Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
So yea... I woke up to these.  Some house did get flooded however but not mine thank god.  About 20mins south of my house however people were not so lucky.  A damn broke and around 10,000 people are without houses and 30,000 without electricity.  Nature can be so cruel...

Edit: Oh yea State Of Emergence was declared yesterday.

https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/SSPX0089.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/SSPX0090.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/SSPX0091.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/SSPX0092.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/SSPX0093.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/SSPX0094.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/SSPX0095.jpg

Last edited by Naturn (2008-06-08 15:47:15)

jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

lol wtf stilts
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6328|USA Biznatch!
Just got home from Indiana from my baseball tournament. Ahh, that rain was horrible ha, it rained out 2 of our games. Then it was pouring today on the way back home. Good luck .
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6180|Wisconsin
Yeah, I got hit by that storm, not quite as much as you though.
Brasso
+1,549|6631

how is that nature being cruel
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

haffeysucks wrote:

how is that nature being cruel
Just a figure of speech.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Nice neighborhood but yeah it sucks to have floods. Hopefully it gets better for ya. GL.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5975|England

that would be awesome so long as peoples houses + possessions were all k
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6180|Wisconsin
How deep is that pond?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

How deep is that pond?
Don't know but it has least tripled its depth after the rain.

All the rain water is dumped into those ponds.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
Your going to die
Brasso
+1,549|6631

i would try biking through that water actually, that'd be cool.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Here in Denmark we have had 0 rain in two months now :3
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
thats nothing, after hurricane wilma down here there were people in boats on the flooded airport. Halfway up a 12 foot fence surrounding the airport there was the seaweed line.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

judging by that drainage field looks like the neighborhood  was designed right
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Been thar done that. My old town flooded twice in the last ten years. My house is on high ground though. Canoeing to school was fun.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6180|Wisconsin

Flecco wrote:

Been thar done that. My old town flooded twice in the last ten years. My house is on high ground though. Canoeing to school was fun.
They didn't cancel school? That sucks...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Flecco wrote:

They didn't cancel school? That sucks...
For the two major ones yes, for the minor localised flooding that happened one year...... Nope. My road got cut off so out came the canoes. Was good fun though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5825
I remember once we had about 2 inches of rain in an hour (which isn't quite as much as 11 in 4) but it was enough to fill my street up to knee height.

It also filled in a hole in my backyard, filled it to the brim. We had a nice muddy swimming pool for about a week

Ahh that night was so
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Mattimus wrote:

I remember once we had about 2 inches of rain in an hour (which isn't quite as much as 11 in 4) but it was enough to fill my street up to knee height.

It also filled in a hole in my backyard, filled it to the brim. We had a nice muddy swimming pool for about a week

Ahh that night was so
Water up to your knees sounds like more that 2 inches of rain to me.
Madhadda1
+270|6546|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

ebug9 wrote:

Mattimus wrote:

Ahh that night was so
Im assuming youve never had a flood? Anyway water doesnt just stay in its place, gravity pulls it down to low points and two inch's of rain adds up quick. also, storms drains dump into rivers (or ponds/lakes), rivers swell and flood nearby land.  Dont underestimate water, two inch's doesnt seem like much, but like i said it adds up quick.

Anyway, im in the same position as the OP ATM.  We have had storms Everyday for the last two weeks and it will continue to do so for another week, great start to a summer right?  Although it has been storming so much, we have only had some tornados and i havnt really been affected by floods as you have, some of you may remember an f5 tornado stricking miles north of me.  The last major floods in my neighborhood were a couple years ago in my backyard, turning a stream and pond into a river about a football feild wide.  We had some fun earning money pushing people foolish enough to drive into flooded roads out. good times, good times
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Madhadda1 wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Mattimus wrote:

Ahh that night was so
Im assuming youve never had a flood? Anyway water doesnt just stay in its place, gravity pulls it down to low points and two inch's of rain adds up quick. also, storms drains dump into rivers (or ponds/lakes), rivers swell and flood nearby land.  Dont underestimate water, two inch's doesnt seem like much, but like i said it adds up quick.

Anyway, im in the same position as the OP ATM.  We have had storms Everyday for the last two weeks and it will continue to do so for another week, great start to a summer right?  Although it has been storming so much, we have only had some tornados and i havnt really been affected by floods as you have, some of you may remember an f5 tornado stricking miles north of me.  The last major floods in my neighborhood were a couple years ago in my backyard, turning a stream and pond into a river about a football feild wide.  We had some fun earning money pushing people foolish enough to drive into flooded roads out. good times, good times
Yeah...the most precipitation we've had here was 20 inches of snow in one day. We never get much rain.
Madhadda1

ebug9 wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Yeah...the most precipitation we've had here was 20 inches of snow in one day. We never get much rain.
want to trade? lol.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Madhadda1 wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

want to trade? lol.
No thanks. I like skiing
Madhadda1

ebug9 wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

want to trade? lol.
No thanks. I like skiing
hahaa, ok fine, i guess ill just have to stick to inner tubing down flooded rivers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard