Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway
I'm a couple of hours away of reaching 100 hours with engineer and I wonder where you guys got your expert engineering badge. And by that I don't mean any of the combat badges, basic or veteran engineer badge either. ONLY expert engineer. (20 repair points IAR)

So where did you get it? Which map? Amount of players etc etc???
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

I was commander on Warlord and had two overactive SpecOps that tormented my assests on a regular basis, was a 16 player server and i took the badge back when it took 29 repair points IAR
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
Nevar got it! Once reached 19 points in a round. Then another day I had 22 points but it wasnt awarded to me! Yes, I had all the other requirements filled, I think it was because of my private bug . Anyway, I still dont have it

Oh and it was on Iron Gator, fixing the Essex Gun

Last edited by RDMC (2008-03-06 04:09:23)

Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
Karkand + Vodnik in the river = win
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6410|Espoo, Finland

RDMC wrote:

Nevar got it! Once reached 19 points in a round. Then another day I had 22 points but it wasnt awarded to me! Yes, I had all the other requirements filled, I think it was because of my private bug . Anyway, I still dont have it

Oh and it was on Iron Gator, fixing the Essex Gun

I remember those days. I got mine there.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6724|SPARTA
karkand repairing everything!!! we had an specop in the enemy team which blew up the assets every few seconds.....i didnt try to kill him
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
I got mine in the boat dock under the Carrier

But not really, I got 12 IAR yesterday, but i wasnt awarded my Vetty, GL with expert
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6645|internet

Longbow wrote:

Karkand + Vodnik in the river = win
hahaha!
Wake+NJ 2046+under the bridge=expert engineer badge
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6000|Aberdeen, Scotland
Feckin padders lol...

I got mine on Tampa, repairing comm assets while the muppets kept coming to blow them up
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6690|London, UK

Longbow wrote:

Jalalabad + Humvee in the river = win
Longbow

MrAnderson wrote:

Feckin padders lol...
I've padded 20 points out of 301k. Not a big deal.

edit : 20, not 15

Last edited by Longbow (2008-03-06 05:06:27)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
I still don't have it!

Karkand + Vodnik in the river = win --yes, that's the way, I guess
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
I got 19 on Iron Gator once .

Still not got 20.
cablecopulate
+449|6739|Massachusetts.
I checked your stats, and you have AF; a good bet will be to find a good Little Bird pilot and repair for him. That chopper can get down to 1 bar of health, be on fire and you can get about 4 repairs points off that trying to fix it. If you're on a full squad that know what you are doing, you can also be a mobile repair station for your guys on the ground. If your squad leader/pilot has a good head and you're near main and your assets are destroyed, he'll use you to repair them. You need someone good that won't get you killed or randomly crash it, but he needs to be daring so that you take damage. Also, last week on Tampa I got 18 repair points in a round not even trying. I easily could have gotten 20+ if I needed the badge.
Drexel
+43|6477|Philadelphia
Kubra dam.

One dedicated Spec Ops + 3 arty, UAV, and Scan in close proxcemity = one happy me.  (that was soon after C4 on assets gave you points patch)

Longbow wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

Feckin padders lol...
I've padded 20 points out of 301k.
"I Padded, but it's only a little."    "Oh, you only did a little...Ok, you're legit again...."

Stupid Padder.

Last edited by Drexel (2008-03-06 07:49:50)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Wake Island as USMC.

Back in the day where it was actually 25 points.
Longbow

Drexel wrote:

"I Padded, but it's only a little."    "Oh, you only did a little...Ok, you're legit again...."

Stupid Padder.
Moron, I've never cared of points, I just wanted to get goddamn badge and wasnt in the mood to spent a whole day (or more) while trying.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
got mine on leviathan.  taunt the enemy to blow up assets.  request a supply drop by the heli pad (but not close enough to fix things duh) and hide in the dark with your wrech.

i also got 25+ repairs in a round on oman, taunting the bomber to keep taking out the arty.  its all about getting the right server conditions.

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-03-06 08:20:23)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6000|Aberdeen, Scotland
Badges don't get you any prizes, they are there as an achievment.

What's the point in cheating to get them?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Drexel wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

Least someone understands.
Cheating for them is pretty pointless, especially if they are not hard to get.  Expert engineer, on the other hand is probably the hardest award to get.

Some of the medals, ribbons, and badges take alot of time, but only a few of them take a difficult "In A Round" requirement.  And of all the IAR requirements, Engineer repair has to be the hardest IMO.

I didn't know it until I saw that stats at the end of the round, but I reached 19 once.  I was so pissed.

I may try going for it again.  It's about the only award i have any interest getting now.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-03-06 09:18:27)

GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6786|Anaheim, CA

Mass destruction . . . low players, high tickets, and a guy on the other team obsessed with blowing up commander assets!
Drexel
+43|6477|Philadelphia

MrAnderson wrote:

Least someone understands. 

I have no idea why people need to cheat to get something that says "congratulations, you're good at doing this".  Why someone then would admit that their entire career was "legit" except this one round baffles me.  It might not mean anything to you, but if I were to know everything I earned was legit except one thing, I'd be ashamed of myself.  (of course most of the world today doesn't have a conscience.)

It's also that sort of comment that renders these awards useless.  If people wouldn't pad, Ranks and Awards might actually mean something.

Last edited by Drexel (2008-03-06 09:26:44)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Daqing Oilfields.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523
underneath the carrier on wake

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard