ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
https://i27.tinypic.com/2wnbupu.jpg

I hate it when girls say that. I'm a counter. I notice things that occur in patterns. 78% of check out girls at stores end the transaction with " have a good one. "

It bugs the shit out of me. It implies apathy, as in the girl is generally disinterested in whatever that " one " may be.
It's sounds unprofessional, as if they are unable to distinguish between afternoon or morning. It would sound better if they said, " have a nice day "

Could just be one more sign of the apocalypse.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC
Good one, Chief.

lollol
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6642|Ohio
at least you have to give them credit for saying something at all with a job as crappy as the checkout girl.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6505
i also hate it when people say "cya bud/buddy" or "have a good one bud"

i'm not their fuckin bud, and its always those university fags who work part time somewhere who think they are the shit because im in highschool.  fuckers.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85
I don't like it, but because it sounds somewhat apathetic. You're getting paid to help me pay for my shit, I just want to buy my shit and leave, let's maintain a professional silence mmmkay?

"Have a nice day", or something to the effect goes a long way in places like customer service counter and such though.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

Ugly girl is ugly. I would never visit her register. Overalls? Photo must a' been takin in Iowa? What a shitty state...Oh wait, damn I live there, or should i say here?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6637|Your moms bedroom
Just respond "no thanks im all set"
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

I use the occasional, "Ya, I do what I can."
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Ugly girl is ugly. I would never visit her register. Overalls? Photo must a' been takin in Iowa? What a shitty state...Oh wait, damn I live there, or should i say here?
Reminds me of:

https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1328/dodgeballfrangq4.jpg
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5981|Halifax, West Yorkshire
Well, it's better than them saying "Go fuck yourself you slimy twat". Count your blessings.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

I hate mindless conversation in general.
Reciprocity
+721|6578|the dank(super) side of Oregon
As long as it's english I don't give a shit.  these people are being paid squat to interact with one asshole after another.
Volatile
+252|6702|Sextupling in Empire

Dude, at least they respond, or say something to you that is intelligible. Not just nod at you cause they don't understand english.

It pisses me off to no end when someone hands me a receipt without saying anything and while looking elsewhere.

It makes me want to do some serious fucking SPARTA-kicking.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I don't like it, but because it sounds somewhat apathetic. You're getting paid to help me pay for my shit, I just want to buy my shit and leave, let's maintain a professional silence mmmkay?

"Have a nice day", or something to the effect goes a long way in places like customer service counter and such though.
I'd rather have an amiable cashier than some douche.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
Btw, fat woman/man (in pic) is tappable. Amirite?
Volatile
+252|6702|Sextupling in Empire

Ollie wrote:

Only if hit with a wrecking ball at high speed.

Fat jello-blob sex FTW!

edit:fail spelling is fail.

Last edited by Volatile (2008-03-04 19:19:38)

Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

ebug9 wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Sorry, I stick to people with one chin.
His/her/it's 2nd chin is acctually bigger than it's first chin. Sickening.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6444|Chicago, IL
Not sure if you've worked retail before, but saying anything other than "fuck off" to the thousands of fat slobs who come past every day takes an incredible amount of effort.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Another one is also "no problem" instead of "you're welcome". YW is more professional and sounds nicer, like you actually care and thought about the person giving thanks. NP is like "oh it wasn't too big an inconvenience to me so I guess I can help you."
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

S.Lythberg wrote:

Not sure if you've worked retail before, but saying anything other than "fuck off" to the thousands of fat slobs who come past every day takes an incredible amount of effort.
I can sympathise here. Not that I've had to work in retail but people piss me off
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I'd rather have an amiable cashier than some douche.
Affable is also good.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6444|Chicago, IL

Ollie wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I can sympathise here. Not that I've had to work in retail but people piss me off
Don't do it, ever, it leaves you with more hatred and malice than you ever thought you had.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

I think you're just old ATG and can't keep up with hip modern youth. Time to retire mate.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
CommieChipmunk
+488|6567|Portland, OR, USA

Im_Dooomed wrote:

She works at a fucking check out in a super market... Since when do hot chicks work?
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6827|Denver colorado

HurricaИe wrote:

Good one, Chief.

lollol
Good one.

chief.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard