I concur!
Whitefang
Whit3fang [30-06] Deer
+2|5967|Mississippi
No F35 rape
Lynx14
+41|5941

*FW*GenNuisance wrote:

Honestly, the worst thing about the game is that it is ridden with hackers. The last game I played in, I picked up a full/auto silenced 9mm pistol....lol.The majority of hacks seem to be wall hacks and aimbots. It is now to the point that I will put this game on the shelf because it is quickly becoming unplayable on the multilayer end. If you thought PB was bad in BF2, just check out CoD4. It's  "HACKMANIA"!
Agree I was playing with my pwange kit

P90 silenced and uav jammer, dead silence so theres no way this guy saw me on the mini map, heard me or saw me in person because I checked my angles suddenly I get shot through the wall with an m4 just randomly, happens to some of my teammates and then me again. This game is ridden with wall hacks and aimbots its sad.
Phaytal
+20|6125|Engarlandd

FloppY_ wrote:

thtthht wrote:

No vehicles.
What's up with that?
A better COD experience?

Play BF if you want to focus on vehicles... COD is for INF. play
I can't actually say i've seen a BF2 Server that isn't inf. only for a while :\
... and its not jsut karkand.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
Assault rifles are too accurate/easy/overpowered.

On any map in the game an assault rifle with red-dot (or possibly ACOG) will beat a sniper, if the player is even half-decent. Range means nothing in this game because of the dramatic reduction/elimination of all recoil, deviation and accuracy functions... instead it is like playing laser-tag with lethal rounds :\. Assault rifles - especially the most 'popular' ones - are simply a matter of see, shoot, kill. At any range, and in any situation, the game boils down to seeing an enemy... holding your mouse over it... and holding down your left-click until he's dead. Now, I may have just described the 'basics' of any FPS game, but at least other CoD titles had recoil and spray-deviation and all sorts of other elements to compensate and increase the difficulty!

I know this is 'Modern Warfare', so it seems only proper that all the gun technology should have improved by leaps and bounds. Yet... I can't help but think that this 'Modern Warfare' thing is taken a little too far, with too much of a console-audience based in mind. The recoil/accuracy functions I would say are stolen straight from the Xbox360 version, where the game autoaims for you and doesn't pose much of a problem in the aforementioned areas. Battlefield 2 was modern warfare, and the guns there had deviation and the demanded the necessity of actually aiming. When I play with the M4 / AK47, I dominate... but that gets boring. When I play with anything else, I am in turn dominated by the 'domineering' weapons of the game... and that is also boring. What's there to this game? After the veneer of the ranks system wears off, you're left with a console-port that lacks just about every desirable quality the original 2/2.5 PC games lacked.

I miss being able to, when bored and tired of using semi-autos (e.g. the MP44), to take up a bolt-action or a longer range weapon and still have a fair chance of kicking arse and having an enjoyable time. The Garand, the KAR, the Mosin... hell, even all of the semi-autos in between such as the Gewehr. With the combination of shooting mechanics and better map design (i.e. maps that were still small and close-quarter, but without unnecessary debris and chaff lying about all over the place)- you could actually still come top whilst using a bolt-action rifle against players with sprayfests such as the PPSH. The bolt-actions in Call of Duty 4 are great... they have great power, nice accuracy, and 'feel' wonderful to play with... but they have no opportunities to shine, at all. Even the maps with 'open' elements come up trumps against the M4 Carbine / AK / any LMG with a grip. It's just banal, insipid and lackluster.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-01-29 05:27:38)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6257|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Uzique wrote:

On any map in the game an assault rifle with red-dot (or possibly ACOG) will beat a sniper, if the player is even half-decent. Range means nothing in this game because of the dramatic reduction/elimination of all recoil, deviation and accuracy functions... instead it is like playing laser-tag with lethal rounds :\. Assault rifles - especially the most 'popular' ones - are simply a matter of see, shoot, kill. At any range, and in any situation, the game boils down to seeing an enemy... holding your mouse over it... and holding down your left-click until he's dead. Now, I may have just described the 'basics' of any FPS game, but at least other CoD titles had recoil and spray-deviation and all sorts of other elements to compensate and increase the difficulty!

I know this is 'Modern Warfare', so it seems only proper that all the gun technology should have improved by leaps and bounds. Yet... I can't help but think that this 'Modern Warfare' thing is taken a little too far, with too much of a console-audience based in mind. The recoil/accuracy functions I would say are stolen straight from the Xbox360 version, where the game autoaims for you and doesn't pose much of a problem in the aforementioned areas. Battlefield 2 was modern warfare, and the guns there had deviation and the demanded the necessity of actually aiming. When I play with the M4 / AK47, I dominate... but that gets boring. When I play with anything else, I am in turn dominated by the 'domineering' weapons of the game... and that is also boring. What's there to this game? After the veneer of the ranks system wears off, you're left with a console-port that lacks just about every desirable quality the original 2/2.5 PC games lacked.

I miss being able to, when bored and tired of using semi-autos (e.g. the MP44), to take up a bolt-action or a longer range weapon and still have a fair chance of kicking arse and having an enjoyable time. The Garand, the KAR, the Mosin... hell, even all of the semi-autos in between such as the Gewehr. With the combination of shooting mechanics and better map design (i.e. maps that were still small and close-quarter, but without unnecessary debris and chaff lying about all over the place)- you could actually still come top whilst using a bolt-action rifle against players with sprayfests such as the PPSH. The bolt-actions in Call of Duty 4 are great... they have great power, nice accuracy, and 'feel' wonderful to play with... but they have no opportunities to shine, at all. Even the maps with 'open' elements come up trumps against the M4 Carbine / AK / any LMG with a grip. It's just banal, insipid and lackluster.
Wall of text is wall of text
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
doompenguin
+12|5902|London
Whats with the low FPS in cod4?
My comp can handle 100 easily on bf2, but it falls to about 25 in cod4 and 15 when scoped in.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

doompenguin wrote:

Whats with the low FPS in cod4?
My comp can handle 100 easily on bf2, but it falls to about 25 in cod4 and 15 when scoped in.
I getz none of dem troublez on ma PS3. I gotz teh perrfect frameratez.
#rekt
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6756|Perth, Western Australia
Whingers.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL
1. Activision got lazy with air equipment. At least give the Brits the WAH-64 Longbow and give the USMC the F/A-18 in MP air strikes.
2. Failure to acknowledge that the AC-130 in SP is property of the U S A F.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA

FloppY_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Wall of text is wall of text
Ignorant reply is ignorant reply.  Think before you click.

U-zique is spot on.

The maps are too small, the servers are too crowded, and most games are too fast paced. Any effort to balancing the weapons is weakened by 'Hardcore' mode. There's no time or no need to aim. It's basically the player with the faster reaction time wins. The first bullet kills. Add to that the 'kill streak bonuses' and the game balance is completely eliminated. Three waves of lethal arty gets you a UAV DethHeli that nobody will bother to shoot down. More kills for the

Quantity of kills over quality of tactics. Rank up to max in 25 hours of game play. It's an arena game, no sandbox play allowed. Break out the gamepad, for this is a game made for the Halo generation of gamers.  Thank you Mr. Xbox!
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6165|Schofield Barracks
honestly for me the game is great the way it is.
but i believe there should be more prestige levels for xbox.
FloppY_
­

GeoEnvi wrote:

It's basically the player with the faster reaction time wins. The first bullet kills.
Exactly, thats why HC rocks the pants out of anything else...

And for your other comments: This game is NOT supposed to be "sandbox", and is infact, meant to be an infantry - competition shooter, like CS is..
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6548|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

jord wrote:

The requirements to play without lag.
karl
+11|6478|Oslo-Norway
the worst thing about all games are hackers, but besides that it is the best game ever. i dont think there are so many hackers on hardcoremode servers, who knows hackers are just a bunch of pussys that suck at playing the game without haxxx ;P
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
Everything

/rant
/thread
PZmohax01
Banned
+13|5948|St.Petersburg, Russia
It is amazing at first, but gets boring soon
weasel_thingo
+74|6297

FloppY_ wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

It's basically the player with the faster reaction time wins. The first bullet kills.
everytime i have played its just people camping, and most of the time the person camping will get the first shot off, got boring pretty fast
FloppY_
­

weasel_thingo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

everytime i have played its just people camping, and most of the time the person camping will get the first shot off, got boring pretty fast
In my experience, only S&D is a campfest, but then again, might be because I can shoot them before they even manage to press their mousebuttons.... HC > All imho...
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5904|United States
It's impossible to be a succesful sniper...there are no good spots and most of the time someone either sneaks up behind you or a grenade kills you.
The sniper rifles are pretty much useless..the crappy aim mechanics combined with the fast movement of the enemy make it impossible to hit anyone. There are no large open spaces like in bf2 where you can actually pose a threat as sniper. I could go on and on...... sniping in bf2 is just so much more fun
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Helicopters and air strikes

I'm not saying they should be removed from the game, but there should be a server setting allowing the admins to set the number of kills necessary to get one, or turn them off completely.

Often times, more than half of my deaths in a round are due to AI aircraft, not the enemy soldiers.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

S.Lythberg wrote:

I'm not saying they should be removed from the game, but there should be a server setting allowing the admins to set the number of kills necessary to get one, or turn them off completely.

Often times, more than half of my deaths in a round are due to AI aircraft, not the enemy soldiers.
Kill streak should be reset to zero after activating the UAV, Air Strike or Helicopter, when counting towards the three bonuses.  This way, it forces the user to decide which bonus he wants to get.  Rather than an air strike practically guaranteeing a helicopter.

Last edited by Ilocano (2008-03-31 13:13:11)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

2. Failure to acknowledge that the AC-130 in SP is property of the U S A F.
It's really hard to mistake their accents for anything else.
Mikkeldude
+1|5826|Lunner, Norway
I think it's stupid that retards must make they'r suckass cheats! Even that i just met a cheater 1 time, I'm still angry!   And why is there always folk's that must make hacks and cheats? hmm =/
SPANKY_HAMSTER
+9|6542|B.C CANADA

Ilocano wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Kill streak should be reset to zero after activating the UAV, Air Strike or Helicopter, when counting towards the three bonuses.  This way, it forces the user to decide which bonus he wants to get.  Rather than an air strike practically guaranteeing a helicopter.
I agree

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard