M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

I have been since September working on a BF2 movie, split into three episodes totalling roughly 30mins each, the bulk of the work is done i.e filming. But recently I have been unable to complete for several reasons,

A) Lack of people who will regularly return to help out (biggest problem of all).
B) In order to fully complete, those participating need modded maps, to which so far hardly any have dl.
C) Modded maps need to be placed onto a server, which has never been done.

So I'm making one last final request, I want this movie completed as much as the next person and anyone who worked on it. But that will not happen unless I get some good numbers of people, and the requirements of these people are as follows,

- will come back more than once to help out
- will not complain if they have to wait 5 minutes to do something
- will not start shooting everything in their vicinity the second they get the chance
- will not act like an idiot
- will turn up to the filming session if they said they would and not play something else instead without informing me
- will not cause friction amongst others in the session leading to people to leave and not return
- will not say 'I want to be in this put me down' and then disappear from the face of the planet
- must dl any maps required to complete the movie with and not question the fact that modded maps have to be used

This is the last thread I will make asking for help, so I'll make it clear, post only if you have full intentions of helping out and doing it more than once.

Filming will more than often occur on a Saturday specified by me around 19:00GMT or 20:00GMT. People who wish to participate must check this thread for times. If you apply but are unable to make it, PM me rather than leaving me in the dark and not knowing what happened.

Anyone who decides they'll be the funny guy and shoot out of turn, mess around or generally be irritating, will be kicked once without warning and if they persist will be banned and have their name removed from the credits.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6491
If you want me to I can help out, especially if its saturday at those times.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6483
I'm in.
Chris
Replaced with VividSynergy account
+1|5981
I can do it.  Can you post your Xfire?

Last edited by Chris (2008-04-22 15:43:19)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

My xfire is moab23
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6483
Fallschirmjäger:w
Fallschirmjäger:t
Fallschirmjäger:f
.: i seen your post on BF2s movie section
.: I
And another thousand of them, lolwut?

Last edited by Fallschirmjager10 (2008-04-22 16:07:17)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

There will be a filming session this Saturday evening at 20:00GMT, map will be Daqing where I shall require minimum 10 men. All work will take place on the USMC team and will involve two humvees holding 7 men between them travelling to the US town flag.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6292
I'll try my very best to help out .

I'm sorry, i've not done anything to do with this for ages.

Unless something unexpected comes up, I will show up.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5959|CANADA
I'm in. If it is the weekends. Er, scratch that. I'm all in.
Mah xfire: thelance117 (go figure)
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6214|14072
I'll help out if you need me
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

Thanks so far all of those who've offered help, appreciated.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6312|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Is this Special Forces stuff, or vanilla stuff?

If it's vanilla, I can dedicate my time on the weekends (though not this Saturday, cos I have to find out if I have hepatitis or not)
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

cowami wrote:

Is this Special Forces stuff, or vanilla stuff?

If it's vanilla, I can dedicate my time on the weekends (though not this Saturday, cos I have to find out if I have hepatitis or not)

Vanilla
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6171|San Antonio, Texas
Sign me up! With my NEW laptop, I won't disappear due to a computer overheat, and I can actually see what I'm supposed to do. Zero lag even on high ping servers, I am reborn like a Phoenix rising from Arizona (Seinfeld).

I promise to dl all needed modded files, and I'll compile them into one list so we don't scan the other thread. Feel free to add it to the original post, it helps.

On the weekend however, my uncle needs the laptop for uni, and may have to take breaks for food. But the laptop can't run SF, Vista thing.

Required files for filming
http://files.filefront.com/Devils+Perch … einfo.html
-
http://files.filefront.com/Daqing+Oilfi … einfo.html

Rename the original level folders in (drive):\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels

Then extract the new level folders into the above directory.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-04-22 18:29:20)

EnemyOfAllkind
+28|6492|Finland

I'll be there on saturday... If for some reason I cant make it I will inform You via PM...

I have downloaded the modded maps and have every freaking expansion for BF2... So LETS GET IT ON !!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/e01c5bfa5f0a95a99794736ab44fb78102fe70ec.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6476|The Twilight Zone
How can i help?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6295
Im adding the xfire of all new recruits.Ill try to keep you updated.

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

the laptop can't run SF, Vista thing.
Right click>Run as administrator
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6430|Somersetshire
omg...

i would love to help (as i have speculated before) but i can't do gaming between 6pm - 11pm because of Tiscali's Fair Usage policy

if you ever do some filming out of those times though, then i'll more then willing to help
aimless
+166|6147|Texas
I can help anytime, xfire: aimless7.

I am available literally 24/7.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6171|San Antonio, Texas

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Been there, done that. Says my CD-key is invalid, so I've contacted EA support. Other people had problems with it too on Vista. EA got back to me and said the best bet was a complete uninstall and reinstall. It worked when I had CD-key problems with original BF2.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-04-23 07:19:00)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

EnemyOfAllkind wrote:

I'll be there on saturday... If for some reason I cant make it I will inform You via PM...

I have downloaded the modded maps and have every freaking expansion for BF2... So LETS GET IT ON !!!
Wilkes informed me of a problem with the modded maps, he can't get them uploaded to the server because the map name is the same as the original but its modified. So what I think I'll have to do is unpack the mods and rename them all again, repack and then re-upload, which will mean peeps will need to download again, but with different names you shouldn't need to change the original maps .
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6295

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Been there, done that. Says my CD-key is invalid, so I've contacted EA support. Other people had problems with it too on Vista. EA got back to me and said the best bet was a complete uninstall and reinstall. It worked when I had CD-key problems with original BF2.
mmm...if you have any mods installed,uninstall them.Had the same problem with FH2.
saggers
Squadron Leader
+21|6011|Manchester, England
How long for Gary?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

saggers wrote:

How long for Gary?
For Saturday? Not too long, but then again hard to judge, previously this is where the messing around took its toll. After getting everyone on, (best if everyone goes onto the server a few minutes before 20:00GMT) and explaining for about 5 mins, maybe 30mins in total.
brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6760|IL
I can hep out

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard