Country/Western2%2% - 1
Classical4%4% - 2
Electro10%10% - 5
Hip-Hop or stuff like that12%12% - 6
Total: 48
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6626|Land of the Very Cold
Meself, metal, mostly only metal... European power metal (Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Helloween, DragonForce), then speed/thrash metal (Slayer, Kreator) or Death Metal..

I also listen to lots of classical music
killaer
+41|6687
Why is this in BF2 Chatter?
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
cause i am asking BF2 players about it
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-
Thread moved.

I like all sorts of music. Pretty much everything.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
posted in wrong section, my bad
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
Metal fo-sho.
Mostly Death.
My favorite band is Children of Bodom <3

EDIT: I'm glad that you know the difference between Nu-metal and \m/METAL\m/ and the fact that you know that Godsmack, slipknot and those other crap bands aren't metal. xD

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-02-20 16:43:00)

Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
i know my metal !!
JP3
+8|6639|Grammar Land
Dragonforce HAHAHAHAHAHHA.  Please tell me you listen to them in an ironic way, not in a serious way.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
i don't think DragonForce is a really serious band... they're using all (or almost) the cliché's linked with power metal. What I like about them is the freakin speed at which they can play 9 minutes songs. And it is quite technical too, I mean, I've been playing guitar for over 10 years now, and their stuff is hard to pull off.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6627|California
What is METAL - Distorted Guitars, Drums, Bass And some guy sreamin his lungs out. Yeah pretty much, metal is heavy rock music.

But Heavy Metal is actually a type of religion, not something u do on the weekends. Metal is whats become of the hippies from the sixties. Instead of rockin out flying their freak flag, they started screaming their messages coz no one was listening.

Metal is Political, Philisophical, Aware and maybe sometimes a little angry.

A Rocker sings about his babes and partying ( AC/DC, Van Halen)

A MetalHead sings about what that leads to, and whether thats right or wrong.

Ive listen to metal since 1975 and many will argue what is and what is not metal. Metal is a State of Mind and hopefully no keyboards. Can you bang your head to it? Do you WANT to bang your head to it, then ... thats metal.

Metal Suggestions 1) Judas Priest - British Steel
                           2)Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
                           3) Motorhead- Another Perfect Day
                           4) Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
                           5) Anthrax - Sound of White Noise
                           6) Slayer - South of Heaven
                           7) Black Sabbath - Mob Rules
                           8) Metallica - Ride the Lightining
                           9) Megadeth - So far So good . . So what
                           10) Metal Church - Metal Church

This conclude todays first metal class. Study hard there will be a quiz tommorow

Tonights Homework - Who sings this line (either band or singer)

"We've takin too much for granted, and all this time it had grown"
"From techno seeds we first planted, evolved a mind of it's own"

-HMD
JP3
+8|6639|Grammar Land
Dude, that's Halford all the way!

I also would have liked to have seen Maiden make your list a couple more times

At 5 o'clock they take me to the Gallows Pole

Last edited by JP3 (2006-02-20 18:32:34)

JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6662|Sweden
Renaissance, medieval, barock and classical music. Mixed with electric guitar.... Ritchie Blackmore and his band "Blackmore´s Night". And a Violin from Spain; Jordi Savall and his ensamble "Hesperion XXI"

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-02-20 18:42:15)

Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6637|Colorado
Industrial all the way baby... not mainstream NIN industrial but Indie Industrial, like Dismantled, and Stromkern...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Slipknot isn't nu-metal. Nu-metal is crap, and Slipknot dont quite fit the bill. They've been around longer than that. Not a Slipknot fan really, but figured they needed defending, especially from such a harsh comment.

I'm a music nerd. I'm also in a band. This makes my open to pretty much any genre of music.

However, my favourite, and I have made this known many a time, is Shihad.

Shihad is a band from Wellington, New Zealand - my home town. They are awesome, just so fucken talented. Jon Toogood could fart in a bottle and people would love it, (stealing that from the recent review to their recent Big Day Out appearance.) They've made six kick arse albums, with a two disc live album and a whole bunch of EPs. They range themselves musically from Thrash Metal, to even going slightly poppy, (e.g, their first self titled album, known as the "fish album".) they had a stint in America, where after 9/11, their name sounded too much like "Jihad" so they had to change it to Pacifier, and also released a second self titled album, (too American and comercially savvy for most die-hard fans back in 'Noo Zoilund'.)

They've clawed up the music scene the hard way. They've been playing since 1988 - when I was a one-year-old! If they had started in America, they would be massive, but coming from little old New Zealand, we all just wonder why the fuck they arn't more famous. They have always played kick-arse live shows, (there's one in about a week which I of course, am going to,) and are musically sound, live, ('scuse the pun.)

So I keep in my sig, a little Shihad snippet - it changes every now and then. If you click on it  it plays a demo from the currently featured song. I would have put the whole song on but I don't know how.

Any music you're into you should find a few Shihad songs you like. If you're a Metalhead, the albums "Churn" or "Killjoy" would be to your tastes. If pop, or generic rock, "Shihad" or "Pacifier". If Hard Rock, than 'The General Electric", or their new album "Love is the New Hate."

I reckon these guys should be world famous anyway. Fuck New Zealand being so small.

I feel strongly about my music.

Anyway, click the sig. It'll change every fortnight or so.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6682|atlanta
Where is "None of the above"?

Actually I have SIRIUS satellite radio and listen to Howard Stern the most.  Howard rules.  I drove from Atlanta to Orlando to Jacksonville and back to Atlanta (1300 miles) and never had to search for music once.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
Just to clear it up, I wasn't saying Slipknot was Nu-metal. Slipknot is "Metalcore." Along with a lot of bands that people think are metal.

To the person who said they like industrial.
Orgy? Rammstein? KMFDM? Those are my favorites for Industrial.

A few bands on my list of metal(this includes all parts of metal including death, metal, and even metalcore and grind core.
Origin
Finntroll
Children of Bodom
Necrophagist
Extol
Soilwork
DragonForce

etc etc etc...

Oh yeah, don't forget... POWERGLOVE!
http://www.myspace.com/vgmetal
Freaking amazing.. lol.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6658|UK
I listen to all sorts of music, Hip/Hop and Metal are my favorite though.

I like aesop rock, sage francis, apathy, atmosphere, bjork, as i lay dying, 36 crazyfists, killswitch, it dies today, still remains, insane clown posse, twiztid, DJ Shadow, DJ Yoda, All that remains, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Metallica, Trivium, Iron Maiden, Eminem, Tech N9ne, Bob Marley, 10cc, Matisyahu, NIN, The spill canvas

They're just off the top of my head.

I have 2 weeks of music on my hdd and a further 2 ipods full of music and im 19 years old
subz3r0mkt
+27|6647
http://di.fm/

Hardcore (without high pitched vocals)
Drum & Bass
Gabber

Other Techno Mixes

and a variety of Metal, Rock, Rap....
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

subz3r0mkt wrote:

Drum & Bass
Gabber

Other Techno Mixes

O.o... Hardcore is so not techno.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

E7IX3R wrote:

I listen to all sorts of music, Hip/Hop and Metal are my favorite though.

I like aesop rock, sage francis, apathy, atmosphere, bjork, as i lay dying, 36 crazyfists, killswitch, it dies today, still remains, insane clown posse, twiztid, DJ Shadow, DJ Yoda, All that remains, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Metallica, Trivium, Iron Maiden, Eminem, Tech N9ne, Bob Marley, 10cc, Matisyahu, NIN, The spill canvas

They're just off the top of my head.

I have 2 weeks of music on my hdd and a further 2 ipods full of music and im 19 years old
Erm.. hmmm.. You listen to more Metalcore rather than metal, really.
As I Lay Dying, Killswitch, etc = metalcore.
I guess Iron Maiden is metal.. I don't really know much about them.
subz3r0mkt
+27|6647

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

subz3r0mkt wrote:

Drum & Bass
Gabber

Other Techno Mixes

O.o... Hardcore is so not techno.
Eh.....cool-was that term too generalized?

How's this for accuracy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_techno

Meh
costagge
+0|6610
Right now I am listening to metal mostly, i.e. Children Of Bodom, In Flames, At The Gates, Soilwork, Norther... the list goes on and on.

I also listen to alot of modern rock, alternative, punk, techno/trance, classic rock, lots of random indie music, some pop, some rap... hmm really about the only things I don't listen to are country and opera.

I guess having wide veriety of tastes and a large music collection will do that to you.

hmm right now itunes says 35573 songs, 102.9 days, 221.84 GB
and currently playing: In Flames - "Artifacts of the Black Rain" from the album The Jester Race

Rock on metal fans!
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6617
I think that should be a multi-response poll however I'm open to many kinds of music as well (depending on mood)

Here are some of my favs: Dredg, A perfect Cycle, Procupine tree, Stone Sour, Finch, Verdena - that covers the vast rock section I'd say and for the (nu)jazz section we have: Gavin Randle, De-Phazz, St.Germaine, Kyoto Jazz Massive, Soel and so on and so on
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Just to clear it up, I wasn't saying Slipknot was Nu-metal. Slipknot is "Metalcore." Along with a lot of bands that people think are metal.
Yeah, and I know you read everything in my post past that. Kidding. You're right there anyway... you clearly know more about metal than me.

Can someone tell me about the musicality of these bands. A lot of these bands I've heard of, but never actually heard. Can someone describe it? Is it kind of fast drum based primal with the jugajugjugajug type guitars and bass with hoarse roring vocals raw emotive... you know.
I love a heavy sound, but I must have musicality, or at bare minimum clever lyrics. That means I've never been a huge fan of things like Deathmetal, and consider myself more of a "Hard-Rocker." Something you can play along to until your pick wears out and your fingers bleed, but not meaningless low minor rythmic noise.

Just wondering. I havn't heard the bands you guys have listed. try making a sig like mine, which plays the demo of a song when you click on it. We can spread the music.

Shihad fucken rules forever anyway. Just thought I'd say that... again.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6758
I mostly listen to heavy metal & punk rock and stuff like Werid Al Yachoich.
hehe

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard