PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6498|Portland, OR USA
Alright, I'm laying in bed sound asleep when suddenly the entire house is visibly and audibly shaken so violently that I wake up.  This continues for about 30 seconds at least.  Evidently it was a 5.4 ... my first earthquake ...
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6532|Southampton, UK

Did j00 shit brix?
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
lol - I rent now, so I have no real vested interest in the structure.  ;-)  I was startled becasue I was sound asleep and admittedly confused initially.  We uh ... yeah, we don't get so many earthquakes in the US midwest - and  this ties the largest magnitude quake on record for the area.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
I'm actually pretty mad about this.

This is going to sound incredibly odd, but I really, REALLY want to experience an earthquake.  I lived in Chicago for 22 years...I move away for six months and it happens now.  AND I'm moving back there in exactly ONE week.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
I actually understand - because I wanted to experience an earthquake too.  Tornado also, which I've missed similarly to your missing the earthquake.

EDIT: To add insult to injury, this goes on record as matching the largest magnitude on record for the area in recorded history.

Last edited by PuckMercury (2008-04-18 04:28:34)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6546|London
I've been in a 6.9

Inb4lamejokeabout69
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Lulz, I felt that in the northwest corner of Indiana, too. All that happened was my bed was shaking for a few seconds.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6200|NSW, Australia

never felt one, but there was a small tremor when i was about 10-12 but i was in the pool so i didnt notice. my mum came running out and was like...we just had an earthquake
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Did the Earth move for you too, baby?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
my first quake also.
we are down in stl, so it wasnt nearly as bad.....but the radiators were shaking all through out the house, and our bed scooted damn near across the room.

i woke up to that, and for some reason, dove for my shotgun and just kind of stood there trying to figure out what happened.
after i realized, i went and smoked a cigarette, cause i was definitely freaked out.
went out to my shop this morning, and i had placed some knife orders on my bench....basically waiting for the finishing touches.....well, they were laying in gravel when i went out there, and if you know anything about finished metal, you know that gravel is NOT friendly.

and lol Tmo, bad timing.
did you at least enjoy austin while you were there? its a really cool city, IMO.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Apparently there was one a little while ago near to me, quite big as well. However in my typical slack, student fashion I slept through the whole thing.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6434|A W S M F O X
I was in one when I went Japan. Epic.
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5829|Nibiru in a far away galaxy

PuckMercury wrote:

Alright, I'm laying in bed sound asleep when suddenly the entire house is visibly and audibly shaken so violently that I wake up.  This continues for about 30 seconds at least.  Evidently it was a 5.4 ... my first earthquake ...
Woa , in the Mid-west ?? not normal... http://www.iris.edu/seismon/  thats  what they call a Madrid Fault Line

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-18 07:34:54)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616

PuckMercury wrote:

OMG I felt it too wtf hahaha and I live in the upper side of the Illinois I felt it too I think I felt the aftershock WTF. I got up I was like WTF. the whole house was shaking.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616

doug1988 wrote:

PuckMercury wrote:

Woa , in the Mid-west ?? not normal... http://www.iris.edu/seismon/  thats  what they call a Madrid Fault Line
yea I know what is this world coming too? I was like I learned in school that the fault line does not cut through the Midwest it was epic. First time I experienced an earthquake.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
Been a long time sinse we got one in Cali.

Not a fan. No place to hide.

When I lived in O.C. the quakes were mostly gentle rockers. Now I live closer to the desert where the ground is rock. They sound like bombs going off. Scary.
MECtallica
+73|6475|jalalabad
Yea here near st louis we just got another aftershock

I live in a suburban apartment complex, on the 3rd floor, everything was shaking, I also woke up when it happened at 4:30~ AM, I hope this shit stops
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

PuckMercury wrote:

HOLY SHIT!  Southern Illinois Here!.

I was lying in bed and then my bed started rocking, not alot but like it would if a small-medium size dog was scratching itself sitting on the bed.

I have been thinking about it for a while.... I was like WTF?  The house kinda made a crkcrkcrk sound.

I didn't think much of it...strong winds...something... but it was so very odd, and I was lying there going "ok....WTF?!"

Maybe i'm just kidding myself... but this is the only logical answer.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6490|Πάϊ
Meeeh, earthquake noobs we get lots down here. They're fun, so long as your house doesn't collapse.
ƒ³
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
I experienced an earthquake when I farted
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6434|A W S M F O X

kptk92 wrote:

R u a professional comedian? ? ?
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london

AWSMFOX wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

R u a professional comedian? ? ?
yh
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

oug wrote:

Meeeh, earthquake noobs we get lots down here. They're fun, so long as your house doesn't collapse.
HEY!  It's just freakin odd to have one in the midwest.  First time in 26 years at least that I remember.  IT's big for us! 

It's about as common as a flash flood living on a mountain top.

See, this here is tornado country.  "A tornado? meh..." "Earthquake?  HOLY CRAP!"

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-04-18 08:57:38)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

I've apparently been in 2, never felt/woke up during any of them though.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
According to crazies in the middle east, the earthquake was "Allah teaching the US a lesson for interfering".

I fucking shit you not.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard