AS Roma v Man Utd
Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Semi Finals

Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbahce/Chelsea
Schalke/Barcelona v AS Roma/Man Utd

------

Thoughts?

Barca and Chelsea got the lucky draws, I reckon Roma will beat United. Even though United beat Roma 7-1 last season, they'll be looking so badly to avenge that result. United are looking shaky towards the end of this season, as are Arsenal, but I still think Arsenal will do a last minute win against Liverpool and go through. They always do.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

Liverpool Are playing well, but RVP is back, and that is a mental boost for us. I think we can beat Liverpool.

Prediction:

Chelsea VS Febernahce  = Chelsea

Barcelona VS Shalke = Barcelona

Man United VS Roma = Man United

Mek-Izzle wrote:

... as are Arsenal, but I still think Arsenal will do a last minute win against Liverpool and go through. They always do.
What is that supposed to mean, when was the last time we beat Liverpool in the last minute?

Last edited by Gooners (2008-03-14 05:34:30)

ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6564|Scotland
lets shaft Roma 7-1 again

Anyone else getting gay adverts at the bottom lol?

Last edited by ddenholm67 (2008-03-14 05:35:21)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
No I'm just saying that Arsenal have a tendency to win things in the last minute, it's got nothing to do with who they're playing against.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

This year we have been really dangerous in the last twenty minutes or so. A lot of teams start getting tired towards the last twenty so...
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6664|The View From The Afternoon
Looks like United pretty much has a clear path. Schalke vs United and Liverpool vs Chelsea in the semi's, and United beats Chelsea in final 3-0.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Roma are doing pretty good this season, and even though United had decent results against them in the Group Stages, I'm not so sure that they'll beat Roma this time around, they both know each other too much now. It's probably the closest tie out of them all.
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6564|Scotland

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Roma are doing pretty good this season, and even though United had decent results against them in the Group Stages, I'm not so sure that they'll beat Roma this time around, they both know each other too much now. It's probably the closest tie out of them all.
Ronaldo will still piss all over them.

And score at the same time.

Last edited by ddenholm67 (2008-03-14 05:50:11)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
After last weekends football predictions I am keeping my mouth firmly shut on this but its great to see so many English clubs at this stage rather than hoping the one or two make it through.

To Gooners back in '88 I think, I was a mad Liverpool fan, as a 12 year old (approx) I would wear all the kit (said Crown Paints) at the time, Shirt, Shorts, Scarf, Hat, Socks the lot and sit smack bang right infront of the TV.

Right at the end of the season the decider was Liverpool vs Arsenal and Arsenal needed to win by just 1 goal.

It was 0-0 till approx 85 min and then in the 90th min Micheal Thomas broke free and scored for Arsenal snatching the title away from Liverpool.
It broke my heart and all the kit went in the bin (you think girl heart ache can be bad, thats nothing compared to football)

2 years or so later Thomas signed for Liverpool but for me it was all to late, by then I was a West Ham fan, and in 1990 (approx) Cardiff beat Man City in the fa cup, I was there and ever since been a passionate Cardiff Fan.

I hope the above is what Mek is on about other wise by now I'm looking even more stupid than normal.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I hope the above is what Mek is on about other wise by now I'm looking even more stupid than normal.
I'm only 18 man. That was before my time. But yeah even in 1988, typical Arsenal!
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6564|Scotland

1927 wrote:

After last weekends football predictions I am keeping my mouth firmly shut on this but its great to see so many English clubs at this stage rather than hoping the one or two make it through.

To Gooners back in '88 I think, I was a mad Liverpool fan, as a 12 year old (approx) I would wear all the kit (said Crown Paints) at the time, Shirt, Shorts, Scarf, Hat, Socks the lot and sit smack bang right infront of the TV.

Right at the end of the season the decider was Liverpool vs Arsenal and Arsenal needed to win by just 1 goal.

It was 0-0 till approx 85 min and then in the 90th min Micheal Thomas broke free and scored for Arsenal snatching the title away from Liverpool.
It broke my heart and all the kit went in the bin (you think girl heart ache can be bad, thats nothing compared to football)

2 years or so later Thomas signed for Liverpool but for me it was all to late, by then I was a West Ham fan, and in 1990 (approx) Cardiff beat Man City in the fa cup, I was there and ever since been a passionate Cardiff Fan.

I hope Cardiff win the FA cup.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

ddenholm67 wrote:

1927 wrote:

I hope Cardiff win the FA cup.
Thank you.
kptk92
u
+972|6416|tc_london

CruZ4dR wrote:

Looks like United pretty much has a clear path. Schalke vs United and Liverpool vs Chelsea in the semi's, and United beats Chelsea in final 3-0.
lol

Barca v Liverpool in the final probably. Liverpool always have good runs in the Champions League (the past seasons have proved this) and they will probably overcome Arsenal and Chelsea. United will meet Barca in the Semis and lose, which is a shame but Barca are a pretty decent side IMO.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6793|Perth, Western Australia
I want another 7 - 1 pronning of Roma. In the ears.

Anderson
Ronaldo x 3
Tevez x2
Scholes.

Do it.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6450|Stealth City, UK

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Well we did manage to draw 1-1 at theirs with our reserve team against their full team. It'll be close but I still think United will whip them.

I'd like it to be United - Arsenal in the final, but I think its more likely to be United - Chelsea.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6497|Gogledd Cymru

CruZ4dR wrote:

Schalke will not beat Barca.

Last edited by The Sheriff (2008-03-14 09:17:21)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

The Sheriff wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Of course they will. Kuyrani will score 2. Honestly, Barca kinda sucks in CL.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
go liverpool?
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

CruZ4dR wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Its 'Kuranyi', and he doesn't play that much.

Barcelona will play United in the Semis and will lose (hopefully).
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

buLLet_t00th wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

I could have looked it up, but took a chance. Anyways, he's godd.
Barca are unfortuneately overrated.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6497|Gogledd Cymru

CruZ4dR wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

I will bet my penis that Schalke won't beat Barca.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6749|OctoLand
I'll be in Istanbul for sure, this is the kind of tie I've been waiting for, being my last season as a season ticket holder.

Let's see if I come back alive, they're some real nutters over there.

Prediction : Chelsea Barcelona final

Last edited by justice (2008-03-14 09:36:59)

I know fucking karate
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

justice wrote:

I'll be in Istanbul for sure, this is the kind of tie I've been waiting for, being my last season as a season ticket holder.

Let's see if I come back alive, they're some real nutters over there.

Prediction : Chelsea Barcelona final
How comes you're giving up your season ticket.....there are less and less fans like you.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

1927 wrote:

You're right. I forgot about that win, I wasn't there, but my uncles went mad ( they're Arsenal fans too).
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

The Sheriff wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

I will bet my penis that Schalke won't beat Barca.
Looks like your bet won't be so hard to match then

..Sorry, just had to say it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard