fredskov9
a proud father
+29|6176|denmark
Today i switched my ram an i took off my 8800 so i had moore room.When i started my pc again my screen showed like a rainbow off colors...     
I had to use my 7500 LE  instead and now the computer is running fine,is my gpu dead????
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

Does sounds pretty terminal, you did remember to re-attach the power cable didn't you?
fredskov9
a proud father
+29|6176|denmark

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Does sounds pretty terminal, you did remember to re-attach the power cable didn't you?
Yes i did,and i was so carefull
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6587|NYC / Hamburg

recheck your connections. But it does sound pretty dead
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6473|The Twilight Zone
Maybe its not seated well. Try reseating it. I hope you turned the PC off from power completely.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
fredskov9
a proud father
+29|6176|denmark

.Sup wrote:

Maybe its not seated well. Try reseating it. I hope you turned the PC off from power completely.
I tryed 2 times and still the same,yes i turned the power off.Just have to call the shop where i bought it although its a pain in the a..
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

Bung it back in make sure it's in properly, don't be scared of giving it a good shove, half the things I see dying were because they were pussies putting them in, didnt seat it properly and they shorted the connections.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85
Blow in the PCI-E socket, NES cartridge style.

Wear a static wristband next time as well.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ahh I miss the NES days, well actually my first Nintendo was a SNES but it still had the same dust problems

Argh I'm off to eBay to find a SNES and Killer Instinct/Donkey Kong Country or maybe Starwing, too many options.
fredskov9
a proud father
+29|6176|denmark

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

But im using my 7500 now and that works fine
alexb
<3
+590|5959|Kentucky, USA

Maybe the connectors on your 8800GT are dirty, and also make sure they are not scratched. (Gold PCI Plating.)
.Sup
be nice
I think raibow looking screen has to do something with power. Try plugging in a different power cable. 7500LE isn't connected to a power cable is it?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6513|N. Ireland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ahh I miss the NES days, well actually my first Nintendo was a SNES but it still had the same dust problems

Argh I'm off to eBay to find a SNES and Killer Instinct/Donkey Kong Country or maybe Starwing, too many options.
Star Wing! That brings back memories..
alexb
<3
+590|5959|Kentucky, USA

.Sup wrote:

I think raibow looking screen has to do something with power. Try plugging in a different power cable. 7500LE isn't connected to a power cable is it?
My 7600GT doesn't need one, so I'd suppose not.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

kylef wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Star Wing! That brings back memories..
Nothing like shooting down some flying trianges with your uber leet flying triangle ship

Hard to believe I used to love playing games on something that only had a 2.63Mhz CPU (yes Mhz).

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/splash_ch/normalesStarWing2.jpg

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2008-08-23 10:01:18)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6652

Thread Officially De-Railed.

Last edited by Gooners (2008-08-23 10:34:09)

.Sup
be nice

alexbay13 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

My 7600GT doesn't need one, so I'd suppose not.
Mine isn't either thats why I believe its something to do with powering the card. Faulty cables or the connection between power cable and the card itself isn't firm.

Last edited by .Sup (2008-08-23 10:36:28)

Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6689|The Netherlands
My old 8800 GS once showed a lot of purple dots on POST and in the BIOS some letters where colourd wrong.
Turned out to be a broken memory chip (VRAM chip)

Maybe that is your problem aswell
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6513|N. Ireland
That is bringing back scarily old memories. Star Wing was such a cool game.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6639|Mhz

kylef wrote:

That is bringing back scarily old memories. Star Wing was such a cool game.
lol I know, I was about 9 or 10 when I played that for the first time, I'm 24 now and can remember it like it was yesterday 0_o.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard