+506|6137|Scotland!

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Sorry, but you're an idiot. No offense.
POT KETTLE BLACK WHAT?
tupla_s
+455|6597|Finland

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

80% sure i seen the right thing, and its plugged into the mother board. If thats what you mean.
yes thats right, but i belive it should also have a power supply lead that will go into a 4 pin socket, or vice versa
There's no such thing in 7600gt, at least I don't have a power connector in it. It's for higher end cards that need more juice
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6848|Reykjavík, Iceland.

tupla_s wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

80% sure i seen the right thing, and its plugged into the mother board. If thats what you mean.
yes thats right, but i belive it should also have a power supply lead that will go into a 4 pin socket, or vice versa
There's no such thing in 7600gt, at least I don't have a power connector in it. It's for higher end cards that need more juice
This man speaks the truth, 7600GT uses only mobo juice.

I had a similar system before my current one and it could easily run BF2 with medium/high settings.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6683|In You Endo- Stoke
I have exactly the same computer with a better G card(8800gt) and its runs everything fine...
It bottlenecks but apart from that it runs everything fine.

Plus my laptop runs bf2 and wow fine,ok bf2 on low settings but thats a 6800 GO and 1gb of ram.

Is it completely wiped apart from windows?
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6137|Carnoustie, Scotland

PBAsydney wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

I had a similar system before my current one and it could easily run BF2 with medium/high settings.
Talking shite, my 7600GT has a power plug on it. Pix if you don't believe me.
EDIT: I have pretty much the same rig, can run BF2 at high and CoD4 at med/high and Crysis at low.
EDIT2: Infact I have the exact same rig. Small world, huh.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-05-02 11:02:18)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Funky_Finny wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

EDIT: I have pretty much the same rig, can run BF2 at high and CoD4 at med/high and Crysis at low.
That's because you're on ancient AGP.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Funky_Finny
Banned

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

That's because you're on ancient AGP.
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6656|United States
You should be able to play wow, bf2 and css on high settings.

I've had

AMD 3200 2.3ghz
geforce 6600gt 128mb
1.5 gb ram
200gb hard drive

and I was able to play battlefield 2 on med/high and css on high.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6443
Why do you assholes come on here to talk shit.  Just either help him, or stay out of it.  God, I swear giving little kids computers is just not a good idea.  You kids are way too young to have inferiority complexes already.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-05-02 11:22:14)

ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6366|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Why do you assholes come on here to talk shit.  Just either help him, or stay out of it.  God, I swear giving little kids computers is just not a good idea.  You kids are way too young to have inferiority complexes already.
settle down buddy, most of us are trying to help him, i don't see you contributing anything to this thread. 

btw
make sure your graphic settings on bf2 arent set all the way to high
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473

Freezer7Pro wrote:

If you pay more than $200 for a PC that can't run BF2 you need to die. A $600 PC should be able to run much more advanced games if you do it right.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6546|Washington
Low level format hard drive.
Reset your Bios to default.
Reinstall Windows.
Get all your updates.
Adjust your Bios correctly.
Install BF2 and play.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK

Funky_Finny wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

had to go to work, i have the same, yes old but he didnt say if it was AGP, PCI or PCI/E so was trying to be as helpfull as i could. and btw mine need extra juice from a seperate power supply, NEED NEW PC
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6360|England - Kent
Honestly?
Take it back and try and build one you're self (Ask the tech team for advice or read the guides posted in tech).
If you can't ask one of the guys round here to quote you on a good one for that price prebuilt.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

had to go to work, i have the same, yes old but he didnt say if it was AGP, PCI or PCI/E so was trying to be as helpfull as i could. and btw mine need extra juice from a seperate power supply, NEED NEW PC
PCI video card?

lololololololol

But seriously.

lol.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6397|Southern California

PBAsydney wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

PCI video card?

lololololololol

But seriously.

lol.
They kick ass if you just want a second moniter :gotme
I bought my dad a PCI card, and got top of the line for something like $50...You can easily pick one up for like $15.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

VicktorVauhn wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

PCI video card?

lololololololol

But seriously.

lol.
They kick ass if you just want a second moniter :gotme
I bought my dad a PCI card, and got top of the line for something like $50...You can easily pick one up for like $15.
tbh:
https://www.hardinfo.dk/art/site/pic/video/graphiccard/gainwardbliss_geforce8800gtx/gainwardbliss8800gtxlille.jpg

Even my old 7600GT had two DVI outputs.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6329|New Haven, CT

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

If you pay more than $200 for a PC that can't run BF2 you need to die. A $600 PC should be able to run much more advanced games if you do it right.
His hardware can....read the thread before you make arrogant comments that, if wrong, make you look hopelessly idiotic as well.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6397|Southern California
^Is that card 15 dollars?

Besides random comsumer grade computers don't necessarily have a PCI-E port, or AGP...thats the actual reason we went pci. Why pay/buy more then you need when you will never ever use it?

God damn, I just realized I used similey code from the other forum I frequent...
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5941|CANADA
Mah spex:
2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel
3 GB of memory (got it free from 2, <3 HP)
500 GB Hard Drive
8800 GTS NVidia
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6725|Scotland

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

save up for a car instead.

I got one of these for like £400

https://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/ajwebster/pics/car_cinquecento.gif

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6468|A W S M F O X

The_Lance_117 wrote:

Mah spex:
2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel
500 GB Hard Drive
8800 GTS NVidia
Because this is clearly important/relevant.
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6153|Estonia
600$ damn that was damn bad purchase
+1 for good work

Last edited by Markooo*Est (2008-05-03 03:13:09)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6771|Cambridge (UK)
OP: Your PC should run BF2/CS:S/WoW just fine - summat's screwy with it.

First up, did it come all set-up for you, with windows pre-installed?

If so, do the following:

1. Reset BIOS.
2. Format hard drive (can be done during next step).
3. Install Windows (get it to format install partition).
4. DEFRAG.
5. Install all LATEST drivers for hardware.
6. DEFRAG.
7. Update Windows.
8. DEFRAG.
9. Install games.
10. DEFRAG.
11. Enjoy, hopefully.

If this doesn't work, then summat's up with the hardware - take it back and demand a refund.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-05-03 03:14:22)

Funky_Finny
Banned

The_Lance_117 wrote:

Mah spex:
2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel
500 GB Hard Drive
8800 GTS NVidia
Bitch you're like four, you don't need that power. Hand it over.........

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard