Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
I have set up a source server in my house with an extra computer that BF2S can use. This means that though it costs nothing but the cost of electricity, it is still prone to some minor problems that we'll just have to deal with unless someone wants to pony up and buy a server, such as IP changes (haven't had one for months, but is still a possibility), power outages, etc. It shouldn't be that big of a problem, just contact me to restart it if  I don't know about it for some reason, but if I happened to not be around there might be some down time.

It is still a bit of a work in progress, I have only been working on it this weekend and will continue to work on it, but there is no reason people can't join up if they want a game. The biggest problems right now are it doesn't show up on the master server list so we won't have random people joining, and rcon can't be connected to. The latter isn't so bad because I have mani admin plugin set up and working, so we can still kick/ban if necessary.

If anyone has experience with mani admin/dedicated servers and wants to help me out it would be much appreciated.

It's on TF2 right now and DoD:S is installed, so I was thinking 2 weeks of TF2 and then 2 weeks of DoD:S to see which is more popular, and then go with that. There are no modifications on it right now besides mani, but they could be added in the future once all the important aspects are working.

So anyways if you want to join type

Code:

connect 71.170.169.170:27015
into the console and you should be good to go.

As far as I'm concerned Orangehound is the head admin, my friend and I also have admin, and we'll go from there as far as who frequents the server. We'll deal with that problem as we come to it, it shouldn't be a big deal right now since we won't have very many random people joining.

woooooo US got a TF2 server first, at least kinda
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Yikes! I never saw this thread. BF2S:US isn't exactly the most popular section This should be an announcement!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

kylef wrote:

Yikes! I never saw this thread. BF2S:US isn't exactly the most popular section This should be an announcement!
Yeah, but I cannot connect to it ...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

OrangeHound wrote:

kylef wrote:

So it's still EU > US.

Thank god.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

OrangeHound wrote:

kylef wrote:

Do you get an error? I'll try later today.
OrangeHound

kylef wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

kylef wrote:

Do you get an error? I'll try later today.
When this was first started, I was working with FM to connect and manage the server, but I couldn't get past his firewall/router to enter the server.

Anyway, I'm waiting on a certain "front page" to be finished ... once done, I'm going to see if I can acquire pro bono TF2 and DoD:S servers in Virginia.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

What are the actual system requirements for a TF2 server?  Perhaps I could run a backup (I have a couple extra computers lying around).
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
OrangeHound

haffeysucks wrote:

What are the actual system requirements for a TF2 server?  Perhaps I could run a backup (I have a couple extra computers lying around).
Here's a tutorial (yeah, I know it is CS, but TF2 works off the same engine):
http://www.cstrike-planet.com/tutorial/1
Brasso
+1,549|6600

OrangeHound wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Hmm, if I add some RAM I could probably do it.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

haffeysucks wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

The biggest limitation is your internet access, unless you really don't have much RAM.

As Orangehound said, he can't connect to the server and I believe it's linked to the problem of it not showing up on the master server list. My school ends a week from tomorrow, and then that problem will be my first job.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

The biggest limitation is your internet access, unless you really don't have much RAM.

As Orangehound said, he can't connect to the server and I believe it's linked to the problem of it not showing up on the master server list. My school ends a week from tomorrow, and then that problem will be my first job.
1.8 Mb up

don't know what's given to us by Cablevision, but that's what I get on SpeedTest.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard