Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/polit … _vote.html

Because drilling won’t help solve our problems immediately. Or maybe it’s because the GOP hasn’t used the right parliamentary procedure to bring the issue to the floor. Or is it because drilling proposals have to be part of a comprehensive energy package? Ah well. Via Freedom’s Watch, enjoy as Pelosi comes perilously close to turning Stephanopoulos into an unwitting partner in a “Who’s on First?” routine.

George Stephanopoulos asks Nancy Pelosi 10 times why she won't allow an up-or-down vote on drilling.

They've got to be "creative" in order to get a vote?.. wtf?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

I am right, they are wrong.  I am so right I wont allow them to vote and prove me wrong.

thats what I heard tbh.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

I am right, they are wrong.  I am so right I wont allow them to vote and prove me wrong.

thats what I heard tbh.
More than that.. I heard, "We Dems don't want Americans to hear the debate because they are too stupid to understand".

Actually it's not even that.. some Dems have even called for a vote. Pelosi is just playing the role of dictator.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SealXo
+309|6538
Speculation will immediatly drop the prices drastically, speculation futures are 30-40% of crude cost.

Pelosi is the dictator of the house atm. Last time i checked this was a democracy where congressmen represent the people and vote on what the people want, which is a high majority that want offshore drilling. I guess not.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-04 19:54:54)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6719
She is so pathetic... they call her the Speaker of the house of wax...lol...   
  She knows what's best for everyone... no need to put it to a bi partisan vote...  14 percent approval rating...clap...clap...
Love is the answer
SealXo
+309|6538

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

She is so pathetic... they call her the Speaker of the house of wax...lol...   
  She knows what's best for everyone... no need to put it to a bi partisan vote...  14 percent approval rating...clap...clap...
No wonder a 26 year old is going to run for congress, shit, hed do a better job then these old dustbags.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6448|The Land of Scott Walker
The Dems don't want prices to go down and they don't want to be held accountable later for voting against drilling.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6687
They won't allow it until after the election...see if a dem is elected and they bring it to vote...and if it passes and there is some (albeit it won't be much) relief at the pump....they'll claim victory for it all the while counting on the majority of this country's ADD and lack of attention span in realizing that the reps tried also.

Politics...the profession of playing with others' lives.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6665|USA
Political Theatre. 

Pelosi wants them to openly say "We want to drill so us and our buddies can get richer please." Instead of attempting to dupe the bill as a a quick fix to all the woes of gas prices in America that they created in the first place.

Wonderful game being played.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2008-08-04 20:21:07)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Political Theatre. 

Pelosi wants them to openly say "We want to drill so us and our buddies can get richer please." Instead of attempting to dupe the bill as a a quick fix to all the woes of gas prices in America that they created in the first place.

erm...so do you agree with her saying no vote?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6532|Global Command
Nancy Pelosi needs to have the eyes hooked out of her skull with a spork.

I can't even begin to describe what a public menace California politicians are.

The California budget crisis is a contrived manufactured ripoff by the democrats, who have been firmly leading California into a third world cesspool.

They have 40% more tax revenues than just two years ago, yet there is a fifteen billion dollar shortfall that will be dealt with by a array of increased fees and property taxes. They spend relentlessly and hire as many new state workers as they can, until the state is broke and as long as these people are in power, such will be California's fate.

You want to see what America will look like after Obama? Look no farther than the state from which she hails. Look at San Fransisco's criminal sanctuary city policy and practices of dumping illegal aliens meth dealers in Southern California. California tests the limits of liberalism. Look at the results.

Obstruction.
Our politics have devolved into one of the two parties holding " commanding positions " and the other objecting everything they do. It's transparently dishonest because her objection goes so far that she will not even allow a serious debate or vote on an issue that could effect all of our lives positively tomorrow. All they have to do is agree to drill and/or release some reserves and almost instantaneously, the price per barrel of oil will come down.

Remember, liberals are the party of personal freedom, as you can plainly see from her actions on this issue. They are the green party. Their ideas on politics are as useful as  belief in a flat Earth.

She demeaned the office the day she took it. When I speak of fantasies of riding about the state capital on a horse with a politicians head on a pike, she is the type I'm talking about.

This is from Lettermen, and while it's meant to be funny it is really demonstrative on her standards and contributions. Any little petty fucking distraction.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6687

ATG wrote:

This is from Lettermen, and while it's meant to be funny it is really demonstrative on her standards and contributions. Any little petty fucking distraction.
Damn that was funny.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6665|USA

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Political Theatre. 

It doesn't really matter. Ill say give them their vote so they can get richer. +1 for special interest supremacy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

It doesn't really matter. Ill say give them their vote so they can get richer. +1 for special interest supremacy.
so thats a yes.  gj.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6448|The Land of Scott Walker

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Political Theatre. 

As if elected Democrats own no stock in oil companies.   If you have a 401k, you own stock in them, too.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6665|USA

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

so thats a yes.  gj.
Really give them their vote. It won't affect me either way. We have so many cluster fucks going on in this country this really is minimal. They may have wanted to grab this bull by the horns at any point during the first 4 bush years though. May have been easier.
SealXo
+309|6538

ATG wrote:

Nancy Pelosi needs to have the eyes hooked out of her skull with a spork.

I can't even begin to describe what a public menace California politicians are.

The California budget crisis is a contrived manufactured ripoff by the democrats, who have been firmly leading California into a third world cesspool.

They have 40% more tax revenues than just two years ago, yet there is a fifteen billion dollar shortfall that will be dealt with by a array of increased fees and property taxes. They spend relentlessly and hire as many new state workers as they can, until the state is broke and as long as these people are in power, such will be California's fate.

You want to see what America will look like after Obama? Look no farther than the state from which she hails. Look at San Fransisco's criminal sanctuary city policy and practices of dumping illegal aliens meth dealers in Southern California. California tests the limits of liberalism. Look at the results.

Obstruction.
Our politics have devolved into one of the two parties holding " commanding positions " and the other objecting everything they do. It's transparently dishonest because her objection goes so far that she will not even allow a serious debate or vote on an issue that could effect all of our lives positively tomorrow. All they have to do is agree to drill and/or release some reserves and almost instantaneously, the price per barrel of oil will come down.

Remember, liberals are the party of personal freedom, as you can plainly see from her actions on this issue. They are the green party. Their ideas on politics are as useful as  belief in a flat Earth.

She demeaned the office the day she took it. When I speak of fantasies of riding about the state capital on a horse with a politicians head on a pike, she is the type I'm talking about.

Forgot to mention the 6th largest economy in the world, and we dont have enough for bus's, a music program, and had to lay off a bunch of teacher for a adverage class size of 40 at my school.

out of all the places to cut wasteful spending such as to drug addicts and alcoholics welfare, cut it where the future needs it most. GJ Terminator, terminating californias future.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

It's important to see who is voting for what. How can a voter even begin to educate themselves without understanding a politicians true intent? Votes don't lie... anyone can pander and pretend though. We are in desperate need of transparency in Washington. We have enough to try and figure out with lobbyist, soft money, and party loyalty. Voting records should be a given. When you shut down open debate you spit in the face of accountability. A politician should never be able to hide their position and that's exactly what they are doing now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6532|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

It's important to see who is voting for what. How can a voter even begin to educate themselves without understanding a politicians true intent? Votes don't lie... anyone can pander and pretend though. We are in desperate need of transparency in Washington. We have enough to try and figure out with lobbyist, soft money, and party loyalty. Voting records should be a given. When you shut down open debate you spit in the face of accountability. A politician should never be able to hide their position and that's exactly what they are doing now.
Is it time yet?

Or do we wait for the complete economic meltdown.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Is it time yet?

Or do we wait for the complete economic meltdown.
Lets have a vote... (lol)

It's good that this is being exposed though. That is one of the few upticks..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SealXo
+309|6538
Because if they vote no then america wont reelect these democrats in november so there holding off till after
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6762|San Antonio, Texas
This is just a stall tactic, they will probably stall out until October 1st, 2008 when the ban expires and then they can say that they were neither for nor against the ban.

SealXo wrote:

Because if they vote no then america wont reelect these democrats in november so there holding off till after
Thankfully the ban expires before that.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2008-08-04 21:24:18)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6408|North Carolina
Fuck a Congressional vote.  We need a national referendum on this -- just like we need one on withdrawing from Iraq.

Referendums need to be done more often in this country.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Fuck a Congressional vote.  We need a national referendum on this -- just like we need one on withdrawing from Iraq.

The point is we are going the opposite way.. now even our elected reps cant vote.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6832|Grapevine, TX

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The point is we are going the opposite way.. now even our elected reps cant vote.
what's that ? ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard