usmarine2
Banned
+233|5761|Dublin, Ohio
or whatever name you call it.  Let's not play the football, futbol, and soccer word game.  kthx.

-----------------------

Right, So I was watching Chile vs Italy in some tournament (Toulon) and was wondering if that is the same Italy team that was in Euro 2008?  Or do they have different squads?

BTW, Italy won and the Chile coach was being a little bitch.

Last edited by usmarine2 (2008-07-12 15:56:40)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

It's probably a different squad, with a few of the Euro players in it, I'd expect the Euro players to be resting for the next club season.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
It's the Under 21's squad so it won't be the first team selction i.e. Buffon, Del piero, Pierlo, Gatusso etc.  These lot will prob be resting in preperation for the new Seria A season.

I've never heard of U21 Italian players.

Carlo Mattrel     (G)
    Francesco Janich    (D)
    Bruno Mora    (D)
    Enzo Robotti    (D)
    Sandro Salvadore    (D)
    Mario David    (M)
    Giorgio Ferrini    (M)
    José Altafini    (F)
    Humberto Maschio    (F)
    Giampaolo Menichelli    (F)
    Paride Tumburus

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-12 16:27:26)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ratzinger
+43|6362|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Yeah, they're still learning how to cheat.....
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5906|New York

Ratzinger wrote:

Yeah, they're still learning how to cheat.....
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
suck it nerds

https://image.ohmynews.com/down/images/1/todd_304181_1%5B486527%5D.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
no u sorry had to say that nothing against Italy

Last edited by blademaster (2008-07-12 18:04:08)

usmarine2
Banned
+233|5761|Dublin, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

It's the Under 21's squad so it won't be the first team selction i.e. Buffon, Del piero, Pierlo, Gatusso etc.  These lot will prob be resting in preperation for the new Seria A season.

Carlo Mattrel     (G)
    Francesco Janich    (D)
    Bruno Mora    (D)
    Enzo Robotti    (D)
    Sandro Salvadore    (D)
    Mario David    (M)
    Giorgio Ferrini    (M)
    José Altafini    (F)
    Humberto Maschio    (F)
    Paride Tumburus
will some of them be in the Olympics?  Or is it like minor league baseball or something like that?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
It's most likely a nothing squad.  As for the Olympics you'll tend to see players you've never heard of.

You'll find big name players rarely attend the Olympics.  When it comes to Olympic games in football, Club > Country.  Most footballers are preparing for the upcoming season and their respective clubs won't allow them to attend.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5761|Dublin, Ohio

KILLSWITCH wrote:

It's most likely a nothing squad.  As for the Olympics you'll tend to see players you've never heard of.

You'll find big name players rarely attend the Olympics.  When it comes to Olympic games in football, Club > Country.  Most footballers are preparing for the upcoming season and their respective clubs won't allow them to attend.
So then the olympic soccer games will be boring eh?
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Carlo Mattrel     (G)
    Francesco Janich    (D)
    Bruno Mora    (D)
    Enzo Robotti    (D)
    Sandro Salvadore    (D)
    Mario David    (M)
    Giorgio Ferrini    (M)
    José Altafini    (F)
    Humberto Maschio    (F)
    Paride Tumburus
will some of them be in the Olympics?  Or is it like minor league baseball or something like that?
There will prob be a mixture of the first team and u21's and maybe the u18's in the Olympics as it is not seen as a big thing within the soccer world.  European Champions League and the FIFA World Cup are the 2 elitist competitions.

I don't know how minor league baseball works so i don't know if it applies to soccer.  Most top domestic and national football teams are structured as First team, and youth (U21's, U18's and U16's) as a development thing.

Each age structure has it's own league and competes but no one really bothers with anything outside first team competitions.  I have seen U21's internationals televised before but Christ they are boring.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Most likely.  The brazilians will entertain as usual though.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5761|Dublin, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

I have seen U21's internationals televised before but Christ they are boring.
well this was one was good, especially towards the end.  plus the chile coach yelling at the italian coach topped it off.
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6421|Chuck Town, SC
The Olympics usually are the U21 teams.  They will be just as exciting but they tend to be players you dont hear a lot about because they are young.  These are the lot of guys that are trying to make it to the senior team and have lots to prove for club and country.

edit - i lied its the u23 teams

Last edited by twinke228 (2008-07-12 19:35:36)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

usmarine2 wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

It depends on the person I guess, I can come in half cut, at 3 in the morning (much like now) and watch South American football till the sun rises, it has no superstars, but because I love the sport I find it entertaining.  Whereas some people just watch big name football.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5761|Dublin, Ohio
Well then another question.  The only soccer channel I get is the Fox Soccer Channel.  There is a match on tomorrow and its says it is "English League" Blackburn vs Everton.  Now what is that?  U21 or something else/
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6421|Chuck Town, SC

usmarine2 wrote:

Well then another question.  The only soccer channel I get is the Fox Soccer Channel.  There is a match on tomorrow and its says it is "English League" Blackburn vs Everton.  Now what is that?  U21 or something else/
more than likely it will just be a archive game or rerun from the past couple of seasons
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
Typical Olypmpic Squad.  Argentina: 3-4 big players (Mascherano, Riquelme and Messi)  the rest reserve players or U21

Coach
Sergio Batista, 45, Under-23 Coach

Goalkeepers:
Oscar Ustari (22) (Getafe, Spain)
Sergio Romero (21) (AZ Alkmaar, Netherlands)

Defenders:
Pablo Zabaleta (23) (Espanyol, Spain)
Ezequiel Garay (21) (Real Madrid, Spain)
Federico Fazio (21) (Sevilla, Spain)
Nicolás Burdisso (24) (Internazionale, Italy)
Luciano Monzón (21) (Boca Juniors)

Midfielders:
Fernando Gago (22) (Real Madrid)
Ever Banega (20) (Valencia, Spain)
Javier Mascherano (24) (Liverpool, England)
Juan Román Riquelme (30) (Boca Juniors)
Angel Di María (20) (Benfica, Portugal)
José Sosa (23) (Bayern Munich, Germany)
Diego Buonanotte (20) (River Plate)

Forwards:
Lionel Messi (21) (Barcelona, Spain)
Ezequiel Lavezzi (23) (Napoli, Italy)
Lautaro Acosta (20) (Sevilla, Spain)
Sergio Agüero (20) (Atlético de Madrid, Spain)

Reserves:
Nicolás Navarro (Napoli, goalkeeper)
Nicolás Pareja (Anderlecht, Belgium, defender)
Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht, midfielder)
Emiliano Insúa (Liverpool, midfielder)

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-12 19:42:27)

m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

twinke228 wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

more than likely it will just be a archive game or rerun from the past couple of seasons
could also be a pre season friendly game that will have most first team players participating.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-12 19:43:24)

twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6421|Chuck Town, SC

m3thod wrote:

twinke228 wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

could also be a pre season friendly game.
no i just checked its an archive of the fa cup from this past season
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

usmarine2 wrote:

At this time theres only pre-season friendlies going on, and you rarely hear of two premier league clubs playing each other in pre season.  So I guess it's a game from last season or something...
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

https://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8279/eggballwe0.jpg
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5761|Dublin, Ohio
I played soccer before you were born son
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
on a side note even OH is on the red card act...

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=105059

perm banned stkhoplite.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

usmarine2 wrote:

I played soccer before you were born son
Eggball too?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard