Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Why should they not talk about numbers? You guys want them to be "nice"? lol
acting professional always wins.

bragging fails.
Yeah, must explain those sales figures.

sergeriver wrote:

No, of course.  I'm pointing out the difference Sony made.  While MS focused on comparing total sales figures, not current ones, Sony didn't even mentioned Microsoft, like it didn't exist for them.
And in the end, that'll fail for them. Being nice doesn't work. Showing people that they're beating the PS3 in sales only helps them.
Who's beating the PS3?  You need to check the 2008 sales figures.
Dude, OBVIOUSLY they're going to be beating the 360 this year now that most people who are interested in the 360 have one...now all they're trying to do is pull in NEW fans.

Do you not know the way corporations work? I mean I'm no expert, but it's common sense when an item that's sold as much as the 360 already has will eventually decrease.

As will the PS3 sales once more people have them.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6895|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Why should they not talk about numbers? You guys want them to be "nice"? lol
acting professional always wins.

bragging fails.
Yeah, must explain those sales figures.

And in the end, that'll fail for them. Being nice doesn't work. Showing people that they're beating the PS3 in sales only helps them.
Who's beating the PS3?  You need to check the 2008 sales figures.
Dude, OBVIOUSLY they're going to be beating the 360 this year now that most people who are interested in the 360 have one...now all they're trying to do is pull in NEW fans.

Do you not know the way corporations work? I mean I'm no expert, but it's common sense when an item that's sold as much as the 360 already has will eventually decrease.

I expect ps3 sales to be above 360 by the next generation unless microsoft gets their act together and gives free internet and wifi.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6114|Washington DC
Man if the 360 came with free wi-fi (it doesn't even have to be built-in, just provide the wi-fi adapter at no cost) I'd be in nirvana
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6847|The Ville
I'm excited about the rent a movie idea on the "PS3" I'm surprised they didn't show any blueray movies in the press conference they just showed 310 to Yuma and Cloverfield.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6634|Purdue
https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8366/bungiefailmi9.png
Either Bungie is trying to get our hopes down and actually announce it this week (They do that sometimes) or we'll have to wait even longer
Also, who do you think their publisher is?

Also seems kind of odd that they yanked it less than 12 hours before the ticker on their website was supposed to run out.

Last edited by Goven (2008-07-15 20:10:53)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6626|6 6 4 oh, I forget

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

ROFLMAO

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user … 39612.html

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Shoot him in the face right now pls.
Is that Egon from Ghostbusters? On meth?
kptk92
u
+972|6561|tc_london

Vilham wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Yeah I know I was watching it.

Kptk92 out of interest why are you buying a console you don't seem interested in owning? Seems a bit of a /facepalm
What makes you think I am not interested in the console? Urgh gtfo
Because you consider an extra £5 too much, suggesting you don't think it a worthwhile purchase. Im guessing you want the PS3 for maybe 1 game, in which case its a major /facepalm, no game is worth £300

- GTA IV
- Bad Company
- LittleBigPlanet
- Motorstorm 2
- MGS
- Killzone 2
List could go on, but you get my point...

Goven wrote:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8366 … ailmi9.png

Microsoft?

Last edited by kptk92 (2008-07-15 23:42:13)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York

kptk92 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

What makes you think I am not interested in the console? Urgh gtfo
Because you consider an extra £5 too much, suggesting you don't think it a worthwhile purchase. Im guessing you want the PS3 for maybe 1 game, in which case its a major /facepalm, no game is worth £300

- GTA IV
- Bad Company
- LittleBigPlanet
- Motorstorm 2
- MGS
- Killzone 2
List could go on, but you get my point...

Goven wrote:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8366 … ailmi9.png

Microsoft?
They split with Microsoft. I mean it's possible, but I have a feeling it's EA. That's why they were at the EA conference right by the stage.

Huge disappointment tbh.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6545|Southern California
ok, indulge my lazieness/ignorance...

Bungie is the halo guys yes?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

VicktorVauhn wrote:

ok, indulge my lazieness/ignorance...

Bungie is the halo guys yes?
Yeah. But like, literally 6 days after Halo 3 came out, they split with MS. Doesn't mean they can't do projects with them (See: Halo Wars and Halo Chronicles) but now people are speculating EA or someone else.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6423
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is an entirely original entry into the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series, and brings a new level of interactivity to its sprawling open environments. With the use of the DS touch screen, players will navigate their way through the streets...
And there goes most of the interest I have in the game. I don't want to play GTA with the touch screen.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6626|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is an entirely original entry into the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series, and brings a new level of interactivity to its sprawling open environments. With the use of the DS touch screen, players will navigate their way through the streets...
And there goes most of the interest I have in the game. I don't want to play GTA with the touch screen.
Think of what all you can do to the prostitutas with a touchie screen!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

PS2.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

PS2.
The PS2 isn't $300+ dollars.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

PS2.
At the time it was.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

PS2.
At the time it was.
Yes, and it sold rapidly - just as things are now. It also really didn't have much competition - the first Xbox was ok, but on the whole sucked, and the gamecube...well it speaks for itself.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

At the time it was.
Yes, and it sold rapidly - just as things are now. It also really didn't have much competition - the first Xbox was ok, but on the whole sucked, and the gamecube...well it speaks for itself.
Well, while I agree with the almost no competittion, you must admit that the sales figures of PS2 are impressive even now you have those three mosters on sale.  I mean, they still sell millions of PS2 a year even when you can buy a Wii for a few more bucks.  I think Sony thinks their consoles for a much longer period than MS.  Just different approaches to the business.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6601

....Anyway....

I was watching Far Cry 2 on gamespot, it looks rather hawt.

http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html?tag=event_nav;live

And today, they are showing more K2, LPB, Left 4 dead, RE5 and others.

Konami Conf. is today as well. Hopefully they will show Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. I need a football game this year.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-07-16 04:43:06)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

At the time it was.
Well, while I agree with the almost no competittion, you must admit that the sales figures of PS2 are impressive even now you have those three mosters on sale.  I mean, they still sell millions of PS2 a year even when you can buy a Wii for a few more bucks.  I think Sony thinks their consoles for a much longer period than MS.  Just different approaches to the business.
Well of course. Plus, from what I've seen, most people are buying PS2's nowadays for the music games such as GH and Rock Band.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

r'Eeee wrote:

....Anyway....

Konami Conf. is today as well. Hopefully they will show Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. I need a football game this year.
I'm hoping PES 09 to be great.  I need a good football game, which still there isn't for this consoles generation.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6601

sergeriver wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

....Anyway....

I'm hoping PES 09 to be great.  I need a good football game, which still there isn't for this consoles generation.
Yea, I love PES, but sadly, they fucked up 2008. And FIFA isn't the game I want.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I always liked FIFA for some reason. Although this year, the only sports games I'm getting are NHL '09 and Madden '09 Special Edition.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Well of course. Plus, from what I've seen, most people are buying PS2's nowadays for the music games such as GH and Rock Band.
Yup, true.  I was watching the conference when they said they were selling like 5 or 6 million PS2 this year only in US, and I had my PS2 in its box just behind me, and I felt sad.  That's probably the best console ever built.  I know the new ones are better, but they have a lot of years of advantage.  PS2 still has a lot of great games coming out for it.  I bought mine in the 2001 spring, I remember being at Electronique's Boutique and they only had like 12 titles, lol.  I walked the whole day carrying the PS2 box out of fear of leaving it in the car.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Yup, true.  I was watching the conference when they said they were selling like 5 or 6 million PS2 this year only in US, and I had my PS2 in its box just behind me, and I felt sad.  That's probably the best console ever built.  I know the new ones are better, but they have a lot of years of advantage.  PS2 still has a lot of great games coming out for it.  I bought mine in the 2001 spring, I remember being at Electronique's Boutique and they only had like 12 titles, lol.  I walked the whole day carrying the PS2 box out of fear of leaving it in the car.
I still think the N64/SNES are the best consoles ever. PS2 right behind it.

PS2's also very portable compared to current-gen systems. Last day of school this year, a kid brought his PS2, 2 guitars and GHIII in a backpack. I owned it up, but that's beside the point.

Most people just want to play Rock Band without having to buy a $300 console. They know that Activision and Neversoft will keep releasing music games for the PS2 for atleast the next couple of years.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I still think the N64/SNES are the best consoles ever. PS2 right behind it.

PS2's also very portable compared to current-gen systems. Last day of school this year, a kid brought his PS2, 2 guitars and GHIII in a backpack. I owned it up, but that's beside the point.

Most people just want to play Rock Band without having to buy a $300 console. They know that Activision and Neversoft will keep releasing music games for the PS2 for atleast the next couple of years.
I always had Sega, not Nintendo, my cousin did anyway.  The PS3 is way too heavy, like 12 pounds or soemthing, lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard