maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
there different kind of sniper is this game, some sniper like to defend a flag, others camp an enemy flag and kill all the enemies that respawn, some others like to be in the middle of the action just a couple of meters from the enemy, other just go far away and kill from a safe distance and the ones who like to give fire support to their squad teammates, if you have a particular way to play as sniper you can add it.

my FAVORITE way to play as sniper is being next to the HOT spots just around 100 mts or even closer, i like to do this because my enemies get really piss when they see me before i kill them, and they always comeback for some more (even get the whole arty just for me)
but sometimes i like to go from place to place all stealthy and kill a couple of guys and then disapear again
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

PKM about 100 meters away from flags.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle
I like to spam claymores everywhere
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6694|San Francisco
I try to be a useful sniper, both defending an important flag from a hidden vantage point, giving long-range support to ground troops attacking another flag, and being a scout.
I kept getting my own personal artillery attack last night on Wake Island...I hid myself pretty well in the grassy hills next to Beach and kept killing the guys spawning at the South Base.  I probably had about a 6-8:1 k/d ratio until the commander finally nailed me.
asbad
+19|6721|Ireland
i used to be the sniper 1000m away, well really far away, dunno bout distance.

Im now becoming like the guy above me^
Constantly Planting claymores around enemy base, hoping to get the vet-explosives badge
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

My favorite on special forces on warlord.....get on a roof with a pkm near the "parachute dropzone spawn" and just pick off the paratroopers as they float helplessly to earth.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

i like hunting.

a squad going for suburb i see? take out last guy, medic goes running back, i get him, order priority targets, go for medics first, then the leader, then support
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778

Marconius wrote:

I try to be a useful sniper, both defending an important flag from a hidden vantage point, giving long-range support to ground troops attacking another flag, and being a scout.
I kept getting my own personal artillery attack last night on Wake Island...I hid myself pretty well in the grassy hills next to Beach and kept killing the guys spawning at the South Base.  I probably had about a 6-8:1 k/d ratio until the commander finally nailed me.
^^^ nice
the other day i killed 17 guys at the city entrance, they didn't see it coming, well until an assaul guy went prone next to me and started shooting a tank with his rifle(wtf this guy was thinking?) i had 0 deaths untill then, but i keep doing a good round after that insident
most of my arty strike i have recieve had been on oman
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
im the type of sniper who moves around alot and helps my team.e.g on mashturr il go up the ladders near the backyard and protest the flag at the backyard,while i do this i pick off targets in the mosque until my team caps the flag,then il parachute down and head towards the hotel .
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
I'm mainly Assault, but sometimes I'll wip out the good ol sniper rifle. 

I like to do long-range/mid range sniping, you know, squad support. 

I am also the sneaky bastard noob who SOMEHOW got onto your carrier without being noticed and popped you between the eyes when you were just about to take off in your F-35b..... MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6652
I usually don't like sniping spawn points, I view that kind of behaviour as unskilled noobery of the highest order.

I typically prefer long to medium range counter-sniping, aka sniper hunting as a sniper. I also enjoy shooting pilots out of helicopters midflight with the M95 (something which i'm doing with increased frequency I proudly add). At the moment i'm trying to get used to using the L96, i'd gotten used to the M95 especially with max range (just at the very edge of the draw distance) sniping and hitting moving targets at range too. Before with the M95 I could usually hit somebody running but with the L96 i'm having to get used to that now.

That said, I will happily act as a spotter for my side if they're trying to capture a flag. Focusing on telling them where enemy troops are rather than trying to kill them, although if a target makes itself appealing I will take it.
xaven
+25|6733|Berlin
Im a pistol sniper. sometimes I try to snipe with my knife.

but serious, I try to get a position where I can see at least 2 flags, but lately I snipe not that often...
RDMC_old
+0|6736|Almere, Holland
I like to be on Wake lying in some bush where nobody sees me and just pick them off one by one from some distance and then when they close in and saw me to run and leave and clay.. get to a save distance and seeying the guy who spotted me being blown up by my clay
uk_japeye
+10|6715|UK
im a shite sniper, carnt hit a barn door from 5 meters.....
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
Quadroople post Monkeyslayer   good job

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-02-24 15:54:45)

silentsin
+3|6698
I'm a support/spotter sniper. I am usually off on some building, hill or crane sniping the enemies that get close to my teammates while also reporting all the enemies I see to help the team kick ass. But if an enemy starts sniping, I find him and snipe him and if I can't find him, I'll wander around the map with an assualt rifle and put some holes in him .

Last edited by silentsin (2006-02-24 15:58:38)

killaer
+41|6718
I go over at an enemy flag, and camp out there. I don't need your shit and crying on "OMG U NOOBY PANTS JOO CAMPAR LOL" It's a legit way of getting kills, is it not? And I take out the enemies on the rooftops caming OUR flags.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6652

Spearhead wrote:

Quadroople post Monkeyslayer   good job
Yeah, noticed that... oddly they all have the same id number. I think it's a bf2s problem.
I only pressed the submit button once.
ssonrats
+221|6645
Alot of the plane whores are using the m95, which i thought was a bit odd at first then i realized that they were using it as backup just in case someone takes "their plane" off them.lol
kingkong777
+-1|6669
i'm a 20 headshots, 10 claymore and 5 pistol kills before i die sniper

i'm not even joking :p
ssonrats
+221|6645
Alot of the plane whores are using the m95, which i thought was a bit odd at first then i realized that they were using it as backup just in case someone takes "their plane" off them.lol
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands
Well, I don't snipe much. But if I do, I start sniping at long range. But then I get the rambo feeling. Like somehow I need to get closer to my enemies. So From long range, I end up to mid-range. If I survive it gets short-range with grenade spamming and claymores. And if I survive that I get the kit from the guy I killed and the sniper party is over
Stanners_UK-NI
+1|6668
im an altitude sniper, roof tops and hills

in mastuur city there are good roofs, my favorite place though is sharqi peninsular, ... i can cover 3 flags, and 2 far away
Psychosis
+1|6648|Virginia
I usually move with the squad, pretty much using the rest of the team to draw out and  occupy the enemy and then dealing out a head shot. On certain maps though, Ill go out on my own as an intimidation factor, usually behind enemy lines, acting as the bird dog and flushing out covered targets.
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6648|Under the River
I go for the headshots even if they are moving I get more kill w/ sniper than I used to do with other kits

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard