becauce they play all day!!!!!!!!!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
play play play
NO LIFE NITRO
Banned
+0|6639|Sydney, Aus
wel for people who play 9 hours a day like sgt.maxpower and all those in the top 700 maybe play for about 4 hours and they have between 900 and 1100 in that time
Tennouheika
+0|6636

stryyker wrote:

i say FUCK POINTS!
ill laugh at you all when i am a 2nd Lt. out of ROTC
And we'll laugh when you get sent to Iraq

Just spam health packs and revive people, and liberal use of grenades on Karkland.

Last edited by Tennouheika (2006-02-26 22:22:35)

TigrisJK
+3|6725
It's doable. You just need a bloody lot of time. I've done 1k in a day before, but I took a good chunk of my day to game (I was very hungover and in no mood to go out or get work done), and played commander because my reflexes were shot. It's doable. Whether not you have that much time... I would hope not.
Seaneroo
+12|6658
I think a lot of players greatly exaggerate their point scoring ability, whether knowingly or not.

Just as a random example, mpsmith (above) states he can score 1,000 points in 3 - 4 hours.  However, his stats show he "only" averages 3 points per minute (stil a very good rate).  At that rate, it would take him over 5 1/2 hours to score 1,000 points.   Even the very highest ranked players rarely do better than 4 points per minute.  They are ranked where they are because they have been playing many hours a day ever since the game first came out.  No big secret there.

Moral of the story?  Don't believe everything people say on these boards.

Last edited by Seaneroo (2006-02-26 23:36:15)

1234BGD
+1|6749

Seaneroo wrote:

I think a lot of players greatly exaggerate their point scoring ability, whether knowingly or not.

Just as a random example, mpsmith (above) states he can score 1,000 points in 3 - 4 hours.  However, his stats show he "only" averages 3 points per minute (stil a very good rate).  At that rate, it would take him over 5 1/2 hours to score 1,000 points.   Even the very highest ranked players rarely do better than 4 points per minute.  They are ranked where they are because they have been playing many hours a day ever since the game first came out.  No big secret there.

Moral of the story?  Don't believe everything people say on these boards.
I couldn't disagree more - last weekend I averaged more than 1,000 points per day without any problems... yet my SPM is derived from total number of points divided by total number of minutes played. Fact is there is no statistics that can show what was SPM of a player for a specific day... then you would see that maybe I am making close to 3SPM these days, but my stats are "crippled" by my former preformance... My guess is that if someone is making 4 spm on bf stats - he could be makign well over 6 SPM these days.

Of course no one should believe everything people say... this also applies to TV, press and stuff...

[suggestion] maybe there should be a statistical data showing actual spm for last played session?! The difference in both hours and points from previous sessions could be found and then these two figures devided just to show how a "real" spm is growing?! I think this kind of chart could be developed based on the existing data showed on BF2s....
CookieMonster117
+0|6634
I average 1000+ points most days now.  Just play a lot of Karkand and use medic or support.  Plus the occasional spawn camp with the tank or apc.

Last edited by CookieMonster117 (2006-02-27 01:59:27)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
i try to aim for 300 points a day starting now, and 700+ points on weekends and holidays
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
devilsreject
+0|6685
i average about 500 poins a day starting 5pm till midnight

sundays 1000/ ususally starting at 8am in the morning till about 9 pm at night average 1000-2000 if lucky
bingobones
+6|6725|London, UK
its not hard..i always play karkand or sharqi (mainly sharqi).....64 player maps....only maybe maximum 10v10....easy approx 200 points per hour...so if on a night free i play from 7pm till midnight i will easily get 1000 points...
name1ess
+8|6749|Newcastle, Aus.
i play as infantry mainly now and i average around 40 - 80 points per round, when i was goin 4 my last rank when i had a few thousand left to go i was aiming at getting 500 - 600 points per day, this was also while i was on holidays so i would play 4 a few hours...
devilsreject
+0|6685
best to do to gain points is set a total ex 50 points a game
play about 10 games at 50points a game a easy 500
if you make more a agme thats less you have to get next game
Binximus
+8|6652|Australia
armour whore and spawn rape like theres no tomorrow
KurtisMayfield
+1|6654
Who cares?

Points = time played, that is it. Time played /= skill.

There needs to be a power ranking.. take people's K ratio's, points per minute, team points, etc in account. Take rankings in Air, Armor, and infantry apart and give them a power ranking for each. Make it independent of total points and set a minimum amound of points and time to get ranked (such as 20,000 or 10,000).

For an example of a ranking system, see this:

http://www.gameslave.co.uk/bfleaderboard.cfm

This is not perfect, as you can see the man on the top is an armor whore who plays Karkland exclusively. Hey if I had 1000 hours to run around in a tank I might have that score too So he would be maybe tops of the armor board but in air and infantry he would be crap.

But the 2nd guy on the board looks overall like a great player. No it is not me!
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6709
I get on average 1,000-1,500 a day now days.. isnt hard. it's called medic whoring and getting 80+++ points/round   (I play on 32 man servers playing 64 maps)
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
sparklet
Banned
+34|6748|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i spawn camp
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752

sparklet wrote:

i spawn camp
Yeah, sometimes I spawn camp with grenades too.
bingobones
+6|6725|London, UK

TehMyke wrote:

I get on average 1,000-1,500 a day now days.. isnt hard. it's called medic whoring and getting 80+++ points/round   (I play on 32 man servers playing 64 maps)
tehmyke why is your death streak covered up / disappeared in ur sig????!!!!!
two-zero-sniper
+0|6637
u got good points being commander
||DH-Falcon2||
+0|6659|Hoogezand, The Netherlands
It's really easy to get 1000+ points a day.
Just play Karkand only, own with a tank/APC and play for 3/4 hours.
I did it last week and had a SPM of 8. I won every game a gold medal, 100+ ponits a game.
I actually own everytime I play, so usually I never play longer than 2-3 hours a day, just to give other people a chance to win a gold medal

PS Don't play as a commander, you won't score more than 3 points per minute. Just be a medic and you'll be fine.

Last edited by ||DH-Falcon2|| (2006-02-27 08:54:30)

TehMyke
8======D
+343|6709

bingobones wrote:

TehMyke wrote:

tehmyke why is your death streak covered up / disappeared in ur sig????!!!!!
being idle in a server when the other team decides to base rape = bad

Last edited by TehMyke (2006-02-27 08:55:31)

» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
KILLINGMEN
Banned
+0|6638
i have one one the 2.500points

http://bf2s.com/player/killigmen/
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6722|Toronto, ON, CAN

1234BGD wrote:

Fact is there is no statistics that can show what was SPM of a player for a specific day...
[suggestion] maybe there should be a statistical data showing actual spm for last played session?! The difference in both hours and points from previous sessions could be found and then these two figures devided just to show how a "real" spm is growing?! I think this kind of chart could be developed based on the existing data showed on BF2s....
You can collect this information for yourself pretty easily, as it is stored by Chuy on this website... look at the graphs once in a while, and you'll notice that you can have days that had little play time, and high points.

Here is an example of my SPM of yesterday:
I played for 1.1 hours (66 min) - this is from the total time played graph
I earned 155 global points in that time - from the scores graph

This means my SPM from yesterday alone was 2.34 (155/66 for the calculator challenged), even though my total SPM is 1.41 (I also had a rough start, going as Eng, without knowing about the blackhawk repair trick in the early days, so I was low scoring for hoofing it! ) =P

This can be done for any period as long as you check your stats on Chuy's lovely site daily.
By the way, if I continued playing yesterday, at that average, it would have taken 7 hours to get 1000...

My average for this month has been 1.633, in which I had some adjustments to gameplay (I was trying to get a specific badge, which decreased my K : D ratio for a bit).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard