PeoNinja
Ninja Fart - Silent but Deadly
+31|6204
My video card died last week and the week before that it was the power supply that was no more with us. The thing is that I wanted to build a new computer but I guess it will have to wait because I did some vacationing this summer and I dont have much budget now. Right now I have a shitty video card that a friend lend me (Diablotek Rage 128 Pro ) to stop me from going mad and I cant play my games with it.  I dont know much about computers I mostly watch movies and download music and the only game I play is BF2 and I found some servers i like and now I enjoy playing online plus Im buying Spore this september if it finally launches and maybe the star wars game. But because of the low budget I guess I have to settle for one of these and would like your opinion on which one would be better for me since Im not really a gamer.

I went to compusa today to see what the had there and they had these one NVIDIA XFX GeForce 6200 a couple bucks cheaper that what i found online.

I dont have Vista and i dont want it, the other NVidia cards there where for vista and I cant remember the ATIs they had.

Saw these 2 online also, but I live in Puerto Rico and the shipping = +or- same price that store = fail, thats why I would prefer to buy it in store
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

VisionTek Radeon HD 2400 Pro
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

If you want to run Bf2 on all high with XP you'll need 2gb of ram, a Geforce 7600gt (which is a cheap mid range 7000 series) and an average processor.

What are your current system specs?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

What we need to know:

- Your whole system specs, including PSU and graphics bus..
- Your old video card.
- Where you're stationed.
- Your budget.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon
i recently got a new PSU and an 8800, and installation was a breeze.....i mean, after a well illustrated tutorial from .Sup
im not anything close to technologically inclined in that regard, and it was much easier than i had even anticipated.

anyway, it definitely made my PC so good luck.
The#1Spot
+105|6545|byah

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What we need to know:

- Your old video card.
- Your budget.
Agreed but here is a well um I dont know what you would call it but it is better than your current video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 814102102R

or this when it comes back into stock

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814121095
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

The#1Spot wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What we need to know:

- Your old video card.
- Your budget.
Agreed but here is a well um I dont know what you would call it but it is better than your current video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 814102102R

or this when it comes back into stock

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814121095
Out of those two, the 2600 simply isn't an option.

SPECS, BUDGET, NOW!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
PeoNinja
+31|6204

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What we need to know:

- Your old video card.
- Your budget.
By a miracle i found the printed documents with the specs, hope heres what you need

- Dimension 8300 Series, Intel Pentium 4  2.8GHz with 800 MHz & HT technology
- 512mb DDR SDRAM AT 400MHz
- 128MB DDR NVidia GeForce FX5200  AGP
- 80GB 7000 RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive
- XP home edition, srvice pack1
Dont know what psu was installed when it was fixed. And for the budget I wouldnt like to spend more than $100.

Like i said im not a gamer I dont really care about the graphics, i run everything on low, i just have fun playing and would like to play until bf2 dies.
I think the NVidia6200 would be ok? ¿? ¿? 
Thanks

Last edited by PeoNinja (2008-07-12 05:39:10)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

Seeing how you're using a RAGE card, your computer is probably AGP. That limits the available video cards, as they're not making AGP cards anymore.

I'd recommend a 7300GT. It'll present a huge upgrade (BF2 on med-high), and it should run on your shitty Dell PSU.
PeoNinja
+31|6204

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Seeing how you're using a RAGE card, your computer is probably AGP. That limits the available video cards, as they're not making AGP cards anymore.

I'd recommend a 7300GT. It'll present a huge upgrade (BF2 on med-high), and it should run on your shitty Dell PSU.
lol thx   this things needs an upgrade or a one trip to the nearest landfill, now the monitor is fucking up
https://www.fotosearch.com/comp/THK/THK022/american-flag-gas_~e00010335.jpghttps://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_images_n300/0018-0401-3008-3325_matches_on_fire_photo_photos_photographs_picture.jpg

Last edited by PeoNinja (2008-07-12 03:54:34)

CrazeD
+368|6678|Maine
Ew, don't get a 7300GT. Terrible.

Get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814102730

Or at the very least, this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814121064

But tbh, I wouldn't get either. You're running on a Dell, for one, with old technologies that are no longer used really (DDR, AGP).

Save up $600-700 and go buy a new system tbh.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

PeoNinja wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

lol thx   this things needs an upgrade or a one trip to the nearest landfill, now the monitor is fucking up (gasoline & matches)
If you decide to get rid of it, drop me a PM, I'd happily pay postage for that old P4 and RAM. For srs.

CrazeD wrote:

Ew, don't get a 7300GT. Terrible.

Get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814102730

Or at the very least, this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814121064

But tbh, I wouldn't get either. You're running on a Dell, for one, with old technologies that are no longer used really (DDR, AGP).

Save up $600-700 and go buy a new system tbh.
A 3850 would be seriously bottlenecked by that system, and so would a 7600GS. Plus, those would require a new PSU. It's not worth getting anything over a 7300GT, which basically is a lower-clocked DDR2 7600GS. I had a 64MB 7300LE, when given some decent RAM for TC (256MB, the GT isn't TC), and some OCing, I got 2200 points in 3DMark06. My heavily overclocked 7600GS 256 scores 2800. And that's with a CPU that's about 2/3 faster than his. All he wants to do is play BF2 decently, which he currently does (did) on all low at 20FPS.

The 7300GT is actually horribly underrated, just like the 8600GT. It's one of the most overclockable (In %) GPUs in a long time, ok-performing, and best of all, uses max 20w power, which basically allows it to run on any shitty OEM PSU there is.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-07-12 04:04:02)

PeoNinja
+31|6204
I just need something to play with cuz it been like a  month since the last time i played.  I think Ill buy the 6200 i saw at the store and keep the $26 of shipping in my pocket for beer the night of the Cotto vs Margarito fight  this 26 of july

thx again
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6479|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Dude just grab a 6200 then, it will play bf2..though like shit it will still play it.

These guys have no sense of what a budget means and always go way over what the person is asking for budget wise.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6144|New Jersey
A 7300 would be well within his $100 budget...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

ELITE-UK wrote:

These guys have no sense of what a budget means and always go way over what the person is asking for budget wise.
Crazed doesn't, Freezer very well does

But yes, that's a point that often annoys me here, sometimes the best is not the best. In many cases the best performing part is not the best option for the system/budget/user. It is just that annoying when people recommend like ultra gaming cards for a HTPC or when people recommend D9-chip 1066MHz DDR2 for people whose mobo can only support 667MHz. And that happens a lot on this section.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
PeoNinja
+31|6204
Freezer the 7300 was at $97 in store +or- what it would have been with the the shipping, where it says Free 3 Business Day Shipping under it says not available in HI, AK and PR, but thanks anyway.  I bought the NVidia GEForce 6200 for $56 and some speakers for $26 cuz the other ones were the ones that came with the computer (still got $$ for some beers tonight, BF2 and beer ) . The 6200 made a difference or its the long time i have been with out playing but the game seemed smoother and didnt had the lag I always experienced during the beginning of rounds. Thanks again
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

PeoNinja wrote:

Freezer the 7300 was at $97 in store +or- what it would have been with the the shipping, where it says Free 3 Business Day Shipping under it says not available in HI, AK and PR, but thanks anyway.  I bought the NVidia GEForce 6200 for $56 and some speakers for $26 cuz the other ones were the ones that came with the computer (still got $$ for some beers tonight, BF2 and beer ) . The 6200 made a difference or its the long time i have been with out playing but the game seemed smoother and didnt had the lag I always experienced during the beginning of rounds. Thanks again
Well yeah, the 6200 is not a good card, but it should certainly be better than your old card

Happy games from now on!
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6849|Waikato, Aotearoa
Might I recommend the 9800GX2?? It is SOOOO l33t ....... or 8800GT
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

PeoNinja wrote:

That's why I asked where you were stationed.
PeoNinja
+31|6204

Freezer7Pro wrote:

PeoNinja wrote:

Last paragraph of the first post
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6202|Winland

PeoNinja wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

PeoNinja wrote:

Last paragraph of the first post
Oh krap.

Allow me to facepalm at myself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard