But the poll is stupid. I do it but I'm not proud. Wheres the simple option called "yes"?
the third one.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6649|In You Endo- Stoke
Yes i do,but it will be mainly one player games, ie godfather,NFL 06/07/08.

Any other game that i want i will buy.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6708

Zimmer wrote:

I only pirate games to try them out. Once I am satisfied, I purchase. If I am not, then I'll either use the pirate version or delete it.
Seconded.

I've done this for the following games so far:

Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Bioshock & various Steam games to name a few.

I own all of these. I bought them after I tried the game.
weasel_thingo
+74|6297
I only pirate games that I wouldn't buy anyway, if I enjoy playing the pirated game, I will then buy a real copy.
Rarely even do that though, as my internet is awful, and I cbf.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma
Well i downloaded a couple of games and I liked all of them so I went to the shop and I bought them.
One game that I really regret spending time to download was Simcity societies.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
GR34
+215|6516|ALBERTA> CANADA
I buy all my games, Except CoD4 Mass Effect Sins of solar empire, ME2:TW Expansions, GTA:SA, IL2,
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
The closest thing I have done is to get a copy of Age of Empires II burned from a friend in the age before games had good copy protection. I've never gone out and looked to do what I want because a pirate is free; I'm not a pirate.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6636|NT, like Mick Dundee

Was sent multiple copies of burnt/bootleg games when younger and used all.

I have since payed full retail price for most of them though. Except MDK and others I can't remember....

Last edited by Flecco (2008-08-26 18:33:54)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Phaytal
+20|6125|Engarlandd
If theres anything that has monthly charges I will actually pay a few coin to get it pirated, the greedy cunts will make it all up in one months subscription fees anyway, so bolocks to them. When its a 1 shot deal, Ill happily hand over a few £'s for it, companies have actually said that they're sceptical on producing games targetted for the PC because of the amount of pirating that goes on. =/
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT

.Sup wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Same here.

*hides from Nuk*
Ph33r me.

Really, I don't consider torrenting to test wrong. Its just keeping the pirated version in lieu of buying it that is wrong. I won't do it, obviously, but I don't have a problem with it.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
I torrent the game, try it out and if it is worth paying for it I buy it. Though in my opinion only a few games in last 2-3 years were worth paying for them...
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6078|Birmingham, UK
I thought this meant some crappy video game "Bootleg" were giving away with shoes and stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard