Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
So where is the beta already!!!

Besides BF was a great game.  It laid the foundation for 2142 in the sense of what works and what don't.  I think DICE did a great job on both games but like all old things its almost time to put BF2/2142 down.(BF3 is coming.)  Guys if you really want to complain the be heard complain to EA/DICE about make BF3 right the first time.  We don't large patches for fixes.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5932|Somewhere out in Space

r2zoo wrote:

Bf2 died when 2142 came out
So why is there on average 5 times the active servers on BF2 at any given time?

Next time research your facts before you look like an even bigger idiot.
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

r2zoo wrote:

BF2 is 4th most played game (after WoW, CS and CoD4) and you say it is dead?  You're an idiot.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6408|Somersetshire
i want the patch now lol
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

Before you start throwing around names, I was refering to developer support.  I played BFV right up until BF2, once BF2 came out all support for BFV died off entirely.  They were suppsoed to be featured something on the BFV and it was just ditched.  Same thing has happened to BF2, 2142 released and BF2 was shoved aside.  I doubt there will be anything beyond this latest patch, for 2142.

Besides that, yes I know Bf2 is still one of the most played games, but it lists it by hours played on xfire, which isnt always truthful to actual players playing.  Bf2 is dying, only thing thats kept it and 2142 from declining faster is the stats system.  But it pointless, I can argue the fact that Bf2 is dying all I want, im still an "idoit" to all those obssesed with a nearly 3 year old game.

Prove to me that servers and player havent been dropping off in the past few months, and then ill admit Bf2 is dying, until then...

I hate fanboys

On topic: May have to reinstall 2142 for this patch, should it ever actually get released.  Ever since getting max rank and other games, havent had much of a reason to play.

Last edited by r2zoo (2008-05-01 00:00:55)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
BF2 isn't necessarily dead to support. Each game has 2 DICE guys assigned to it, and the 2 for 2142 managed to make this patch and support those 2 custom maps. It can still happen with BF2.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-05-01 02:53:00)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5996

r2zoo wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

Before you start throwing around names, I was refering to developer support.  I played BFV right up until BF2, once BF2 came out all support for BFV died off entirely.  They were suppsoed to be featured something on the BFV and it was just ditched.  Same thing has happened to BF2, 2142 released and BF2 was shoved aside.  I doubt there will be anything beyond this latest patch, for 2142.

Besides that, yes I know Bf2 is still one of the most played games, but it lists it by hours played on xfire, which isnt always truthful to actual players playing.  Bf2 is dying, only thing thats kept it and 2142 from declining faster is the stats system.  But it pointless, I can argue the fact that Bf2 is dying all I want, im still an "idoit" to all those obssesed with a nearly 3 year old game.

Prove to me that servers and player havent been dropping off in the past few months, and then ill admit Bf2 is dying, until then...

I hate fanboys

On topic: May have to reinstall 2142 for this patch, should it ever actually get released.  Ever since getting max rank and other games, havent had much of a reason to play.
Yeah, it isn't always truthful, but it's clear as fucking crystal that BF2 is played way more than BF2142. A game doesn't die out with dev support, it dies when players get bored, and BF2 after 1500 hours for me, is still VERY fun.
martinez
+5|5981|Worcester, MA
my dream had come tru on a new patch of a bf franchise
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436

r2zoo wrote:

I hate fanboys

Ok, here's some stats for you that aren't Xfire
http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

And the reason BF2142 players moan less is because they didn't have anything good in the first place to want back.
Benzin
+576|5999
I rather enjoy BF2142 more than BF2 in most cases. More ... variety ... in how you can get things done. Plus, the support kit in BF2142 is the absolute shit. I love it.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2008-05-01 14:01:31)

Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas
Wow, an actual update for their old game, which was panned? Makes me want to get the game from a library.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6408|Somersetshire
i wonder if it's possible for people to talk about 2142 without these so called "bf2 fanboys" starting an argument about which game has a bigger e-penis
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6244|TEXAS

Tehremos wrote:

i wonder if it's possible for people to talk about 2142 without these so called "bf2 fanboys" starting an argument about which game has a bigger e-penis
Guess not since people like noobkilla and Co. can't go the fuck away I mean for fucks sake if you dont like 2142 THEN GO AWAY and post on bernadictus' "I hate 2142" thread.

Last edited by eaglecorps (2008-05-02 09:29:36)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

lol, fanboys.
Liking a game more than another automatically makes you a fanboy.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6408|Somersetshire

Fat_Swinub wrote:

lol, fanboys.
Fanboy     

1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.
2. A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys

Tehremos wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

lol, fanboys.
Fanboy     

1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.
2. A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.

both of them suck.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Nah, i just prefer that people look up the statistics they are quoting, especially if it's incorrect.  I have enough of this distorted bullshit in my life already, dont fucking bring it to these forums, i will have no patience for you.

eaglecorps wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

Guess not since people like noobkilla and Co. can't go the fuck away I mean for fucks sake if you dont like 2142 THEN GO AWAY and post on bernadictus' "I hate 2142" thread.

I honestly wonder why i venture into the game boards, given the severe lack of maturity that is present in its inhabitants.  I think it's because i am destined to give them all a virtual whack upside the head if the forums are to be saved in time for trackr, so that is what i shall do. 

Your ever constant naivety ceases to amaze me.  If you ever took your head out of your ass you would have seen in other posts that i appreciate the gameplay of 2142 and in fact i play it more than BF2 currently.  I would like to say more, but in doing so i would only be flaming and in turn lowering myself to this forums level, and nothing good will come out of it.

Tehremos wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

lol, fanboys.
Fanboy     

like this?

Tehremos wrote:

Benzin
+576|5999
Noob, get off your high horse of forum superiority. You're not a mod, you're not an admin, and you have no BF2S site tag on your username. Get off it. Leave it to the people that have been chosen to help make the forums good and work and be done with it. If you don't play 2142, GTFO. Regardless of whether his facts are wrong or not is irrelevant. You don't even play the game. Go back to the BF2 section and stay there, OK?

Shit, I hardly ever post in either section and it seems every time that I come into the 2142 to see what the news is on it or see if anyone has anything insightful about the game, I have to wade through this fucking e-bitching. It's not just you perpetuating, but your sheets sure as hell are no where near being clean in this subject.

Up until now, I've ignored it. But I'll say this and leave it at that (because I also am not an admin or a mod or whatever, just a guy): SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5984|Perth, Australia
Not to take sides or anything, but you might want to read his post before commenting on it CapnNismo.

He said that he currently plays more 2142 then bf2 and appreciates the gameplay.

On topic: Who reckons their attempt to allow greater pod maneuverability (ooo big word) will make pod surfing worse???
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6295|Malaysia
Give minor pod movement for SLSB spawn beacons (so you don't get camped when spawning on it). IMHO it won't really make pod surfing worse.

That's all that's needed to be done for now but then again.....
Benzin
+576|5999
Nah, I think the beacons should be left alone for the most part. But there has to be a way to combat pod surfing. Like folks that do it, PB can automatically detect it and kick them. You know what I mean? I mean, there is no way a unit can travel across a map that fast. I think a simple "if speed > ###, then KICK"

Well if that's the case, then all Noob needs to do is stop acting like it is his divine destiny to regulate the forums.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
/sarcasm
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
Can we please stop arguing for no reason.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6133|Carnoustie, Scotland
Is it released yet?
Benzin
+576|5999
Not sure. I haven't gotten any notification in-game at all ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard