Poll

If Muslims were the majority in your country you would...

Stay and live a normal life37%37% - 28
Stay but living with fear/prejudice4%4% - 3
GTFO of my country58%58% - 44
Total: 75
Home
Section.80
+447|6845|Seattle, Washington, USA

One of my best friends is a muslim. Knowing how she acts, I couldn't care less if there was a muslim majority in my community. Crime, drugs, and car wrecks would probably go way the hell down.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

Roc18 wrote:

I didn't say anything mono-cultural monopolar anything or about groups of people not having a right to practice customs. What i'm saying is that people cant live under a rock in a world like the one we live in today and that when people eventually have to deal with other cultures they automatically go into a culture shock and can't deal with having people with different customs living in the same country as them. What you are talking about is when gets to the point where one culture or group becomes like an authoritarian blanket over the other and forces the latter to practice customs that they arent familiar with using violence, thats the problem im talking about where different groups cant live peacefully without feeling hateful or anxious towards each other which causes violence. But what we are talking about is immigration and having a muslim majority in a country who practice their customs and don't infringe on anyone elses rights or customs and people seem to have a problem with that still.
The very nature of the country would change if an immigrant majority was allowed to come to pass. Islamic societal norms are vastly different from say, Irish societal norms. By virtue of democracy the nature of the country would more than likely change dramatically. These problems are already occurring in Fiji where an Indian immigrant population is nearly surpassing that of the indigenous population. Because of human-inherent clannishness each 'tribe' look after their own, thus infuriating the other and straining the politics of the country to near breaking point. What you're asking is for people to act in an unnatural way, i.e., to view themselves and everyone else as 'global citizens': the concept of a 'global citizen' is ludicrous in the context that everyone is an individual and groups of people often want very different things to other groups of people.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-31 08:22:06)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6340|tropical regions of london
I wonder how all the people that answered that they would leave would react if it was a major hispanic majority in the United States.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
I wouldnt gtfo out of my country, i would get them the fuck out of my country.
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

CameronPoe wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I didn't say anything mono-cultural monopolar anything or about groups of people not having a right to practice customs. What i'm saying is that people cant live under a rock in a world like the one we live in today and that when people eventually have to deal with other cultures they automatically go into a culture shock and can't deal with having people with different customs living in the same country as them. What you are talking about is when gets to the point where one culture or group becomes like an authoritarian blanket over the other and forces the latter to practice customs that they arent familiar with using violence, thats the problem im talking about where different groups cant live peacefully without feeling hateful or anxious towards each other which causes violence. But what we are talking about is immigration and having a muslim majority in a country who practice their customs and don't infringe on anyone elses rights or customs and people seem to have a problem with that still.
The very nature of the country would change if an immigrant majority was allowed to come to pass. Islamic societal norms are vastly different from say, Irish societal norms. By virtue of democracy the nature of the country would more than likely change dramatically. These problems are already occurring in Fiji where an Indian immigrant population is nearly surpassing that of the indigenous population. Because of human-inherent clannishness each 'tribe' look after their own, thus infuriating the other and straining the politics of the country to near breaking point. What you're asking is for people to act in an unnatural way, i.e., to view themselves and everyone else as 'global citizens': the concept of a 'global citizen' is ludicrous in the context that everyone is an individual and groups of people often want very different things to other groups of people.
All I have to say is that things change whether people like it or not, including the natures of countries over time. And that isn't un natural in my opinion.

Last edited by Roc18 (2008-07-31 08:47:21)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK

jord wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Get into the burkha and prayer mat business.
I got a leaflet today for Halal Car insurance.

Explain wtf's the difference meth.
Never heard of that tbh.  In Islam the concept of interest is forbidden as it's earning money you.....well haven't essentially earned.  To get around this some banks like hsbc provide sharia mortgages when the cost of the home including all the interest payments is claculated and collated into one large sum.  Then the payments are made based on that large loan.

The same concept could apply to insurance which can be quite a hefty cost.  To make it more manageable insures will help you spread the cost of insurance over a agreed period of time but in doing so will also charge you interest for using this service and not to mention they are utter bastards.  You don't get owt for nowt as they say here in gods county.

Hopefully that would have helped.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-31 08:59:06)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.

m3thod wrote:

jord wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Get into the burkha and prayer mat business.

Never heard of that tbh.  In Islam the concept of interest is forbidden as it's earning money you.....well haven't essentially earned.  To get around this some banks like hsbc provide sharia mortgages when the cost of the home including all the interest payments is claculated and collated into one large sum.  Then the payments are made based on that large loan.

The same concept could apply to insurance which can be quite a hefty cost.  To make it more manageable insures will help you spread the cost of insurance over a agreed period of time but in doing so will also charge you interest for using this service and not to mention they are utter bastards.  You don't get owt for nowt as they say here in gods county.

Yeah, I just assumed he was scamming people.That Salaam up to his old tricks...

www.salaaminsurance.com
m3thod
+2,197|6668|UK

jord wrote:

m3thod wrote:

jord wrote:

www.salaaminsurance.com
It's not scamming.  It's exploiting a niche like any savvy businessman/woman would do.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-31 09:07:44)

jord

m3thod wrote:

jord wrote:

m3thod wrote:

www.salaaminsurance.com
He's not scamming.  He's just exploiting a niche like any savvy businessman/woman would do.
True. He's quite good at it, lays it on nice and thick here:

"So now you can have great value insurance, without compromising the principles of your faith."

I'd assume it makes moderate muslims with normal insurance feel shit about themselves and change.
God Save the Queen
Banned
ali baba
ReTox
+100|6496|State of RETOXification
Stay and Frolic because nothing would change really.

You need to qualify the question though don't you?  Is it Muslims or Extremists?  I know a lot of Muslims and the majority are progressive wonderful people to be around.  Some are conservative but I have never met a Muslim in Canada that wanted me dead simply because I'm not Muslim.  In fact I have never met a Muslim in Canada I didn't get along with.

Now if Extremists were the majority I would be concerned.  That would pretty much be impossible here so why worry or even contemplate it.  Even if a small group were here I wouldn't fuss.  I've lived with the fear of terrorists before and I came to one conclusion.  Terror is not an effective way to bring about change, in fact it usually has the opposite effect.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

God Save the Queen wrote:

I wonder how all the people that answered that they would leave would react if it was a major hispanic majority in the United States.
I would prepare for the onslaught of more quality Mexican food establishments.  Just don't eat the "bathtub" cheese.
imortal
+240|6662|Austin, TX

CameronPoe wrote:

I'd have fetched a gun way in advance of something as ludicrous as that. If my government isn't doing its job then I guess I have to do the job myself.
Why Cam.. how American of you.
imortal
+240|6662|Austin, TX

What "if?!"  There IS a majority hispanic population here in Texas.  Of course, it is hard to be too sure since so many are illegals- ahem, excuse me- "undocumented."
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Stay and live a normal life. But this is assuming they don't force it down my throat and make me appease them or start blowing themselves up.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I would prepare for the onslaught of more quality Mexican food establishments.  Just don't eat the "bathtub" cheese.
I will never pronounce a " J " as an " H " no matter how many Jispanics come to my country.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

imortal wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I'd have fetched a gun way in advance of something as ludicrous as that. If my government isn't doing its job then I guess I have to do the job myself.
https://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf2vPHJJINCMB0jZWBQx./SIG=12jrhnlvd/EXP=1217621583/**http%3A//www.nzedge.com/features/images/Denis/Blog%252012/IRA.jpg

https://www.ulsterflash.iofm.net/sniper.jpeg
God Save the Queen
Banned

imortal wrote:

What "if?!"  There IS a majority hispanic population here in Texas.  Of course, it is hard to be too sure since so many are illegals- ahem, excuse me- "undocumented."
majority
jord

CameronPoe wrote:

imortal wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf2vPHJ … 12/IRA.jpg

http://www.ulsterflash.iofm.net/sniper.jpeg
There is peace in Ireland so that nice little quotes wrong.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

imortal wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf2vPHJ … 12/IRA.jpg

http://www.ulsterflash.iofm.net/sniper.jpeg
Why cam how undemocratic of you.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

We wouldn't have that problem in the US because of the FEMA detention camps (har)
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

imortal wrote:

majority
Illegals come to work, not blow shit up.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Null vote...  This depends on the type of Muslims involved.

If they were mostly Turks and East Asian Muslims, I'd have no problem interacting with them.

If they were mostly Pakistanis and people like Saudi Arabians, I'd probably get the fuck out.

This is all a matter of whether they are more liberal Muslims or more conservative ones.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

i would protest cartoons and expect them to change their culture to cater to me.  burn their flags and such also.
m3thod
+2,197|6668|UK

usmarine wrote:

i would protest cartoons and expect them to change their culture to cater to me.  burn their flags and such also.
dont forget the subscription for the daily mail.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard