CameronPoe
+2,925|6564
What is the best book, fictional or factual, that you have ever read? Please state only one and give your reasons...
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5836
Probably To Kill A Mockingbird.

Brilliant on so many levels.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6818|Nårvei

Ken Follet - World without end (fictional)

It's an independent follow up after his previos novel Pillars of the earth - World without end is 1100 pages of pure enjoyment, set in England during the start of 1300 and some 60 years ahead ... the plots, the scenario and the characters are very intelligently sewed together - this is the kind of book you really don't want to end but just continue for another 1000 pages
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
Pls don't say 1984, it's overrated.

Mine would be The Journeyer by Gary Jennings, a novel about Marco Polo and his travel to the court of Kubilai Khan.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5870
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6852|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK

rammunition wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/51-Documents-Zionist-Collaboration-Nazis/dp/1569802351/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211200528&sr=8-1

truly awesome book
So...how did you escape?

on topic....I don't read...anyone else like me?! I think i may be in a minority here...

Last edited by m3thod (2008-05-19 05:46:45)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85
Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card, part of the Ender's Game series.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6681|A sunburnt country
Flight of the Intruder by Stephen Coonts.  It was a pity the movie sucked goats ballz.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Hard to say, don't often read any super well known books, specifically those that aren't a story.

One of Chris Ryan's maybe.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

VspyVspy wrote:

Flight of the Intruder by Stephen Coonts.  It was a pity the movie sucked goats ballz.
I read the book, and I liked the movie.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-05-19 05:59:58)

jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

catcher in the rye
PureFodder
+225|6294
Manufacturing Consent - Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky.

You'll never watch the news or read a paper in the same way again.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Gangs of New York by Herbert Asbury
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5836
Isn't it funny how (so far) there have been about 14 people replying, and all are intelligent (to varying degrees), and many have similar values, yet there hasn't been the same book mentioned twice.
robcr9
+111|5989
"A Child Called It"

David Pelzer.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Isn't it funny how (so far) there have been about 14 people replying, and all are intelligent (to varying degrees), and many have similar values, yet there hasn't been the same book mentioned twice.
I actually thought of To Kill A Mockingbird but you had already mentioned it. Lord of the Flies is also up there, but I consider those books a given .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Brasso
+1,549|6639

Kmarion wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

I actually thought of To Kill A Mockingbird but you had already mentioned it. Lord of the Flies is also up there, but I consider those books a given .
to kill, lord of the flies, and catcher are all great.  fahrenheit 451 too.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6165|Anaheim, Mexifornia

jsnipy wrote:

catcher in the rye
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5836

haffeysucks wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

to kill, lord of the flies, and catcher are all great.  fahrenheit 451 too.
Haven't read the last three of those.

Almost read the Lord of the Flies when I was younger, but my mum wouldn't let me.

Catcher in the Rye I've never really wanted to read, and only rarely heard mentioned (perhaps it's an American thing?).

Fahrenheit 451 I've been meaning to read.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6658
I love Tom Sharpe's books.

They are hysterically funny. Wilt was hilarious.

https://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n16/n81216.jpg
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6526|USA
Lone Survivor

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2008-05-19 07:21:49)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

What is the best book, fictional or factual, that you have ever read? Please state only one and give your reasons...
The Stand by Stephen King.

It is perfection.
too_money2007
+145|6317|Keller, Tx
https://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/c0/c3442.jpg

Nothing compares out of the books that I've read with the story of Lestat and the other Vampires. I'm not sure how you all feel about Anne Rice, but I've read the series twice, which is quite a task for my ADD ass, and pray a real movie will be made (Interview with the Vampire was amazing!).

https://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n4/n24480.jpg

If I could actually finish it, I'm sure that Don Quixote would take the spot for favorite. I'm halfway through and it's been like a year or two since I've picked it up. I don't want to start from the beginning, but the stories are very entertaining and it feels like I'm actually reading something worth reading.
syndicat111
+39|6687|UK
Harry Potter

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard