sfg-Ice__
+4|6669
Ok, this has to be the only game I have played where a soilder cannot carry stingers.   I think the anit-tank class should be able to get this weapon because those guys are designed to destroy vehicles.  It would be nice for once when your caught in the open to pump a stinger out at a incoming plane or chopper.  What do yas all think about this?
R0lyP0ly
+161|6670|USA
nah, that would overbalance the AT kit itself, sort of like if we had a one shot one kill (OSOK) rifle for the sniper class. I DO think, however, that an underpowered kit like Assault could have it!
Leonnoe1
+2|6741
I think the anit-tank class should be able to get this weapon because those guys are designed to destroy vehicles.
NO, their purpose is to destroy tanks. Not to destroy air assets. Anti-TANK.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6669
LOL you know how many choppers I've waxed with anti-tank..tough as hell but do able.  So, in fact, anti tank is for destroying manned vehicles
Psychosis
+1|6664|Virginia
I think anti tank needs something... maybe make rockets more powerful? I just dont like the fact that youve only got a handful of rockets and it takes 3-4 to knock out a tank, and you only get 2 points for that... Theres just very little insentive to be one unless you either purely enjoy the class, or you have a tank sitting in your backyard that you need to get rid of, and it only does that with mediocre results.

Taking out tanks suck, but Choppers can be quite fun. Nothing yells pwnage like blowing out the passengers of the blackhawk on Mastuur with a well placed rocket.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6757|Clinton, MD, USA
Dude that would totally imbalance the game. Planes and helicopters would get raped. We already have extremely improved AA for that.
RGPFish
+0|6649
People should just sit in AA sites when they see attack helicopters; not run around like headless chickens shouting "ENEMY CHOPPER, INBOUND!" followed shortly by several "MEDIC!!!" shouts. I usually as medic don't know if to save the people, get on the AA weapon shoot the chopper, or just laugh at everyone!

Perhaps people should just shoot at helos with normal gunfire anyway, if several people did it, the chopper would leave by the time you've emptied one mag. It's sure to beat the running around like headless chickens approach anyway.

I agree though that the AT weapon is a little on the weak side, I wish you could unlock a Javelin but I understand the ridiculous overmatch that it might cause for a game like BF2. As it stands, you really don't get enough points for destroying a tank with AT though, meanwhile mines and C4 are far too powerful.
DawidBuchwald
+0|6649|Warsaw, Poland

RGPFish wrote:

People should just sit in AA sites when they see attack helicopters; not run around like headless chickens shouting "ENEMY CHOPPER, INBOUND!" followed shortly by several "MEDIC!!!" shouts. I usually as medic don't know if to save the people, get on the AA weapon shoot the chopper, or just laugh at everyone!

Perhaps people should just shoot at helos with normal gunfire anyway, if several people did it, the chopper would leave by the time you've emptied one mag. It's sure to beat the running around like headless chickens approach anyway.

I agree though that the AT weapon is a little on the weak side, I wish you could unlock a Javelin but I understand the ridiculous overmatch that it might cause for a game like BF2. As it stands, you really don't get enough points for destroying a tank with AT though, meanwhile mines and C4 are far too powerful.
Definitely agree! More points for AT for killing tanks. AA sites? Well, convince people to man them Good luck.

C4 is too powerful? Not sure. I enjoy it too much
LG-MindBullets
+10|6737|Kirkland, WA
I think that most of you are mistakingly assuming that these shoulder fired stingers would be similar to the existing AA platform missiles. I think this could work if the AT class stingers were not seeking but only straight firing missiles that had to be manually aimed and given lead to account for the target's trajectory. Then they would require skill so that not just anyone could take down a helicopter or jet. A good helicopter and jet pilot would still stand a good chance against them unless the AT soldier was extremely proficient at leading his target.

Basically, I think AA should be done like it was in Desert Combat.
jgrahl
+4|6706
So when does the Anti-Tank class get the new SA-7 unlock?  Sounds good though right?
GeneralDodo
+5|6712
I can already take down helicopters with AT kit. I once was able to get one about 300m away on wake, was pretty difficult
Herbmaster007
+-4|6758
Anti-Armour's my favourite kit but I don't think it needs a stinger.  I've scared off many a chopper with one shot from the AT, and it's the best sniper rifle in the game. Not overly impressed with the P90 though.  Seems less lethal than the MP7 so I usually stick with the DAO12.
I suppose it would be nice to take out a jet, but it's not the task of AT for wasting jets.  Just find an AA position and use that.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6730|Purplicious Wisconsin
I would prefer the stinger to be for the enginear class since the kit doesn't have any defense against aircraft.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Hummeth
+4|6661|Wisconsin
Maybe they could award points for the kill and then an extra point or two for destroying the enemy vehicle. You get penalized for team vehicle damage, so why not get rewarded tor enemy vehicle damage?
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US
Because Choppers and Jets are in the air, they are visible to all players.  If ant-tank had some sort of lock on missile, there would be no place safe in the skies.
R3belacT
+0|6719
The Stinger should just be another weapon you can pick up in the game, like you could in some Desert Combat maps.   Once picked up, you have just a stinger now, plus your unlock, obviously.  It would help a lot.
War Man

R3belacT wrote:

The Stinger should just be another weapon you can pick up in the game, like you could in some Desert Combat maps.   Once picked up, you have just a stinger now, plus your unlock, obviously.  It would help a lot.
Add it for enginear, no unlock or pickup, retarded and unreal.
={PS}=Rage
+2|6694|Lake Stevens, WA
AT stands for anti tank.  The patch already helped AA, now you people want more?  If you don't like the people in the air owning you, play karkand or other maps with no air.
joe1rossiter
+0|6659
i think myb they should introduce a antiaircraft kit coz sum servers you get arseraped by bloody choppers and planes and its rather hard to actually reach a dam plane or chopper
War Man
It is best for stinger to be for enginear because it is less popular and once it is added the engineer will get popular then people will go for it alot more than now.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6731|US
I got my vet. anti-tank badge mostly by blowing choppers out of the sky.  Learn how to guide the AT rocket and you can take down choppers with ease.  (2 shots will now take out most choppers)  Just watch for damaged choppers and you will find an easy 2-5kills per shot. 

I am still wondering why choppers go down in 2 shots but tanks take 3-4 AT missiles.
Herbmaster007
+-4|6758

RAIMIUS wrote:

I am still wondering why choppers go down in 2 shots but tanks take 3-4 AT missiles.
Try aiming at the tracks/wheels. You can take them out with 2, but it can be hard from distance especially when you're taking fire.

Last edited by Herbmaster007 (2006-03-04 21:58:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard