Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

http://www.petitiononline.com/ipodrip/petition.html

Even if you don't have an iPod touch, please sign this. My reasoning is on the page, so just take a look at it.

Thanks!
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

I'm not signing it, if you care so much then buy an iphone

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-05-13 17:37:51)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5953|Washington DC
Do they have any links supporting this rumor? It seems odd that they'd only charge for one product.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5923|Somewhere out in Space
lolol /other-c-word.
Ryan

HurricaИe wrote:

Do they have any links supporting this rumor? It seems odd that they'd only charge for one product.
If you search for iPod June Upgrade, there are a bunch of articles saying that it will be free for iPhone users, but not iPod Touch users.
I bought their damn upgrade for $20 in January, and I don't want to do it again. I doubt this petition will prove useful, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-05-13 17:40:41)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

What?! Apple fucking over it's userbase once again?! Say it isn't so!

EDIT: It's probably to keep the guys happy that they shafted when they dropped the price of the iPhone 200 bucks.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2008-05-13 17:42:29)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6186|Schofield Barracks
im number 5
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6624

I signed it, but I didn't read the reason

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

im number 5
Hence the Maguire, never would have guessed.

Last edited by Gooners (2008-05-13 18:00:48)

Ryan

Gooners wrote:

Basically, for the second time in a row, Apple is releasing upgrades for the iPod Touch and iPhone, but iPod Touch users have to pay for it, and iPhone users don't.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

im number 5
im number 3
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California
im number 7
I own a IPhone so I can't complain, but i'll help with the cause.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

signed, even though idc seeing as it'll be given to the jailbroken community almost immediately anyway.  it's just a pain in the ass.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
i g
Banned
+876|5856|GA

done
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

I haven't bothered with the Jan upgrade, and won't likely bother with the June upgrade. It plays my music, does wifi, etc. Could really give a shit about the stuff in the Jan upgrade, tbh.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6563|USA
i'm not signing it because according to your petition the iPod owns something.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California

Ryan wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Basically, for the second time in a row, Apple is releasing upgrades for the iPod Touch and iPhone, but iPod Touch users have to pay for it, and iPhone users don't.
Well...Your I-pod touch isn't a cell phone. It doesn't have to work with apples network and coding to maintain functionality, it is a stand alone unit that has wifi and a browser....I can see where the need to update one is mandatory and the other is optional.

Where in official apple documents does it state that free updates will be available for your device? Apple doesn't owe you anything other then what you bought, and if you didn't do you research before making a purchase as large as that its your own fault.

If you don't like it don't buy Apple...
Tetn1s
+59|6634|Los Angeles
You didn't know apple was money hungry? Well now you know.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
Apple ripping off their customers with their products... how can anyone really be THAT surprised?

Come on now.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York
signed. Number 17 ftw?
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6756|mansfield
Lol 17 signatures , yeah your really gonna get them to change their minds
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

lulz, I have the 2.0 firmware (the update you speak of) beta on my iPod Touch. For free

moral of the story: warez/torrents = solution to everything.

Last edited by Jenspm (2008-05-14 06:06:59)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Serves you right for buying a stupid iPod/Mac Product. When you know there are better MP3 players out there that don't require you to do stupid shit such as use iTunes/Sync the damn MP3 player etc..

For example. My Phone. All I have to do is plug in the USB and copy and paste music into the folder. Who needs an iWhatever
Ryan

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

Lol 17 signatures , yeah your really gonna get them to change their minds
It's only been up for a day.
I found a stupid Neopets petition with 1500 signatures
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Serves you right for buying a stupid iPod/Mac Product. When you know there are better MP3 players out there that don't require you to do stupid shit such as use iTunes/Sync the damn MP3 player etc..

For example. My Phone. All I have to do is plug in the USB and copy and paste music into the folder. Who needs an iWhatever
BUT ALL THE OTHER KIDS HAVE THEM!
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard