VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California

kptk92 wrote:

Scratch[USA] wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

So this literally works for everyone but me and Pirate?
Damn thats shit.
Me too

DICE wrote:

We have just been reached by news from Sony in North America that they are running late with pushing the demo live. No ETA was provided...
Yeah, rEEE posted up a link to the blog where they were talking about it
I want now.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6789|Great Brown North
holy fucking lag spikes batman   jittery tanks ftl
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6312|The | Netherlands

Poseidon wrote:

FUCK YEAH! Corporal baby! I get a free unlock now when I play the full version. Damn, 2100 points...that's almost as much as I ever got in BF2 (3500 or something...didn't play too much). :S
lolz I stopped last night at 2000 points, I'll play some more today But will the stats from the demo stay for the full version, or just the unlocks?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

3lmo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

FUCK YEAH! Corporal baby! I get a free unlock now when I play the full version. Damn, 2100 points...that's almost as much as I ever got in BF2 (3500 or something...didn't play too much). :S
lolz I stopped last night at 2000 points, I'll play some more today But will the stats from the demo stay for the full version, or just the unlocks?
I know for sure that you get an unlock (from the Find All Five promotion) when your hit Rank 4, but I don't think your stats stay.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

Poseidon wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I know for sure that you get an unlock (from the Find All Five promotion) when your hit Rank 4, but I don't think your stats stay.
Yeah I think so, I got promoted this morning and I took the M16. What did you guize pick?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
I picked that life injection. The guns already do their job and the stats of the other guns aren't even that much different.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I picked that life injection. The guns already do their job and the stats of the other guns aren't even that much different.
I am talking about the unlock which you gain when you reach level 4. And yes different guns do make difference.
icecold2510
+31|6303
Finally got the damn update.  Downloading the demo now I might pick this game up if I have enough money from my birthday....
Scratch[USA]
+105|6557
Let me tell you how much I suck at console FPS.  HORRIBLE.
I downloaded and played for about 5 minutes.  No reaction yet, but i like what I see.
My last console FPS was . . . . Goldeneye on the N64.

Can i hook up a wireless keyboard and mouse to the PS3???

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2008-06-06 06:12:40)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Let me tell you how much I suck at console FPS.  HORRIBLE.
I downloaded and played for about 5 minutes.  No reaction yet, but i like what I see.
My last console FPS was . . . . Goldeneye on the N64.

Can i hook up a wireless keyboard and mouse to the PS3???
You can but it isnt going to do anything.  I find it hard to believe neither microsoft or sony have caught onto the extra revenue they could make from official keyboard and mouse that are binded to the controller keys.  As in W tied to right joystick up, you get the idea.

I'd pick one up.  I got over the ''zomg the controller is teh sux for fps'' but I cant help but think it be more enjoyable with a mouse and keyboard.  Owell

Martyn
yogi_is_bare
+8|5901|UK
whats unlocks have you people chosen and how good are they? i have only got the thing for recon whenre you can call in a laser guided bomb, theyn you have to control it your self kinda like a tv missile. its quite hard to hit infantry with it too
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6490|Purdue
I chose the M95, M16, and the Laser Designator for my unlocks. I <3 the M95 and Laser, but I kinda wish I hadn't gotten the M16. It's not much better than the defaults, just more accurate and more damage and it shoots a little slower. I find myself in so many situations with like 2 health left hiding behind a rock
Scratch[USA]
+105|6557

Bell wrote:

Scratch[USA] wrote:

You can but it isnt going to do anything.  I find it hard to believe neither microsoft or sony have caught onto the extra revenue they could make from official keyboard and mouse that are binded to the controller keys.  As in W tied to right joystick up, you get the idea.

Martyn
You would think that they would.  Sell a download that would allow you to do that.  Money.  Looks like I got to learn the controller or just wait for a PC version.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6422|Belgium
There won't be a PC version. Is it that hard to just adjust to the controller?

Last edited by FlemishHCmaniac (2008-06-06 06:51:14)

kptk92
u
+972|6418|tc_london

3lmo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Yeah I think so, I got promoted this morning and I took the M16. What did you guize pick?
No, the Find All Five unlock when you reach Rank 4 is an SMG, isn't it? To use in the full game?
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

There won't be a PC version. Is it that hard to just adjust to the controller?
No, it just doesnt flow as well as mouse and keyboard.  Often you are beaten in a fire fight not because u lack the ability to kill the guy, just that the joystick is too slow pull up to his head, joypads just dont give you that ability to adjust how sensitive you want to adjust your aim, slight incriments or do a full 360 in half a second :\.  Irritation more so than a problem tbh.

Martyn
K3rt6699
+70|6378
You can adjust the sensitivity in CoD4, on the 360, can you not do it in BC ? I can't try right now.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
I seem to remember I didn't like playing the Frontlines online demo because the controller was so limiting. It was impossible to spin around, go prone, aim with the iron sights and kill a guy within half a second.

I had no problem with the singleplayer demo, but once the multiplayer one came out I realised I wouldnt be buying it. No way.

I haven't played the BC demo yet (because of the way MS doesnt let silver users play new demos until about a week after they're out ). But I can bet i'll get as frustrated with BC as i did with frontlines.
icecold2510
+31|6303
The whole game was mass confusion for me.

I can't see shit on my 20" TV so I couldn't tell the difference between my guys and the enemy, nor could I make out the damn mini map...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
Oh yeah thats another thing that bugged me about the Frontlines demo. It was so difficult to see anything on an SD tv. The cluttered HUD didn't help.

Don't think i'll bother with BC.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

icecold2510 wrote:

I couldn't tell the difference between my guys and the enemy, nor could I make out the damn mini map...
Theres an element of truth in that.  I find it hard to distinguish between enemy and friendly, the gear looks fairly similar, and seems to change amid map?  To a sort of navy seals dark suit which looks like the enemy mec :\.  The fact the player name is ofset also means if you are confronted by a few people, its a bit hard to tell whos who.

Martyn
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

K3rt6699 wrote:

You can adjust the sensitivity in CoD4, on the 360, can you not do it in BC ? I can't try right now.
It's possible in the controller options.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6596
First Impressions after an 8 hour slog of a download

( After Downloading i found that the PS3 Network Settings had me down for a slow connection,they were wrong.I could have saved 7 hours of my time)

Very Good Game.Caught me by surprize.
Same sort of game as COD4.
Though the Conquest is deffly missing.

But Destroying Bulidings is fun!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

kptk92 wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

No, the Find All Five unlock when you reach Rank 4 is an SMG, isn't it? To use in the full game?
Yeah. The unlocks you get in the demo you will NOT get in the full game. You'll have to re-unlock them.

I just realized, I'll be getting 10 unlocks immediately from the release date since I ordered the Gold edition (and you need to get to rank 25 to get the tier of weapons Gold edition people get).
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California
https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/RedS13Coupe/100_0906.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard