MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6595

TheAussieReaper wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Generic and monotonous are not adjectives that correctly describe what Metallica is.  They were one of the original founders of this "generic-monotonous boring metal" along with Megadeth and Anthrax.
Hey, Megadeth actually are good to listen too.

Sure, they don't come close to Iron Maiden, for example, but they are light years in front of some of the other shit that's labeled as Metal.
I know this, I didn't mean to say that Megadeth and Anthrax are "generic-monotonous boring metal," I simply was trying to be sarcastic towards Uzique.  I love metal, Metallica got me into it way back when I was just 12.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

TheAussieReaper wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Generic and monotonous are not adjectives that correctly describe what Metallica is.  They were one of the original founders of this "generic-monotonous boring metal" along with Megadeth and Anthrax.

Sure, they don't come close to Iron Maiden, for example, but they are light years in front of some of the other shit that's labeled as Metal.
Lol?

Iron maiden is nothing compared to Metallica. Metallica is pretty much the definition of Heavy Metal (Referring to the albums before 1992 here)

I don't even listen to Metallica anymore but it is still one of the most epic metal bands ever and definitely one of the bands that have introduced most people to Metal music.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

DeathUnlimited wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Lol?

Iron maiden is nothing compared to Metallica. Metallica is pretty much the definition of Heavy Metal (Referring to the albums before 1992 here)

I don't even listen to Metallica anymore but it is still one of the most epic metal bands ever and definitely one of the bands that have introduced most people to Metal music.
wtf are you talking about?

I said Megadeth don't come close to Iron Maiden. Labeling that music "generic-monotonous boring metal" I found to be a stupid comment.

I didn't say anything about Metallica.

And what do you care if you don't listen to them any more anyway?

And if you think Iron Maiden is nothing compared to Metallica, who you don't listen to any more anyway, your opinion is clearly an un educated one.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Heard it this morning on the radio driving to work. It was boring. Couldn't get any kicks of it at any point. If the rest of the album is like that, I'm going to ignore it.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649
What the hell...where's the deep voice and bass?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649

Poseidon wrote:

Now that I have it in high quality (<3 Cryan), it sounds fucking awesome.

10x better than St. Anger. -gag-
Can you send me it?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

TheAussieReaper wrote:

wtf are you talking about?

I said Megadeth don't come close to Iron Maiden. Labeling that music "generic-monotonous boring metal" I found to be a stupid comment.

I didn't say anything about Metallica.
I misunderstood

TheAussieReaper wrote:

And what do you care if you don't listen to them any more anyway?

And if you think Iron Maiden is nothing compared to Metallica, who you don't listen to any more anyway, your opinion is clearly an un educated one.
I have listened to Metallica since I was 12 years old, it changes nothing in my opinios that I do not listen to it anymore. And Iron Maiden is not nearly as popular as Metallica, thus their fame is nothing compared to the hype Metallica has created over the 20+ years they have played.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

Oh, they're releasing B-Sides from Load. Well I'll be damned!

What I personally think, after a first listen at the office with the WMP-quality and shitty speakers:

The verse riff with the clean+chorus sounds not only boring, but as if it was played by a 13 year old who just bought his first Squire Strat and tries to play that song with the original playing in the background. Then posting that shit on Youtube.

Chorus = meh. The band could do better, Hetfield has more song writing skills than that. Generic.

The bridge + speed part sound like the guys were brainstorming and thought "Hay, One was a bad ass track. Why don't we make the exact same thing, but this time, we'll put some bass guitar in it aswell?". So they did.

Has the pressure by the fanbase to make an album more "old Metallica" lead to the band making a steaming pile of Master of Puppets through ReLoad - revisited? Blah.

I'm looking forward to the release of the album, though. But I'll let Ulrich roll prematurely in his grave by downloading it first.

This song, after a first listen on the shitty quality, sounds like a decoy. And I sure hope it is one.

@Morbid: Anthrax fucking rocks. Sound of White Noise is awesome.
I need around tree fiddy.
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

You guys are so serious about what you like and don't like lol
I like the song a lot, and I'll buy the album, I think it sounds really good.
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6692|Brunei Darussalam

I like it, it's the way Metallica used to sound.
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5754

DonFck wrote:

Oh, they're releasing B-Sides from Load. Well I'll be damned!

What I personally think, after a first listen at the office with the WMP-quality and shitty speakers:

The verse riff with the clean+chorus sounds not only boring, but as if it was played by a 13 year old who just bought his first Squire Strat and tries to play that song with the original playing in the background. Then posting that shit on Youtube.

Chorus = meh. The band could do better, Hetfield has more song writing skills than that. Generic.

The bridge + speed part sound like the guys were brainstorming and thought "Hay, One was a bad ass track. Why don't we make the exact same thing, but this time, we'll put some bass guitar in it aswell?". So they did.

Has the pressure by the fanbase to make an album more "old Metallica" lead to the band making a steaming pile of Master of Puppets through ReLoad - revisited? Blah.

I'm looking forward to the release of the album, though. But I'll let Ulrich roll prematurely in his grave by downloading it first.

This song, after a first listen on the shitty quality, sounds like a decoy. And I sure hope it is one.

@Morbid: Anthrax fucking rocks. Sound of White Noise is awesome.
Fistful of Metal was a piece of shit album, just throwing that out.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6477| Texas
Anybody been listening to the all Metallica channel on XM?

they've played a couple of the new songs along with all the old stuff
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
This sounds closer to the the Metallica I enjoyed before their last album.  First part was ok, last part much better.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
I was with old metallica, this new metallica can eat a nice pork ash tray sandwinch. They sound like shit trying too regain it's fart. Sorry to be so negative in the post but these guys pissed me off like a friend turned enemy. I frankly hope the new stuff falls flat like all the crap after black.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard