wh1pp1ngboy
+1|6663|Columbia, SC
Anyone else notice that the toob is useless now? 

They've reduced the blast radius so much that the idea of taking out multiple infantry is a joke, and I'm not sure what they were thinking with that minimum arming range thingy.

So my solution is very simple:

-Reset blast radius and damage(?)
-Extend arming range out to about fifteen feet
-If it strikes ANYTHING before that is DOES NOT EXPLODE. Period.

I think that would stop people from using it as a close combat weapon (a grenade launcher should not be used for room clearing), but still leave it an effective weapon vs mass infantry and light vehicles.

Just my two cents
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6830|Denver colorado
no. its good. learn to use it now.
General_Anabolic
+0|6770|Washington, USA
I agree.  The assault class is worthless now considering the support guns are stronger with more ammo.  The grenade launcher is now almost worthless too.  I became a VERY good shot with it at a distance and almost never used it at very close range.  However with the severe reduction in damage and blast radium you have to be dead on exactly almost to get the kill.  The assault class should be the most powerful fighting class and main class people use for combat.  Now if I want the best combat class I choose support.  The dumbed down grenade launcher is not worth stop the occasional noobtuber IMO.
Janysc
+59|6684|Norway
Concur. A 1.2-bitcher made a video with a lot of stupid and little note-worthy complaints, but one of them, the only one, was "teh nubb tubb is stilll useful!". He then demonstrated by shooting a sniper with it before he got wacked. It's long-range as it is. Still useful.
banndontv
+-1|6748
the solution is quite simple.

unlock the PKM.  there ya go little fella
Dr_3V|L
+51|6726|Twente, The Netherlands
Nailed many guys with the assault kit on karkand today... I think you guys shouldn't complain about the assault kit. The slowed effect of the explosion is strange, however.
And the PKM is ridiculusly strong indeed
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
I think the grenade launcher is fine now, maybe slightly underpowered, but the first time I used it I forgot I was even playing under 1.2. The first time i noticed it was when I launched a grenade but before it left the tube, I started lagging and went behind a wall. I went oh great, now I'm gonna kill myself launching a nade against the wall, but I didn't die. Took me a bit before I realized it bounced. I think the problems lies with the support class. I have played with it some, and it was unbelieveably accurate. I can't count the number of people i killed standing up, walking, not zoomed. Its power was good, no one ever complained, but its stupid now that its so accurate. It was fine before, I never heard anyone complaining, they just went in messing with everything so that now support is the big powerhouse. Why not go ahead and give them a medbag and shock paddles too, as long as we're eliminating the need for classes. Heck, put a scope on it and there's another class down!
Ugaminor
+21|6674
I disagree.  The toob is still very useful at range and against light vehicles.  In fact I find the arming time useful as it allows you to launch a nade against a wall and riccochet around a corner, very useful on many of the maps.

Last edited by Ugaminor (2006-02-24 16:48:40)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

If the timer was increased it would be harder to take out enemy buggys. That's what I use the n00b-tube for, and It had me worried that I wouldn't be able to wait quite as long for my enemy to drive closer and them blast them.

How frustrating would it be to fire something that dosn't explode. Having it bounce is fine, and still makes it good for clearing out rooms.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pdanrichey
+5|6808
The PKM...now gay because I have been sniped with it.  Obviously I enjoy using it...but being able to snipe with it was not its intention. 
I've also used the GL and tried to shoot trucks driving at me...they'll freaking bounce off the vehicle and I get killed.  That's stupid.  If the dang thing hits something, it should blow up (like it does in real life).  My speciality when I was using it a lot was to run, jump and fire.  Now, I can't even do that.  Boooourns to you EA!!!
Ion
+0|6641
I still get wasted by idiots who run the entire map with this - I see no difference

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard