Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465

weasel_thingo wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

ie it does 80% damage at the end now instead of 25%
eh, thats still shit, they should just put it back to the way it was before
NOOO!!!!

The Pyro was way underpowered before do to the drop off. 25% damage was way, way, way to little. 80% is fine I think.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6465
Updated the OP with today's (epicly minor) update.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
Exciting stuff.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267

Steam wrote:

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed rcon crash caused by too many incorrect password attempts

Fixed clients experiencing connection problems during round restarts

Fixed flares not always being removed on impact

Fixed 32 player servers not working correctly with SourceTV enabled

Fixed dropped flags sometimes falling through the world

Fixed number key menu input sending 2 key events

Fixed PING field being clipped in the scoreboard at 800x600 resolution

Fixed broken Medigun taunt

Changed mat_showmiplevels to only be allowed when cheats are on
Finally . Now everyone can see it instead opf just those of us that got the 3rd party fix. I've had it for a few days now and it rocks
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6457|UK
That picture is awesome reminds me of the thing's you do when you go camping and tell ghost stories.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
I don't believe it. They've removed the Oktober Fest taunt completely. They haven't fixed it at all.

I had a working version as well.

Not happy.
kptk92
u
+972|6405|tc_london
Fixed broken Medigun taunt
But if Yoda says its been removed I'll shank Valve
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
I think the removing completely might be an accident. Apparently they messed up the server files by putting a 'return' where there shouldnt be one, and it affects the medic taunt as well. Apparently.

They might properly fix it today or something.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
It's only a Taunt
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6457|UK
Erm I think they fixed it.
kptk92
u
+972|6405|tc_london

wah1188 wrote:

Erm I think they fixed it.
Huh? Fixed what? They removed it, didnt they?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
Its not fixed and its not removed either.

Or at least not always removed. I was on a server before and it was the broken one again. Where the Medic just stands there.

Hopefully something'll be done soon.

Uzique wrote:

It's only a Taunt
NO ITS HAHAHA OKTOBER FEEEST.

lol. I know it is. But its a fun one.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
Ok so this is meant to be the 'unexciting updates' thread so i'll post about todays update in here.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2246/

Sticky nerf and.....

New Menu Music! It's Meet the Scout music . The music isn't mentioned but its there.

Team Fortress 2

* Sticky bombs now get a reduced close range damage ramp up (like Rocket Launcher & Syringe Gun)
          o Ultimately reduces damage done by sticky bombs to enemies <512 units from the Demoman
    * Moved the unlockable system over to the new item backend:
          o Added a warning dialog to the loadout screen telling clients when the server they're on could not get their loadout
    * Made "tf_damage_disablespread" a replicated convar, so clients can see the value of it on the server they're connected to
    * Renamed "mp_stalemate_at_timelimit" to "mp_match_end_at_timelimit", to better explain its function now that stalemate is optional
    * Fixed muzzle flashes & shell ejections still playing when viewmodels are hidden
    * Server tags can now be used to include or exclude servers from the list

Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source

* Protected several more commands from client exploitation

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-02-16 17:44:18)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6465

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Ok so this is meant to be the 'unexciting updates' thread so i'll post about todays update in here.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2246/

Sticky nerf and.....

New Menu Music! It's Meet the Scout music . The music isn't mentioned but its there.

Team Fortress 2

* Sticky bombs now get a reduced close range damage ramp up (like Rocket Launcher & Syringe Gun)
          o Ultimately reduces damage done by sticky bombs to enemies <512 units from the Demoman
    * Moved the unlockable system over to the new item backend:
          o Added a warning dialog to the loadout screen telling clients when the server they're on could not get their loadout
    * Made "tf_damage_disablespread" a replicated convar, so clients can see the value of it on the server they're connected to
    * Renamed "mp_stalemate_at_timelimit" to "mp_match_end_at_timelimit", to better explain its function now that stalemate is optional
    * Fixed muzzle flashes & shell ejections still playing when viewmodels are hidden
    * Server tags can now be used to include or exclude servers from the list

Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source

* Protected several more commands from client exploitation
Didn't Valve previously state that once they move the unlocks to the backend, they would release the scout update?

Also as I recall the Pyro update was announced as gone gold on a Tuesday (id est, tomorrow), and released on a Thursday, with a similar near black-out of info in the days pending the announcement.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
Yeah the Scout update shouldn't be far off now. There's an annoyance with this new loadout system though.

You have to physically respawn for the changes to take effect . You can't stand in the spawm room and have the changes happen instantly. To make whatever changes you need, you have to go into the loadout, change weapon, change class, change back.

Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-02-16 19:05:04)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

I want sniper rifles to not have crosshairs again.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

Miggle wrote:

I want sniper rifles to not have crosshairs again.
they do?

w-w-why
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6465

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah the Scout update shouldn't be far off now. There's an annoyance with this new loadout system though.

You have to physically respawn for the changes to take effect . You can't stand in the spawm room and have the changes happen instantly. To make whatever changes you need, you have to go into the loadout, change weapon, change class, change back.

Hopefully they'll fix that soon.
wat? fail.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
THE REMOVAL OF THE EQUIP COMMAND CAUSED MANY TO THINK THAT CIVILIAN HEAVY WAS ONCE AGAIN 'DEAD'. Valve tried to remove him once before but to no avail. The new changes in the loadout system made people think that once again, Valve had tried to remove him.

BUT CIVILIAN HEAVY CANNOT BE DEFEATED

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … stcount=39

He lives

Oh and in related news, the loadout changes take effect when you hit a supply cabinet for some reason instead of right away.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6465

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

THE REMOVAL OF THE EQUIP COMMAND CAUSED MANY TO THINK THAT CIVILIAN HEAVY WAS ONCE AGAIN 'DEAD'. Valve tried to remove him once before but to no avail. The new changes in the loadout system made people think that once again, Valve had tried to remove him.

BUT CIVILIAN HEAVY CANNOT BE DEFEATED

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … stcount=39

He lives

Oh and in related news, the loadout changes take effect when you hit a supply cabinet for some reason instead of right away.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Makes sense.

Supply cabinet = gun cabinet?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK

Flecco wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Makes sense.

wtf
in a game where men can run twice as fast and double jump, a game where men can rocket jump, a game where men can heal one another with a beam of light..

Yeah, TF2 makes sense a lot really
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267

Flecco wrote:

=
Makes sense.

Well if it wasn't for the fact that you could change the entire person you're playing as in an instant in the spawn room i'd agree with you. But if you can do that you should be able to change guns.

Tbh I just think Valve didn't think it through properly and hopefully we should get a fix soon.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-02-17 06:04:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard