How many Muslims Do You Know?

I don't know any Muslims IRL23%23% - 24
1-228%28% - 29
2-512%12% - 13
More than 535%35% - 36
Total: 102
zeidmaan
+234|6384|Vienna

more than half the people I know are Muslim..... but they are Muslim like most people in Europe are Christian. You know, if it doesnt inconvenience me in my the slightest, I might do someting "religious" sad BUt Ill rather break every possible rule that exist so I can have a good time...
But I dont know a single proper religious guy, of any religion...
David.P
Banned
+649|6243

rammunition wrote:

David.P wrote:

rammunition wrote:

i know a few from my high school and one or 2 from college
How many americans do you know? Or did you just listen to what they said about it and drew your opinions from there?
i just know one American, well he was born in America but moved to England when he was young. He doesn't bother in world events/politics.

And again the stereotype that Muslims brainwash others to be "anti-American". Grow up, the world is getting fed up with the U.S
So do tell how did your political views come about?
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5906|New York

Lotta_Drool wrote:

The real poll question should be " how many GAY Muslims do you know? ".

That could put you in a real exclusive group.
Moron.

sergeriver wrote:

How many Muslims do you know in real life?  I don't know any.  And you?
A few hundered.(300-500)
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland

CommonSense wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Moron.

sergeriver wrote:

A few hundered.(300-500)
How many are gay?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6597|IRELAND

Ali Achbar and his family who run the curry house in town. The chefs in my favourite bar are all Muslim and take the owners constant "seen the chef with a backpack on............." jokes all in good humour and they give us as much back with the Northern Ireland jokes. About 10.

They are really over here learning from most professional and murderous terrorist organisation ever to exist while feeding us curry filled with arsenic.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland

JahManRed wrote:

Ali Achbar and his family who run the curry house in town. The chefs in my favourite bar are all Muslim and take the owners constant "seen the chef with a backpack on............." jokes all in good humour and they give us as much back with the Northern Ireland jokes. About 10.

They are really over here learning from most professional and murderous terrorist organisation ever to exist while feeding us curry filled with arsenic.
Do they serve pork?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london

Kmarion wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

How many Scientologist do you know?
None that I know of.... But then I don't live in America.
Well let me answer as an American.. I don't know any.. I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone who knows any. I defiantly know more Muslims than Scientologist. I hope I cleared that up for you.

Point: If we are going to start restricting our opinions to things that we have had direct contact with then there are a lot of people who need to gtfo. Talking openly about how we truly feel irregardless of experience is a good thing.

God Save the Queen wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

How many Scientologist do you know?
I actually knew a few growing up.  Real weirdos.  Assholes too.
It's based/started in my backyard. Haven't seen any.. aside from having to deliver to their headquarters.
I had a friend whose mother was a scientologist.  I met him as a buddhist and sure enough he started to claim scientology.  He would tell me how his mother spent 8 thousand dollars to for a few sessions of some kind of detox cleansing therapy in the hollywood celebrity center (their church).  consisted of eating a lot of crummy all natural food, taking tons of vitamin pills and sitting in a sauna for a few hours each session.  he would tell me how he would be sitting next to tim curry.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london

Varegg wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That explains a lot.
like what?
Like what no matter how much you try, you just cant seem to find that perfect way to scratch your own back ... or how you think you are invisible when driving a car and picking your nose ...

... what was the question again ?
something about A.L.F.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6597|IRELAND

Lotta_Drool wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Do they serve pork?
No. As its Pakistani Curry house. Their recipes are all traditional and developed years ago without pork.

Our old one was run by an Irish man and was called Paddystanies. We have a Barber who's nick name is packie (he is a white guy who tans well) and his Barber shop is called "packies short cuts" politically correctness has not yet touched the north coast of Ireland.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

JahManRed wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Do they serve pork?
No. As its Pakistani Curry house. Their recipes are all traditional and developed years ago without pork.

Our old one was run by an Irish man and was called Paddystanies. We have a Barber who's nick name is packie (he is a white guy who tans well) and his Barber shop is called "packies short cuts" politically correctness has not yet touched the north coast of Ireland.
ahhhhh packie bonner and hearing the footy commentators keeping saying that name.  I was a kid with a wtf expression for some time.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6594|Birmingham, UK
About 400, up to about 550.
And there's a only about 750 boys in my grammar school (I'm taking a few of the Muslim girls I know into account - girls grammar school next door)!
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Not a single one.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland

JahManRed wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Do they serve pork?

I was curious because I know they are not supposed to eat pork, but was wondering if they could serve it without being smited by god or something.  I can honestly say all the Muslims I have met take their religion much more seriously than the Christians, Jews, or Hindus I have met.  It is almost like they do it out of fear or something.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Lotta_Drool wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Do they serve pork?

I was curious because I know they are not supposed to eat pork, but was wondering if they could serve it without being smited by god or something.  I can honestly say all the Muslims I have met take their religion much more seriously than the Christians, Jews, or Hindus I have met.  It is almost like they do it out of fear or something.
The Muslims who run my local Kebab shop quite happily sell saveloys and battered sausages.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Lotta_Drool wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Christians went through the same stage. Give them time

Last edited by FatherTed (2008-06-11 12:29:46)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Bertster7 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

The Muslims who run my local Kebab shop quite happily sell saveloys and battered sausages.
It's not like hinduism of course, Muslims don't look at pigs as "holy", there's just a tradition for not eating pork because there was some kind of disease with it back in the day.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Well let me answer as an American.. I don't know any.. I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone who knows any. I defiantly know more Muslims than Scientologist. I hope I cleared that up for you.

Point: If we are going to start restricting our opinions to things that we have had direct contact with then there are a lot of people who need to gtfo. Talking openly about how we truly feel irregardless of experience is a good thing.
You didn't address my post.  You just quoted that link and you know that's complete bull...
Juvenile retaliation threads are bull. Suggesting that a persons opinion is invalid because they don't personally know a certain amount of Muslims is bull.

Oh.. and I voted in your poll. More than five. I deal with a lot of people everyday.
No, serious bull is when you quote a link without even reading it.  I quoted myself from your link.

sergeriver wrote:

The point is Europe is not selling out to Islam and the US is not selling out to Scientology either.
I never meant the US was Scientologyland.  Read above.  A lot of people is constantly arguing that Muslims are taking over the world.  See the difference?
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5906|New York

Lotta_Drool wrote:

CommonSense wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Moron.

sergeriver wrote:

A few hundered.(300-500)
How many are gay?
Don't know.

What are you trying to get at?
Hazril
+5|5967
Muslims I know personally....

In my family = 7

At work  = about 200

In my neighbourhood = about 100

All that i know  = roughly 3000

Not inclusive of acquaintances.

Muslims that are gay, about 2. Maybe more (they are probably keeping it to themselves)
One guy was a rookie cop just before I left the force and the other lives 2 blocks away.

I don't know anyone who claimed he was a Scientologist.

PS: The pork non-consumption is just tip of the ice-berg. We cant even touch pork or pig products.etc. leather. Requires a comprehensive ritual cleansing procedure for areas in contact with such.

Not out of fear but out of love as such was 'his' instruction thus we obey. Such love can be such a complication to explain.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6692|Eastern PA
Lots.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Hazril wrote:

pig products.etc. leather.
Is there anything worthwhile even made of pig leather?
Hazril
+5|5967

jsnipy wrote:

Hazril wrote:

Shoes and bags.

Some sport balls are made of pigskin.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

jsnipy wrote:

Hazril wrote:

Lotta Drools noose.

But mainly gloves it seems.  I'll be sure to check mine next time i'am doing some gardening.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/Pigskin_Leather.html

Last edited by m3thod (2008-06-11 13:42:58)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Sydney wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

It's not like hinduism of course, Muslims don't look at pigs as "holy", there's just a tradition for not eating pork because there was some kind of disease with it back in the day.
Both yes and no. The disease that comes with it is not a disease, its a stomach worm and the disease is still around today. Remember that Islam's earlier followers were Bedouin nomads, they spent most of their days roaming around. Pork must be cooked for a long time in order to kill the worms in it.

Same reason the Jews can't eat pork. The Leviticus laws were made for the Jews when they were wondering through the desert, since they were constantly moving they didn't have the time to cook the pork enough to kill the worms. So as a result you got that law.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You didn't address my post.  You just quoted that link and you know that's complete bull...
Juvenile retaliation threads are bull. Suggesting that a persons opinion is invalid because they don't personally know a certain amount of Muslims is bull.

Oh.. and I voted in your poll. More than five. I deal with a lot of people everyday.
I thought that Scientology thread was months old? I doubt it's a retaliatory thread to that. And I kind of disagree about the knowing amount of Muslims thing. At least, to an extent. Someone who knows no Muslims yet goes around claiming their all terrorists, clearly should be taken a lot less seriously than someone who has actually met a great deal of Muslim terrorists.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard