Xbox0%0% - 1
X3607%7% - 9
Nintendo Wii2%2% - 3
Ps312%12% - 15
Total: 116
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6471|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Im not wanting to be bias because i have a PS3, but goddam! its brilliant, its due to the multiplayer/internet/media/blueray/motion sensors/wireless technology and easy menus and controls.

I've had the PS1, PS2, Xbox360, Snes and Gameboy and the PS3 makes you feel like you have more of a machine than just a games console.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

ELITE-UK wrote:

Im not wanting to be bias because i have a PS3, but goddam! its brilliant, its due to the multiplayer/internet/media/blueray/motion sensors/wireless technology and easy menus and controls.

I've had the PS1, PS2, Xbox360, Snes and Gameboy and the PS3 makes you feel like you have more of a machine than just a games console.
I have a PS3 too, but it will take a long time for it to beat the PS2 in terms of lastability.  I mean the PS2 was released 8 years ago and it still is selling millions of consoles.  And the games line up is incredible.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6746|Mark it zero.
for game quality, i would have to say 64
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

NES or Atari 2600.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-07-30 16:09:08)

CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6586|California U.S.A
My vote on the poll options went to the SNES.

My actual vote goes to the Vectrex tied with the NES

runners up Colecovision and atari2600
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

ColecoVision
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5845|one windy city
xbox 360 halo 3 edition
Knifey
Beast.
+21|6202|California
Dreamcast.

It was ahead of its time if you look at it sega would have pwned but just no DVD player.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

PS2 obviously. Very innovative, very awesome, amazing games, and by golly the thing won't die! It's still selling and still getting games out! Seriously the best console ever. Anyone who says otherwise needs to look at some stats or something...

Also, it kicked off online console gaming (sorry Dreamcast) with SOCOM and loads of games to follow. And the whole functioning as a media device as well thing was also great thanks to the DVD playing capabilities and remote (and you didn't have to buy a stupid expansion thing like with the XBox).

But seriously, 8 years later, into a whole new generation of consoles and it's still fucking selling! (A quick wikipedia check says that it's the best-selling console of all time with 140 million units). I don't know how you can't admit that the PS2 is the best console ever created.

Oh, one more thing. Did I mention I still play my ps2 to this day? Yeah I've got a decent PC, and sure I'm saving up for a PS3 (but once I do get one I'll still go back to my old PS2 games frequently). I still go out and buy PS2 games, whether they're newer ones (well not really), or older games I've always wanted to play. This console is one that won't die.

Of course, you could argue that NES was the best since it led to widespread home gaming as we know it (the Atari wasn't that widespread was it? correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-07-30 22:27:39)

CoconutBlitz

mtb0minime wrote:

Of course, you could argue that NES was the best since it led to widespread home gaming as we know it (the Atari wasn't that widespread was it? correct me if I'm wrong).
Yeah at the start after Pong then Atari 2600 was the thing to have. soon after the second gen including colecovision, vectrexm the atari4800, etc then the third was NES, SEGA, etc.

So yes the 2600 was widespread.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

N64, because the games make the console.

The 64's games weren't epic.

Nay, they were not.

They.

WERE.

LLLLLEEEEEEEEGION!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

Where is the NES? Sega Megadrive?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
N64 for me.

Then Mega Drive/PS1
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

Bernadictus wrote:

Where is the NES? Sega Megadrive?
I prefered to include SNES and Megadrive is Sega Genesis.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

CD-i

Just kidding... probably the NES or N64.

And didn't chuy add the ability to have polls with up to 25 options a while back...?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

As long as we're on the 'where's the [...] option' track, what about the Action Max?

https://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/images/collection/Systems/1987_Worlds_of_Wonder_Action_Max_Front.jpg
weasel_thingo
+74|6323
PS2
Simply because it was pro.

And I don't see what the hell is with all the PS3 has no good games thing (even a year ago), I mean when I was chosing what console to go for neither consoles really had anything I really wanted, and basically all games that have came out in the past two years suck anyway. I just went for the PS3 as I thought it would last longer, quieter and being able to play online for free (I rarely use it online as I have a pc, so I woulnd't pay for it, aslo blu ray.

If I still had my PS2, it would spend more time plugged into my TV than my PS3.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK

weasel_thingo wrote:

PS2

And I don't see what the hell is with all the PS3 has no good games thing (even a year ago), I mean when I was chosing what console to go for neither consoles really had anything I really wanted, and basically all games that have came out in the past two years suck anyway. I just went for the PS3 as I thought it would last longer, quieter and being able to play online for free (I rarely use it online as I have a pc, so I woulnd't pay for it, aslo blu ray.

u need a tv with two sockets i have my ps2 and ps3 plugged in all the time.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

Vilham wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

PS2

Me too, I would not use my PS3 to read DVDs.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
Wintendo 64
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6546|UK

FatherTed wrote:

PS2 - kept me entertained for years.

GTA3 woooo
tbh
weasel_thingo
+74|6323

Vilham wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

PS2

Yeah i know , the one I have in this room right now is terribad.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6543
NES and SNES. Modern consoles are meh compared to how awesome NES was when it was new.

https://img149.imageshack.us/img149/316/excitebikeik6.png
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
CoconutBlitz

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

NES and SNES. Modern consoles are meh compared to how awesome NES was when it was new.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/316/ … ikeik6.png
Yup NES is and will always be the magical system I still get my original out and give it a go:

Castlevaina and metriod and Zelda, Mario Bros. and excitebike, tecmo bowl
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6450|The Twilight Zone
Isn't PSP also a console?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard