Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Irish = Campoe and Braddock?

not really a big sample group.

I'm half Irish, include me in your next study
My comment wasn't about " half Irish " people.  If I wanted a sample group on people that were " half not Irish " I would have been sure to include you.

btw, I am > 90% water but I don't claim to be a lake.
I would argue that you are only 10% water and 90% bullshit.
I would argue that Ireland is 10% whiskey and 90% bullshit.

You complaining about people not using logic is like Rosy O'Donnel complaining about Fat Lesbians with Irish names.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland
You'r Irish...deep deep down inside your genetic make up, I can smell it! -Braddock

I am American, I have had ancestors who weren't American but this is not my fault and I try not to hold it against them.

As for my genetic make up, I fear I have much from your English rulers and none from your defeated nationality.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
Shouldn't you be saving Georgia or something? Your news media seems to think the cold war has restarted. USA Today's reportage has been hilarious.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

Shouldn't you be saving Georgia or something? Your news media seems to think the cold war has restarted. USA Today's reportage has been hilarious.
Georgia isn't my problem, I want the US troops out of Europe.  I don't care what fucking language you guys talk over there, might as well be Russian.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Lotta_Drool wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Georgia isn't my problem, I want the US troops out of Europe.  I don't care what fucking language you guys talk over there, might as well be Russian.
Why would you care what anyone non-American speaks??
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You got me, did I say I cared?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Lotta_Drool wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Well you felt compelled to mention that you didn't... which betrays some kind of sentiment, one way or the other...
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Well you felt compelled to mention that you didn't... which betrays some kind of sentiment, one way or the other...
It betrayed the insignificance I feel as to what country rules the sheep over there.  It is merely a change in language as far as I care.

Europe needs to deal with Russia or be ruled by Russia, don't want to see one dead American over this stupid shit. The US needs to sit back and critique Europe for awhile.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Lotta_Drool wrote:

It betrayed the insignificance I feel as to what country rules the sheep over there.  It is merely a change in language as far as I care.
Sheep? Agriculture is a very insignificant part of our economy nowadays. It's mainly hi-tech IT, electronics, pharmaceuticals and medical devices
these days.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Europe needs to deal with Russia or be ruled by Russia, don't want to see one dead American over this stupid shit. The US needs to sit back and critique Europe for awhile.
I don't want to see a dead American soldier over this bullshit either. Georgia instigated this stupidity and we need Russian gas/oil until we've found some viable alternatives. Russia are no threat to the EU anyway.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6735|Salt Lake City

Religion is the greatest brainwashing control tool ever developed by the human species.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

My comment wasn't about " half Irish " people.  If I wanted a sample group on people that were " half not Irish " I would have been sure to include you.

btw, I am > 90% water but I don't claim to be a lake.
I would argue that you are only 10% water and 90% bullshit.
I would argue that Ireland is 10% whiskey and 90% bullshit.

You complaining about people not using logic is like Rosy O'Donnel complaining about Fat Lesbians with Irish names.
Make that 100% bullshit.

Congratulations on the best derailment since Potter's bar in 2002 by the way.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Of course now you're implying that the nature of God is like the nature of earthly things such as these.

FEOS wrote:

He is a deity.
And so are you
Not really sure what you're getting at, Mek.

Are you saying that because I used a common pronoun instead of the name "God" that I'm somehow doing the same thing?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6361|Vancouver

IRONCHEF wrote:

Ok smart guy, you win.  Me and the vast majority of the WORLD POPULATION are all sickened with frenzied minds and the vast majority of that population have not had things happen to them, even on a daily basis that more than proves an existence of a supreme being.  I alone have had more evidence of his existence and intimate interaction that far outweigh the proof required to learn things that I see, hear, touch, and smell.  The problem with arrogant people who lack the balls to even "try" to believe in something greater than themselves is that they need it to be complex, difficult for the unlearned people to understand, and it has to have high worldly acclaim because you're too cowardly to go in on something without the masses behind you.  Just as current "theories" are popular now, they'll soon give way to even more impressive and complex theories that made the older ones look foolish.  That very concept shows despicable arrogance as you quickly discard what you "thought you knew" for what is now all the rage and boast of your wisdom and learning.  This concept has spanned the millenia as has religion..which hasn't changed it's basic precepts. 

And yes, one day you will know truths and hopefully you'll have learned them willingly.

As for me, I do know clearly and without distorted judgment that there is a God who literally created our spirits, this world, and many other worlds.  He exists just as you and I do.  And yes, he actually does love us, his children, regardless of our beliefs and decisions.  Sorry you can't fathom that basic truth nor the enormity of what that means.
I do not claim that "the world population are all sickened with frenzied minds". People need to believe in something that aids their understanding, and religion fills that void. I find it foolish, but nevertheless, there it is. I believe them mistaken, but who knows? Obviously, this majority has had things occur to them, but it may not be of a supernatural source. Every time you conclude that the existence of your god is proven, you look as the more foolish. I respect many religious people, who believe, but to make such claims that proof exists is simply wrong.

Naturally, I expected what followed your opening lines. Insults. That I am "arrogant", that I "lack the balls", and "cowardly". Obviously, because I do not believe what you do, I must be doing something wrong, that my personality flaws prevent me from being normal, or whatever. In any situation, you present nothing more than insults, and I could easily call you names and pretend that it is proof that those who do not believe as I do are wrong. By the way, these flaws of mine that you claim I have? I can't claim credit; I would be taking away from what your god has done! He is responsible for how I am, under your doctrine.

Yes, scientific theories always adapt to new evidence and new ideas. That is the point. As we learn more, we can come to new conclusions. It is a sound and logical way of living and learning. Science takes what we know, and creates conclusions. Religion takes a conclusion, and attempts to find facts to make that conclusion. Illogical.

And yes, one day you will know truths and hopefully you'll have learned them willingly. See? I can continue to just repeat EVERYTHING you say, since nothing you say has a shred of proof, only your opinion. I considered repeating your entire treatise here, since it can be easily adapted to my viewpoint, but I felt that too amateur. Sorry you can't fathom that basic truth nor the enormity of what that means.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Of course now you're implying that the nature of God is like the nature of earthly things such as these.

FEOS wrote:

He is a deity.
And so are you

Are you saying that because I used a common pronoun instead of the name "God" that I'm somehow doing the same thing?
You're thinking of God as a He. It's not a common pronoun, it's a common Christian pronoun which insists that God is an old man in the clouds. So yes, you are doing the same thing.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

And so are you

You're thinking of God as a He. It's not a common pronoun, it's a common Christian pronoun which insists that God is an old man in the clouds. So yes, you are doing the same thing.
Actually, it's a common default pronoun when referring to someone generically, tracing back to the patriarchal nature of most cultures.

So no...I'm not.

And, FYI, Allah is referred to in the masculine.

As is Yaweh.

As is Buddha.

As are most supreme deities through time. So it's not just "a common Christian pronoun", now is it?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Actually, it's a common default pronoun when referring to someone generically, tracing back to the patriarchal nature of most cultures.

So no...I'm not.

As is Yaweh.

As is Buddha.

As are most supreme deities through time. So it's not just "a common Christian pronoun", now is it?
One could take that as a further indication of religion's man-made nature.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

So no...I'm not.

As is Yaweh.

As is Buddha.

I never said religion wasn't man-made. It certainly is. That doesn't mean that God is, however.
― Albert Einstein

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

So no...I'm not.

As is Yaweh.

As is Buddha.

I never said religion wasn't man-made. It certainly is. That doesn't mean that God is, however.
I think God is merely man's crude attempt to rationalise and make sense of the wondrous thing that is mother nature...and beyond that our universe. The human mind is known for its tendency to make sense of things, even when there is no sense or order actually present and religion is an example of this in my opinion.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I think God is merely man's crude attempt to rationalise and make sense of the wondrous thing that is mother nature...and beyond that our universe. The human mind is known for its tendency to make sense of things, even when there is no sense or order actually present and religion is an example of this in my opinion.
Even though I follow a religion (albeit very thoroughly), I'm pretty much in agreement here...might seem contradicting, but I'm at a moment in my life where I have to figure out what I believe in.

Heaven is Man's creation because Man is afraid of death. Once man is past the fact that death is inevitable and accepts his fate - that man is free.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

Poseidon wrote:

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Even though I follow a religion (albeit very thoroughly), I'm pretty much in agreement here...might seem contradicting, but I'm at a moment in my life where I have to figure out what I believe in.

Heaven is Man's creation because Man is afraid of death. Once man is past the fact that death is inevitable and accepts his fate - that man is free.
You see for me "God" doesn't have to be a mystical being in a "heaven", all that nonsense is in my opinion man-made fantasy that has been built up, layer upon layer, over thousands of years in many different ways by many different cultures. The universe is a magnificent and awe inspiring spectacle in and of itself and I don't need to attribute it to some unseen being to appreciate it. For me the universe itself is "God" and we are all part of it, entwined in an amazing living relationship with everything around us. In this sense my personal philosophy is somewhat similar to Buddhism I suppose.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Braddock wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Braddock wrote:

You see for me "God" doesn't have to be a mystical being in a "heaven", all that nonsense is in my opinion man-made fantasy that has been built up, layer upon layer, over thousands of years in many different ways by many different cultures. The universe is a magnificent and awe inspiring spectacle in and of itself and I don't need to attribute it to some unseen being to appreciate it. For me the universe itself is "God" and we are all part of it, entwined in an amazing living relationship with everything around us. In this sense my personal philosophy is somewhat similar to Buddhism I suppose.
That's a very interesting look at things, and very understandable.

My whole view (and one of the main reasons I believe in God) is exactly that, though - I believe the universe is simply too perfect for it to atleast had help from an outside being. Whether it's God or some other higher deity/being, that's unknown. However, being brought up being taught that God is the one and only higher being, I suppose that's what leads me to think it's God who's the one who did it.

Fuck it, I'll make my own religion.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6742|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
i'm heading to hear a talk from Zen master from West Belfast on Saturday  Ryushin Zendo is one of the worlds formost Buddhist teachers apparently, looking forward to it..
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

Poseidon wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

That's a very interesting look at things, and very understandable.

My whole view (and one of the main reasons I believe in God) is exactly that, though - I believe the universe is simply too perfect for it to atleast had help from an outside being. Whether it's God or some other higher deity/being, that's unknown. However, being brought up being taught that God is the one and only higher being, I suppose that's what leads me to think it's God who's the one who did it.

Fuck it, I'll make my own religion.
I can understand your point of view and it's a very common one but like I say I think it's just symptomatic of the way the human mind works that we always seek meaning, even when there is none. My personal attitude is that I deal with what is available to me and measurable in a critical sense and until actual hard proof presents itself of a higher being then everything else is just circumstantial evidence and hence only conjecture.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I agree to an extent. I think religion is man's crude attempt to rationalize things that he can't control or explain. I make a distinct difference between an existence of a supreme being (God) and religion.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
The existence of God is unlikely to be proven.

'Conspiracy theories' are proven right now and then, and often they are just labelled that.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard