Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6285
Disappointing.
kptk92
u
+972|6420|tc_london
Question regarding the Rasputin achievement:
Bludgeoned? Does that just mean getting hit by someone's melee?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
Yes.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6689|respawn screen

Mutantsteak wrote:

Im pissed, you cant kill heavies as it is with scout and now their just saying, if you're scout and you see a heavy, you are dead. when scout unlocks come there better be a one shot thing that kills heavies
Add the word "fuck" a few times and you sound like david.p. Unlocks don't change the class, they just give the player more options. The default minigun will still be the better choice in most situations.
kptk92
u
+972|6420|tc_london
LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE GUYS

You have another 8 classes in the game to go out there and wtfprwn them Heavies
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5977|London, England

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Im pissed, you cant kill heavies as it is with scout and now their just saying, if you're scout and you see a heavy, you are dead. when scout unlocks come there better be a one shot thing that kills heavies
Add the word "fuck" a few times and you sound like david.p. Unlocks don't change the class, they just give the player more options. The default minigun will still be the better choice in most situations.
Fuck, David P would support me, Scout is fucked. The game wasn't meant to completely give a certain class no chance against another, and thats what they are doing
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5847|Australia

Mutantsteak wrote:

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Fuck, David P would support me, Scout is fucked. The game wasn't meant to completely give a certain class no chance against another, and thats what they are doing
While i do agree with you completly that this is an absolute joke, wait till they announce how much % it will take down the scouts speed by. Right now, scout has the advantage to get on top of the heavies head, without jumping off anything, jump on their head and 2 shot them with the scattergun for a quick and satisfying kill. See, the KGB's would be a godsend for scouts in the form of a bat, but it hits 75% slower.
Or...each successful hit with the bat unlock increases speed by 50% for 2 seconds methinks, and it stacks.

Right now the scout has a major disadvantage over other classes as it cannot be tanked. All other classes can be tanked, unless they don't really need it like spy and engy. Scout CAN be tanked, but medics can't keep up with it, and its speed is actually no benefit due to heavies being able to STAND there and shoot, demos use stickies in advance of the scout running (and the splash damage kills the scout), soldiers just have to shoot and they KNOW splash damage will kill them.

Contrary to popular belief the scout IS at a major disadvantage, its just people don't say it because they aren't the ones who play scout.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Stimey
­
+786|6132|Ontario | Canada

Acreta wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

While i do agree with you completly that this is an absolute joke, wait till they announce how much % it will take down the scouts speed by. Right now, scout has the advantage to get on top of the heavies head, without jumping off anything, jump on their head and 2 shot them with the scattergun for a quick and satisfying kill. See, the KGB's would be a godsend for scouts in the form of a bat, but it hits 75% slower.
Or...each successful hit with the bat unlock increases speed by 50% for 2 seconds methinks, and it stacks.

Right now the scout has a major disadvantage over other classes as it cannot be tanked. All other classes can be tanked, unless they don't really need it like spy and engy. Scout CAN be tanked, but medics can't keep up with it, and its speed is actually no benefit due to heavies being able to STAND there and shoot, demos use stickies in advance of the scout running (and the splash damage kills the scout), soldiers just have to shoot and they KNOW splash damage will kill them.

Contrary to popular belief the scout IS at a major disadvantage, its just people don't say it because they aren't the ones who play scout.
Scout is already fucked on dustbowl, only good on stage 2, which has the courtyard outside the second cap.
When the Pyro achievements came out you'd go out into the open and all the pyros would want to set you on fire for weenie roast.
Scouts are royally fucked, they need the next achievement pack tbh.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5977|London, England

I love scout, its my favorite class which is why I primarily play 2fort so I have a much better chance of surviving, I always avoid heavies like the plague (Have you ever tried to jump on the heavy head? Its hard) and with the heavy achievements heavy will be played so much now I might need to rethink my classes from now on
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
mikkel
+383|6613

Acreta wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

What, you're saying that scouts occasionally need to be tanked? You're doing something very wrong then, and you should probably consider playing a different class.

You're also denouncing speed as a benefit because of heavies? Does that mean that cloaking is useless because of pyros, or that heavies are useless because of snipers?

As far as demomen and grenades go; you have a DOUBLE JUMP. If you're a good scout, you can avoid most grenades and most rockets, but if you're slow and predictable, you'll catch them all. Sounds like you expect a "balanced" scout to be one who can run fast as hell, tank damage, be invulnerable to explosives, and have some magical anti-heavy force field around it. May I suggest that you go play soldier, and if that doesn't work out, a different game entirely?
dtacs
+126|5847|Australia

mikkel wrote:

What, you're saying that scouts occasionally need to be tanked? You're doing something very wrong then, and you should probably consider playing a different class.
You just asked a question and then answered it incorrectly, in the same sentence. Good one.

mikkelYou're also denouncing speed as a benefit because of heavies? Does that mean that cloaking is useless because of pyros, or that heavies are useless because of snipers?[/quote wrote:

Once again, out of context. Have you read natasha? each hit REDUCES SPEED, therefore, whats a scout to do? sit there and have a firefight with the heavy? The only benefit a scout had against the heavy was speed, and now look, a hit, a single fucking hit will reduce speed. I assume its about 25% less which is pretty significant.

As far as demomen and grenades go; you have a DOUBLE JUMP. If you're a good scout, you can avoid most grenades and most rockets, but if you're slow and predictable, you'll catch them all. Sounds like you expect a "balanced" scout to be one who can run fast as hell, tank damage, be invulnerable to explosives, and have some magical anti-heavy force field around it. May I suggest that you go play soldier, and if that doesn't work out, a different game entirely?
Jesus fucking christ this is when i get angry, when people assume im thinking exactly what they think i am.

mikkel wrote:

As far as demomen and grenades go; you have a DOUBLE JUMP. If you're a good scout, you can avoid most grenades and most rockets, but if you're slow and predictable, you'll catch them all?
If im putting my argument forward you should naturally assume i play scout and know how to play it.

mikkel wrote:

Sounds like you expect a "balanced" scout to be one who can run fast as hell, tank damage, be invulnerable to explosives, and have some magical anti-heavy force field around it.
I expect a balanced scout to be able to run faster than the other classes by a moderate percentage, and be able to have a defense against weapons which SLOW THE SCOUT DOWN. Do you not agree that the main feature of the scout is run speed? if that is taken away what do you have? A bat which hits fast, but with low damage, good for running fast, but OOPS thats been taken away when hit. A pistol which does little damage, but good for finishing people off by running around them if your scattergun is out of ammo. OOPS, looks like ill have to move SLOWER and hit them while i take the fire. The scattergun, self-explanatory without speed.

What im asking for is if the heavy gets an unlock that takes away scouts speed...then the scout should get an unlock that takes away the heavies main feature, [____]. Fill in the blank with w/e.

PS, i have nothing against heavies themselves. Just natasha.

Quote Argument Dissection System is a copyright of Fenris_Greyclaw International. Used with permission. All Rights Reserved.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
mikkel
+383|6613

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

You just asked a question and then answered it incorrectly, in the same sentence. Good one.
Ouch, don't get your panties in a twist!

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

You're also denouncing speed as a benefit because of heavies? Does that mean that cloaking is useless because of pyros, or that heavies are useless because of snipers?
Once again, out of context. Have you read natasha? each hit REDUCES SPEED, therefore, whats a scout to do? sit there and have a firefight with the heavy? The only benefit a scout had against the heavy was speed, and now look, a hit, a single fucking hit will reduce speed. I assume its about 25% less which is pretty significant.
Pro tip here, Acreta; don't take on a heavy from a distance as a scout. Especially not when he's looking your way. That's just not how you're supposed to play the class. This is just like how heavies shouldn't take on snipers from a distance, but that certainly doesn't make the heavy useless, does it now?

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Jesus fucking christ this is when i get angry, when people assume im thinking exactly what they think i am.
People do usually tend to think what they think others are thinking. =p I'm not making any assumptions. I'm simply pointing out is that this is the conclusion one is likely to make from what you've been saying. That isn't an assumption.

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

As far as demomen and grenades go; you have a DOUBLE JUMP. If you're a good scout, you can avoid most grenades and most rockets, but if you're slow and predictable, you'll catch them all?
If im putting my argument forward you should naturally assume i play scout and know how to play it.
I did, up until you wrote that bit there. =p Putting your argument forth does not make you a good scout, and if this is such a huge issue for you, it really sounds like you aren't playing the scout to its full potential, which isn't really a fault with the class.

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Sounds like you expect a "balanced" scout to be one who can run fast as hell, tank damage, be invulnerable to explosives, and have some magical anti-heavy force field around it.
I expect a balanced scout to be able to run faster than the other classes by a moderate percentage, and be able to have a defense against weapons which SLOW THE SCOUT DOWN. Do you not agree that the main feature of the scout is run speed? if that is taken away what do you have? A bat which hits fast, but with low damage, good for running fast, but OOPS thats been taken away when hit. A pistol which does little damage, but good for finishing people off by running around them if your scattergun is out of ammo. OOPS, looks like ill have to move SLOWER and hit them while i take the fire. The scattergun, self-explanatory without speed.
Hey, Acreta, let's apply that to a different class. How about spy? You expect a balanced spy to be able to cloak, and have a defence against weapons which uncloak you. If that's taken away, what do you have? A handgun that does moderate damage, but not enough to overcome the other classes? A knife that you can't do anything with unless you're behind your enemy? Does that make the spy useless or underpowered?

I think you need to understand that all classes have their natural enemies, and that the scout isn't alone in being very difficult to play when facing certain other classes. The heavy is one out of nine classes, the remaining eight of which it can either dominate or go toe to toe with. The scout isn't invincible, and you really do have to just live with that.

Acreta wrote:

What im asking for is if the heavy gets an unlock that takes away scouts speed...then the scout should get an unlock that takes away the heavies main feature, [____]. Fill in the blank with w/e.

PS, i have nothing against heavies themselves. Just natasha.
Why? The heavy is a natural enemy of the scout - the scout isn't a natural enemy of the heavy. If you're seriously suggesting that any inequality between any two classes in the game should be evened out, then you really are missing the point of TF2.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-08-17 02:29:17)

dtacs
+126|5847|Australia

mikkel wrote:

Wowee! I was about to say something against that, until i realised 3/4 of what your saying isn't an argument, but its just inexperienced trolling!

mikkel wrote:

Pro tip here, Acreta; don't take on a heavy from a distance as a scout. Especially not when he's looking your way. That's just not how you're supposed to play the class. This is just like how heavies shouldn't take on snipers from a distance, but that certainly doesn't make the heavy useless, does it now?
Okay sunshine, you might want to read EXACTLY what i said again, what did i say about taking heavies from a distance? Nothing, once again m8, taking what i said out of context.

Heres a tip for you, mikkel, read Valves tip about scout using the pistol to shoot enemies from a distance!

The tips can be read at the bottom of the screen when joining a server, or when viewing your stats! Its okay, i like to help new players out

mikkel wrote:

People do usually tend to think what they think others are thinking. =p I'm not making any assumptions. I'm simply pointing out is that this is the conclusion one is likely to make from what you've been saying. That isn't an assumption.
Sure, its a conclusion, but you jumped to it, AND it was incorrect.

mikkel wrote:

I did, up until you wrote that bit there. =p Putting your argument forth does not make you a good scout, and if this is such a huge issue for you, it really sounds like you aren't playing the scout to its full potential, which isn't really a fault with the class.
Who said im a good scout? Being good and having a legit argument are 2 different things m8.

Oh but what i said above is clearly an issue to you.

Im not saying there is a fault with the class, im saying there is a fault with a weapon from a certain class that creates an outside fault in coherence with the scout.

Just ask me to simplify that one for you if you want kiddo.

mikkel wrote:

Hey, Acreta, let's apply that to a different class.
See this is why you are thicker than butter, i have no problems with the other classes and their weapons, others like David.P might, but i don't, so don't apply that to another class when it has no argumentative value.

Please, try to read what im saying, it can help you alot.

mikkel wrote:

I think you need to understand that all classes have their natural enemies, and that the scout isn't alone in being very difficult to play when facing certain other classes. The heavy is one out of nine classes, the remaining eight of which it can either dominate or go toe to toe with. The scout isn't invincible, and you really do have to just live with that.
When did i say i wanted it to be invincible?

mikkel wrote:

Why? The heavy is a natural enemy of the scout - the scout isn't a natural enemy of the heavy.
So what do you propose the scout has as unlocks?

Are you saying that natasha is in no way a direct opposition to the scout?

Heavy Achivement #30
Don't Touch Sandvich: Kill 50 scouts using Natascha.

Point in form. Why not another class?
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6689|respawn screen
We don't know exactly how the slow-down will work: How much slower will you get? Do you regain speed and how (x seconds after hit / through Medics/Healthpacks/Dispensers or just at respawn)?

Valve did few mistakes with the updates/unlocks so far. Lets trust them doing it right. If they do it wrong, there's enough time to cry then.
dtacs
+126|5847|Australia

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

We don't know exactly how the slow-down will work: How much slower will you get? Do you regain speed and how (x seconds after hit / through Medics/Healthpacks/Dispensers or just at respawn)?

Valve did few mistakes with the updates/unlocks so far. Lets trust them doing it right. If they do it wrong, there's enough time to cry then.
I concur
mikkel
+383|6613

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Wowee! I was about to say something against that, until i realised 3/4 of what your saying isn't an argument, but its just inexperienced trolling!
Ironically, what I replied to wasn't an argument. =p

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Okay sunshine, you might want to read EXACTLY what i said again, what did i say about taking heavies from a distance? Nothing, once again m8, taking what i said out of context.
Well, you see, taking on a heavy from a distance is where the slowdown will be an issue.

Acreta wrote:

Heres a tip for you, mikkel, read Valves tip about scout using the pistol to shoot enemies from a distance!
If you really think that Valve intended for the scout to take out heavies from a distance, then I think you really do misunderstand something. =p The scout is meant to do damage up close, and the pistol is meant as a last resort, or for plinking low health targets over range, which is something a slowdown won't affect at all.

Acreta wrote:

The tips can be read at the bottom of the screen when joining a server, or when viewing your stats! Its okay, i like to help new players out
And you call me an inexperienced troll. =p

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Sure, its a conclusion, but you jumped to it, AND it was incorrect.
Heh, you're really out there. I'm simply summarising your post, and asking if that is how it's to be interpreted, pointing out that the summary is the only obvious conclusion I can see myself. So far, you haven't answered my question, you've just gotten riled up. =p

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Who said im a good scout? Being good and having a legit argument are 2 different things m8.
So essentially, you're complaining about a class because you aren't able to play it well?

Acreta wrote:

Oh but what i said above is clearly an issue to you.

Im not saying there is a fault with the class, im saying there is a fault with a weapon from a certain class that creates an outside fault in coherence with the scout.

Just ask me to simplify that one for you if you want kiddo.
Heh, the scout isn't the centre of the universe in TF2. We were talking about stickies and rockets in what you replied, and if you're saying that the scout is negatively imbalanced because of rockets and sticky grenades that it can dodge, unlike other classes, then I think you're playing the wrong game. =p

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Hey, Acreta, let's apply that to a different class.
See this is why you are thicker than butter, i have no problems with the other classes and their weapons, others like David.P might, but i don't, so don't apply that to another class when it has no argumentative value.

Please, try to read what im saying, it can help you alot.
Oh, I'm thicker than butter for making a comparison that you don't understand, showing you the similar situations that other classes face without you catching the point? Right, okay. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

When did i say i wanted it to be invincible?
If this is all you have to say to a summary that negates your every argument, then this looks like it might be a really tedious waste of time. =p

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Why? The heavy is a natural enemy of the scout - the scout isn't a natural enemy of the heavy.
So what do you propose the scout has as unlocks?

Are you saying that natasha is in no way a direct opposition to the scout?
Yes, Acreta, by saying that the heavy is a "direct opposition" to the scout, I'm saying that the heavy isn't a "direct opposition" to the scout. Well done!

Acreta wrote:

Heavy Achivement #30

!

Last edited by mikkel (2008-08-17 04:33:53)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6447
"Too many posts! Must read little quotes!"
dtacs
+126|5847|Australia

mikkel wrote:

Ironically, what I replied to wasn't an argument. =p
What was it then without outside opinion?

mikkel wrote:

Well, you see, taking on a heavy from a distance is where the slowdown will be an issue.
But you think that scouts should not be taking on heavies from a distance, no?

mikkel wrote:

If you really think that Valve intended for the scout to take out heavies from a distance, then I think you really do misunderstand something. =p The scout is meant to do damage up close, and the pistol is meant as a last resort, or for plinking low health targets over range, which is something a slowdown won't affect at all.
I don't think valve intended for that to be the case, however i do think that the pistol is to take enemies from a distance, if they are on low health like you said.

But i think valve didn't want the scout to do damage as a first resort anyway considering speed is their main feature for CP capture and flag running.

mikkel wrote:

And you call me an inexperienced troll. =p
Yep, the word troll is Norse and you're Danish.

mikkel wrote:

Heh, you're really out there. I'm simply summarising your post, and asking if that is how it's to be interpreted, pointing out that the summary is the only obvious conclusion I can see myself. So far, you haven't answered my question, you've just gotten riled up. =p
Sorry, i thought you would have had the common sense to realize that no, i don't think scouts should be tanked.

Little do you realize that the obvious conclusion that you came to that i thought scouts to be tanked was wrong, which i pointed out three times now.

mikkel wrote:

So essentially, you're complaining about a class because you aren't able to play it well?
No, essentially im complaining that this heavy unlock is a blatant attack at scouts main feature, speed.

In essence i believe that scout should not have an unlock that reduces [an]other class(es) main feature.

mikkel wrote:

Heh, the scout isn't the centre of the universe in TF2.
Did i say it was? No. Do i believe it is? No.

mikkel wrote:

We were talking about stickies and rockets in what you replied, and if you're saying that the scout is negatively imbalanced because of rockets and sticky grenades that it can dodge
Do you know what splash damage is and how great in size it is?

By the time you've dodged a plethora of stickies, the demoman can just pull out the grenade launcher and doesn't have to aim due to massive player clipping, its almost as bad as pre-beta Day of Defeat.

mikkel wrote:

Oh, I'm thicker than butter for making a comparison that you don't understand,
I understood it, but its like saying Wholemeal and Plain breads, and Soy Milk and Regular Milk, they cannot be used in juxtaposition with eachother.

mikkel wrote:

showing you the similar situations that other classes face without you catching the point? Right, okay. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Sure other classes have problems, but my beef isn't with them, its with Natasha and its speed-reducing capabilities.

mikkel wrote:

I
If this is all you have to say to a summary that negates your every argument, then this looks like it might be a really tedious waste of time. =p
Alrighty then, may as well sum up what i believe so we can do this all over again. I can go on like this till hell freezes over.
1. I believe that this new heavy unlock is a direct attack and imbalance at the scout class. (see: Don't Touch Sandvich Achivement)
2. I believe that the main feature of the scout class is that is faster than any else.
3. Compared to TFC, the scout is much slower in many respects, up to 200%.

mikkel wrote:

Yes, Acreta, by saying that the heavy is a "direct opposition" to the scout, I'm saying that the heavy isn't a "direct opposition" to the scout. Well done!
If you look closely, i said Natasha.

Acreta wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Heavy Achivement #30

!
Ill rephrase that for you,

Thats my point in form, why wasn't another class chosen? Becuase it IS a direct attack at the scout, a completly biased and unbalanced weapon which will be whored on flag runners to kingdom-come.

Last edited by Acreta (2008-08-17 07:02:11)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York
TF2 argument = lol

god damn can we wait until the fucking update comes out, THEN you both can begin bitching like little girls about the scout/pyro/heavy/VIP/whoever the fuck you were complaining about like david.p
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480

Poseidon wrote:

TF2 argument = lol

god damn can we wait until the fucking update comes out, THEN you both can begin bitching like little girls about the scout/pyro/heavy/VIP/whoever the fuck you were complaining about like david.p
Agreed, we don't know how this will effect the Scout, or any other TF2 class for that matter.
David.P
Banned
+649|6286

Poseidon wrote:

TF2 argument = lol

Hey don't drag me into this. I quit this shitty game long ago. If you wanna make a a point then do so, but don't use me as an example.
kptk92
u
+972|6420|tc_london

David.P wrote:

Hey don't drag me into this. I quit this shitty game long ago. If you wanna make a a point then do so, but don't use me as an example.
Thank fuck
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

TF2 argument = lol

Agreed, we don't know how this will effect the Scout, or any other TF2 class for that matter.
Exactly. Nobody does. It's all speculation.

David.P wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

TF2 argument = lol

You did?

PARTY!

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-08-17 21:49:06)

kptk92
u
+972|6420|tc_london
Y'know, I miss David.P's threads containing his bitching and whining...

Come and play the game again so we can laugh at how stupid you are
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6483
Hahaha.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard