Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6695|Tampa Bay Florida

Miniman7474 wrote:

If Wake and Karkand didn't exist I wouldn't play BF2 tbh.
qft

More island maps
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6388|Pittsburgh, PA

David.P wrote:

Blackhawk miniguns! Those things are the shit, Take down and APC in 5 seconds, Transport Heli in 3, Attack Heli and Jet in 2! Fuck damn why did they ever take those things out!
Wait, what am I not getting? The Blackhawk has miniguns
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6204|Daqing Oilfields?

Tompie913 wrote:

David.P wrote:

Blackhawk miniguns! Those things are the shit, Take down and APC in 5 seconds, Transport Heli in 3, Attack Heli and Jet in 2! Fuck damn why did they ever take those things out!
Before 1.3 I believe it was they were godly. They got nuked in 1.3 and now theyre dull. They basically shoot rubber bullets.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6153|San Antonio, Texas
Well, more of BF2 is . You have something good, then you work on it. I'd like to see more feature-wise: weather, proper grenade launcher iron sights, shotgun iron sights, destructible environments.

Anything else they've got planned to surprise us should be greeted with .
VividSynergy
Banned
+6|5794|Bolingbrook, United States
Kubra Dam V2.  Most balanced map in terms of jets, great snping, you can switch each round between offense and defense, has every vehicle in MEC and USMC apart from Vodniks and HMMVWs, good view distance, teamwork is required to win, it's a big map, and more.

Last edited by VividSynergy (2008-07-13 19:19:34)

MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6172

VividSynergy wrote:

Kubra Dam V2.  Most balanced map in terms of jets, great snping, you can switch each round between offense and defense, has every vehicle in MEC and USMC apart from Vodniks and HMMVWs, good view distance, teamwork is required to win, it's a big map, and more.
Or Wake Island, but everyone on the map gets a jet.  Then it will be the sweetest map.
VividSynergy
Banned

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

Or Wake Island, but everyone on the map gets a jet.  Then it will be the sweetest map.
No..  F35 vs J-10 is retarded.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6452|Chicago, IL

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

AIX, Red Dawn, nothing but jets
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5799|sweden

David.P wrote:

Longbow wrote:

David.P wrote:

I would've loved for the upcoming Russian Faction to have AN-94's.
Abakan's are not and will not be used by regular army.
*cough* Spec-ops */cough
yeah.
aek and/or ak107 for regular, russian troops.
just throw it a couple of years into the future and use weapons that are showing beyond the horizon.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

David.P wrote:

One thing I think we can all agree on that we want from BF3.
A stats system?

loooooool
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6275
I don't like the look of Karkand at all. I want a nice bright happy looking city map, if we have city maps again.

As for the large vehicle maps, I want them to somehow make it so that everyone on the ground isn't just a sitting duck to the aircraft. It isn't fun to be bombed repeatedly with no way of shooting down the aircraft.

Also. Get rid of the ranking! Sure unlocks would be nice. But no ranks, no stats, and encourage mod support instead of suppressing it. The ranking system just made everyone play for themself instead of as a team, and it ruined a lot of aspects of the game.

However its not going to happen.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-07-14 03:29:14)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6535

killaer wrote:

I think BF2 has done just about everything correctly. All I want is more. More weapons, More vehicles, More maps.
you must have good reg then -_-
Sambuccashake
+126|6615|Sweden

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

As for the large vehicle maps, I want them to somehow make it so that everyone on the ground isn't just a sitting duck to the aircraft. It isn't fun to be bombed repeatedly with no way of shooting down the aircraft.
Yup, shoulder fired AA should be available to the engineer class. (The engy class in BF2142 is perfect)
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland

TrashBlinD wrote:

Snake wrote:

No Wake and/or karkand.
Why no Karkand ?
Karkand is actually a decent infantry map when played correctly.

Don't judge a map b the way the pubbers play it.
Snake's clocked up 67 hours of karkand lol
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6535|Boston, MA

Snake wrote:

No Wake and/or karkand.
No Karkand would be nice. But seriously, why no Wake? Wake is absolutely amazing. There's a reason why it's the only map in both BF1942 and BF2, isn't it in BF2142 too?
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6327|Orrstrayleea

killaer wrote:

I think BF2 has done just about everything correctly. All I want is more. More weapons, More vehicles, More maps.
Agreed, more guns and sexier graphics/maps.

Longbow wrote:

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

If we couldn't revive, we'd have another gay counterstrike.
agreed
agreed
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6386|Oslo, Norway

Miniman7474 wrote:

If Wake and Karkand didn't exist I wouldn't play BF2 tbh.

The Kark nubs makes the map...nothing is better than going around with the M16 owning entire squads armed with G36Es/RPKs. Whenever I want good infantry combat Kark is great.

And FF Off Wake is amazing for me, I love the F35 and even as infantry its fun.
Is there inf only maps with Wake???
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6204|Daqing Oilfields?

VividSynergy wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

There is a map like that, Wake Island Airshow, only with every jet with custom skins and all the attack helis.

As for F35 vs J10, its something you learn to fight against and most decent pilots can shoot down the J10s (especially with the help of both essex guns working together) and rape the J10 spawn the rest of the round.
VividSynergy
Banned

Miniman7474 wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

There is a map like that, Wake Island Airshow, only with every jet with custom skins and all the attack helis.

As for F35 vs J10, its something you learn to fight against and most decent pilots can shoot down the J10s (especially with the help of both essex guns working together) and rape the J10 spawn the rest of the round.
First of all, Wake Island Airshow is not ranked.  There's about 8 servers running it, 2 of them have no password, so it's not very active.

I can shoot down J-10s with the F35 fairly easily.  It depends on the skill of a pilot.  Last time I was on Wake Island all the J-10s did was fly striaght and turn slowly, without changing their elevation at all.  Not to mention, Wake Island is just unbalanced in terms of all gameplay.  Infantry on Wake while you're on the USMC side completely sucks.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6226|Finland
They meant to have friend list on bf2, but it doesnt have it. bf2142 has it
They meant to have friends with different color name than normal players on bf2, but they didnt even add friend list there...

Keep bf3 almost same as bf3 is, just add flist like 2142 has.
Better graphics and destructive buildings

~Oor something like that

General.con wrote:

GeneralSettings.setHUDTransparency 204
GeneralSettings.setCrosshairColor 0 255 134 255
GeneralSettings.setBuddytagColor 0 0 0 <----- Friend list?
GeneralSettings.setSquadtagColor 0 255 0
GeneralSettings.setMinimapRotate 1
Note: Original bf2 was meant to be 1337, though i love this one too

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2008-07-14 07:51:11)

David.P
Banned
+649|6279

Tompie913 wrote:

David.P wrote:

Like in real life, the Bf2 blackhawk had miniguns that fired depleted uranium bullets, that would explode on contact. Thats what I'm talking about.

hiberNative wrote:

David.P wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Abakan's are not and will not be used by regular army.
*cough* Spec-ops */cough
yeah.
aek and/or ak107 for regular, russian troops.
just throw it a couple of years into the future and use weapons that are showing beyond the horizon.
Hey I can dream can't I? No wait I can't! I'll just do!
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6628|EU

If there is going to be stats system than better it be like in Project Reality - team based.
David.P
Banned
+649|6279

legionair wrote:

If there is going to be stats system than better it be like in Project Reality - team based.
Fuck yeah!
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6374
just fix BF2 completly and ship it to the stores with the name BF3 (il buy it)+ a lot of new content
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

head shots should result in a kill, no ability to revive.
play Special Forces
Huh?
I don't think that headshots result in an instant kill in SF.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard