That was anti-climactic. So let's see

-Spore WIN
-Mirror's Edge WIN
-Left 4 Dead WIN
-I admit the dynamic DNA shit in the sports games is cool
-EA's new profile and community system, could be good or could be shit
-No BF3
-iPhone games don't sound too bad
Not too bad, I wanted at least something with BF heroes though considering thats supposed to come out this summer
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5990|Washington DC

Mutantsteak wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

4:24
    crecente -  Thanks for joining us today
4:24
    crecente -  shows over

That was anti-climactic. So let's see

-Spore WIN
-Mirror's Edge WIN
-Left 4 Dead WIN
-I admit the dynamic DNA shit in the sports games is cool
-EA's new profile and community system, could be good or could be shit
-No BF3
-iPhone games don't sound too bad
Not too bad, I wanted at least something with BF heroes though considering thats supposed to come out this summer
True. Still, we got 3 days left. Tomorrow is Sony's conference right? Let's hope they pull through...

Are there any moar conferences today?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6477

The only thing left today is a presentation about Gears of War 2 I think

Tomorrow

Sony
Nintendo
Ubisoft
Activision

Yes?

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-07-14 16:33:04)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6566|Long Island, New York
I want to know about this new fucking Bungie title! Fuckshitcock!
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6200|New Austin, Not
Some more new Gears 2 footage:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36240.html

INCLUDES A SMALL SNIPPET OF HORDE MODE
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6786|Argentina
Some friend of mine told me that Sony is unveiling tomorrow Killzone 2, God of War 3 and that shit Playstation Home.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-07-14 17:22:28)

The_Mac
+96|6254
No BF3 = meh.

Maybe at the Game Convention 2008?

It's August 21-24, so not too long of a wait.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5990|Washington DC
This post I saw on GameFAQs gives some good reasoning for why FF13 going multiplat isn't so jazzy with us PS3 users:

The way I see it there are two big issues for PS3 owners -

1. Game quality and release date. I personally am not as concerned about the quality (it might have some small factor, likely no longer looking as crisp as MGS4), but the release date is a killer. They say they want a simultaneous release here in America, and that might push the game back for a year or more, as development *just started* on the 360. That is hard to take on a game with no release date in sight.

2. Confidence in the PS3. As a PS3 owner, what really worries me about this is that SQE has next to no confidence here in America in the PS3. It's not this game that I'm concerned about, it's others down the road that we may never see because of the domino effect of this. If developers see the PS3 not making return on investment, things could get very dicey indeed for the PS3.
Home
Section.80
+447|6876|Seattle, Washington, USA

OK, so I already don't like the new Xbox layout. Avatars are a ripoff from the Wii, and from that main screen thing, it looks like the dashboard is empty and boring. The Netflix thing is cool though.

So no news from Bungie??
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6786|Argentina
Official list of games being presented for PS3 in this E3 (not including unexpected announcements):

Baja: Edge of Control
Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando Rearmed
BioShock
Blitz: The League II
Borderlands
Buzz! Quiz TV PS3 Exclusive
Damnation
Dark Void
Darksiders: Wrath of War
Dead Space
Edge of Twilight
FaceBreaker
Fallout 3
Free Realms
Just Cause 2
Killzone 2 PS3 Exclusive
Legendary
LEGO Batman: The Videogame
LittleBigPlanet PS3 Exclusive
Madden NFL 09
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
Monster Madness: Grave Danger PS3 Exclusive
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift PS3 Exclusive
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 2K9
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
PixelJunk Eden PS3 Exclusive
Plunder
Project Origin
Pure
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2 PS3 Exclusive
Rise of the Argonauts
Saints Row 2
SIREN: Blood Curse (Episode 1) PS3 Exclusive
SOCOM: Confrontation PS3 Exclusive
Soulcalibur IV
Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
The Agency
The Last Remnant
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
This is Vegas
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
TNA iMPACT!
Tomb Raider Underworld
Wheelman
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
The_Mac
+96|6254
Keep in mind, while this is technically E3, this is sorta a pre-E3, where all the journalists prep for tomorrow and the next few days, wandering around the place.

All the major business models and announcements have been made, we're going to see some game stuff, I guess.

I'm wagering Games Convention will be 3 times more informative and exciting.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6669|Your moms bedroom

HurricaИe wrote:

This post I saw on GameFAQs gives some good reasoning for why FF13 going multiplat isn't so jazzy with us PS3 users:

1. Game quality and release date. I personally am not as concerned about the quality (it might have some small factor, likely no longer looking as crisp as MGS4), but the release date is a killer. They say they want a simultaneous release here in America, and that might push the game back for a year or more, as development *just started* on the 360. That is hard to take on a game with no release date in sight.

2. Confidence in the PS3. As a PS3 owner, what really worries me about this is that SQE has next to no confidence here in America in the PS3. It's not this game that I'm concerned about, it's others down the road that we may never see because of the domino effect of this. If developers see the PS3 not making return on investment, things could get very dicey indeed for the PS3.
A Game produced in Japan, which used to be released on a Japanese console is now going to Microsoft 360... maybe ps3 is in trouble
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Locoloki wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

A Game produced in Japan, which used to be released on a Japanese console is now going to Microsoft 360... maybe ps3 is in trouble
Plus, what's-his-face wouldn't make such a ballsy statement that the 360 will beat the PS3 in sales for this generation of systems (until PS4 and the next 360) unless he had something he knew was going to put Sony under. I think this is it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
http://www.bungie.net/defaultsi.aspx

Check the timer on the bottom. In 1 1/2 days, Bungie's announcing their new game. Has to be.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-07-14 18:48:56)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6509|Purdue
EA Press Conference is up on g4tv.com now
http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/press_conf_de … ence_key=2

edit: Nevermind, doesn't work for me. Awsm work gaiz!

edit2: What's up with these crappy vids on g4tv.com

edit3: At least gametrailers has their shit together. I liked how the Mirror's Edge trailer transitioned.
Also, awsm shotgun is awsm.
https://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9124/mens2000yv7.png

Last edited by Goven (2008-07-14 19:24:30)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Goven wrote:

EA Press Conference is up on g4tv.com now
http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/press_conf_de … ence_key=2

edit: Nevermind, doesn't work for me. Awsm work gaiz!

edit2: What's up with these crappy vids on g4tv.com

edit3: At least gametrailers has their shit together. I liked how the Mirror's Edge trailer transitioned.
Also, awsm shotgun is awsm.
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9124/mens2000yv7.png
oshi-

That shotgun's in BFBC

The NS2000 I think?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6634|Greenwood, IN
Can anyone give me the low down on what happened today.  I was at work for most of the Microsoft portion and all of the EA one.  I saw the new dashboard(Which was ugly as hell.) and thats were I left off.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6200|New Austin, Not
Stimey
­
+786|6149|Ontario | Canada
Its gonna be an RTS right?
Intresting to see how it will turn out.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
So, who's ready for Sony - hopefully - to fucking show off some motherfucking RESISTANCE 2?!?

I'm actually pretty pumped...I thought the MS conference would have done me over. Guess not.
Sambuccashake
+126|6639|Sweden
No BF3?

Major suckage...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6298
I know the talk is all Sony now, but this comment from last night made me wonder:

crecente -  They learned a lot from Team Fortress 2, Gabe says.
What was unsuccessful about TF2 that they needed to learn from?

Nothing as far as I knew. I thought Valve were as happy as happy can be with it.

Hmmm.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6370|Atlanta, Georgia

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I know the talk is all Sony now, but this comment from last night made me wonder:

crecente -  They learned a lot from Team Fortress 2, Gabe says.
What was unsuccessful about TF2 that they needed to learn from?

Nothing as far as I knew. I thought Valve were as happy as happy can be with it.

Hmmm.
You can learn from things that are totally successful...  They could have learned what people enjoyed the most what they disliked and what kept people returning to the game. You can learn anything from anything.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6502|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I............. I think I came. Twice.

FALLOUT 3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard