superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

...<<fill in the blank>>

for me...I love the kills.  90% of my total points are from combat score....
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys
nothing else to do
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6650|Broadlands, VA
<off topic>
Damn Patton - I LOVE that sig!!!
</off topic>

Sorry - I got nothing else.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6691|California

2,000 lb bombs
smk_valvanite
+12|6647|New Zealand, CHCH
i like army/military style games,
Rathji
+1|6654
I need something to do that distracts me from spanking it. If I didn't then certian body parts would fall off from overuse.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6653|Stillwater, Ok

stryyker wrote:

2,000 lb bombs
Those arent 2000lb bombs they are dropping.  500lb is the extent that they use. Heh a 2k lb bomb would wipe out entire bases with the blast on those.  Hell the percussion off one 2k pound bomb can kill a man up to half a mile away if you dont have any cover.
badd|rAp
+0|6611|Philly
nothing else to do and im a game addict
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6733
Hear the drumroll when I win something.
Including purple hearts.
elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6726|Columbus, Indiana
My Wife passed away in 2004. This lets me get away for a bit from real life.
ImaMedic
+1|6738|Where ever there's wounded
It's a virtual war to satiate an inherent blood lust in all of us. jk

I play for the fun of it.

Sorry to hear of your wife's passing elmer.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

It's my alternative to hunting and paintballing, which I also enjoy. You get the thrill of shooting something and seing a reaction, but you don't have to organise a trip, or people to pay $30 a time, (Pball.)

Also, it gives me an excuse to come here and type rambling posts.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
specops10-4
+108|6714|In the hills
just to blow guys up!

(im not emo) lol
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6738|Tenn
cuz all the other games SUCK!!!

no really
Rizen_Ji
+41|6706|200m out and smiling at you.
to be a sicko and watch rag doll effects from a x5 zoomed scope

oh that and to watch the guy die from a rain of bullets....
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6757|Rockhampton Qld
in my line of work i carry weapons 24/7 for a living, and never get to do anything with them.
well i hope i never have to.
so this allows me to blow of a bit of stress and have fun and actually shoot.
i know boring but its a fact.
and yes i know its a game not real life
and its the first game i have ever played that has an internet ranking system, its actually nice to be able to check stats and see yourself climbing some sort of ladder, even if you are not good you till climb.
luckybaer
+10|6745| Going Feral
I like to act tough even though I'm a dork??

j/k

I like military games, and this was the first FPS I ever played on the PC.  My first FPS was DOOM on playstation.
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6749|VA

elmer1082 wrote:

My Wife passed away in 2004. This lets me get away for a bit from real life.
Yeah BF2 is a good way to get away from the world for a bit.
IfCShoot
+1|6698
Stress relief! I mean whats more satisfiying then killing people all over the world with Modern Military Weapons and Units! Im in the AF  and boy is it great after flying all day and doing target prctice over the desert and shooting at dumbies and UACV and remote controled tanks and APC and planes, Its great to virtually kill someone half way across the world that may hate your country and hate the people in it , to play BF2 is my duty off-base  to "kill" somebody that may want to kill me or my comrades. I love it!
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6638|Colorado
It lets me kill but not in real life... Most of us have sick twisted thoughts of killing that bastard that cut you off on the way to work, or that dick of a boss you have, or the mother-in-law that won't shut up.  Everyday annoyances are unavoidable, but by killing little moonpie eating freaks around the world it really takes the stress out of everyday life and the idiots that occupy it. Plus it allows me to spend more time around my wife and kid instead of out and about trying not to be bored at home.
mauirixxx
+1|6647|Kihei, Maui (hawaii yo!)
I play it because it's more fun then Counter-Strike (and I've fallen in love with the anti-tank/strike at karkand/ghost town roof camping combo).

Granted if it wasn't for the awards (I got something to work towards!) I'd probably still be playing CS, bored as hell though.

I admit I *do* miss the sound of the sniper rifle from CS, as it shoots with some fuckin' authoritay! IF only there was some way to import that sound into BF2 ......
Flyboy63
+8|6675|South Australia
I enjoy the 'team' aspect.

Also every enemy I kill is an ass hole I met earlier in the day.

Last edited by Flyboy63 (2006-02-20 18:45:34)

Great_White_Rabbit
+0|6626
Getting new fav victims
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6683|atlanta

Flyboy63 wrote:

I enjoy the 'team' aspect.
this game might as well be army based because usually it is a "team of one" (versus the army slogan of army of one)

I figure I have saved a ton of money from not buying other games since I have this one.  The awards give me something to achieve while playing although I admit I am not very good and my k/d ratio is only over 1.0 because of the ability to kill people as Commander.  However the time requirements for some awards are ridiculous and that is why I won't buy Euro Force (if it ever comes out).  Maybe after I get all the SF ribbons, I will consider it but probably not.  I have other games sitting here that I have neglected since buying bf2 and I guess I will eventually get to them...
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6714|St. Paul, MN
there have been previous topics like this.
but anyway, I play because it's fun. I know it sounds stupid but that's what it boils down to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard