HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC
Anybody else taking it March 1? I sort of haven't done much studying. I did pretty well on the PSAT without any studying or practice tests though (191, so about a 1910 on the "full" SAT scale). My college adviser said I didn't need test prep given my score.

This is gonna blow, 4 hours doing this dumb test
avman633
+116|6363
My bro is taking it March 1, I take it next year. I got 1790 on my PSAT, as a sophmore
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6759|San Antonio, Texas
Have fun!

I'm so glad I'm past all of that college entry crap.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio
I took it last year. I did alright. 1560/1600
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

avman633 wrote:

My bro is taking it March 1, I take it next year. I got 1790 on my PSAT, as a sophmore
nice

On the Math I mostly lost points on the "hard" questions. We hadn't learned much in Geometry when we took it. Now we know some basic trig stuff (cosine, sine, tangent etc) so I'll probably do better.

Honestly, I don't know how hard it'll be. According to the college board, I did better than 93% of Juniors in America with my score.

@M5 yeah I can tell it'll be a bitchy process, especially cause I'm an immigrant. If I don't get my permanent residence by the time I start applying (yes I'm legal, just under a visa ) then colleges put me in the international applicants pool which is supposed to be extremely competitive -_-

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-02-22 18:02:59)

RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6443|California

HurricaИe wrote:

avman633 wrote:

nice

On the Math I mostly lost points on the "hard" questions. We hadn't learned much in Geometry when we took it. Now we know some basic trig stuff (cosine, sine, tangent etc) so I'll probably do better.

Honestly, I don't know how hard it'll be. According to the college board, I did better than 93% of Juniors in America with my score.

@M5 yeah I can tell it'll be a bitchy process, especially cause I'm an immigrant. If I don't get my permanent residence by the time I start applying (yes I'm legal, just under a visa ) then colleges put me in the international applicants pool which is supposed to be extremely competitive -_-
I don't think the SAT has trig.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6228|NSW, Australia

HurricaИe wrote:

avman633 wrote:

nice

you didnt know that stuff

we learned that and more in year7
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

Nappy wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

avman633 wrote:

nice

you didnt know that stuff

we learned that and more in year7
lolwut's Year 7?

My school has three math tracks

"Slow" (this is what I'm in cause I didn't give a shit in middle school, so they put me here and now I pwn every test)
Algebra I
Algebra II
Geometry
Advanced Mathematics

"Normal"
Algebra II
Geometry
Advanced Mathematics
Pre-Calc or Statistics or Advanced Topics

"WTF"
Mathematics I
Mathematics II
Mathematics III or Pre-Calculus
Calculus
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I took it on January 26 and got a 1920.

One of the passages that was in it was really racist and involved azns
cablecopulate
+449|6737|Massachusetts.

HurricaИe wrote:

Where are you from?
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6512|Kickapoo
SAT, doesn't that stand for "Saturday Afternoon Test"?
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6335|Oregon
I got a 210 on my PSAT and a 1980 on my SAT.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6323|New Haven, CT
So the PSAT isn't necessarily a good predictor of SAT performance?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

cablecopulate wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Where are you from?
Born in Argentina to a Canuck and Chilean, moved here when I was 3.
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6162|Houston, Texas
i just took it got a 2040. It certainly was a bitch but glad its over.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6335|Oregon

nukchebi0 wrote:

well you add a 0 to the PSAT, so 2100 and 1980 aren't that far off... I prepared for the PSAT but didn't at all for the SAT... I'd say they're fairly accurate predictors.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6323|New Haven, CT

djphetal wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

well you add a 0 to the PSAT, so 2100 and 1980 aren't that far off... I prepared for the PSAT but didn't at all for the SAT... I'd say they're fairly accurate predictors.
Oh, okay. That would make a difference then.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6595

djphetal wrote:

Ousted!

2 years ago when I took it in High school, I got a 1990.  My parents said they would buy the family a new car if I got a 2000 or above.

They never bought the car.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6637|Amsterdam, NY

HurricaИe wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Where are you from?
Born in Argentina to a Canuck and Chilean, moved here when I was 3.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/0330chewbacca.jpg
Lady's and Gentelmen of this supposed jury that doesnt make sense

Last edited by SgtSlauther (2008-02-22 18:44:30)

Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

I just wikipedia'd SAT tests, and wow, brutal.

Good luck to all of you doing them. I'm a Canadian, so I don't have to do them. I do PATs, which are Provincial Achievement Tests. I do them in grade 3, 6, 9, and 12. Only one left, thank God.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6507

Ryan wrote:

Good luck to all of you doing them. I'm a Canadian, so I don't have to do them. I do PATs, which are Provincial Achievement Tests. I do them in grade 3, 6, 9, and 12. Only one left, thank God.
same
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6335|Oregon

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

djphetal wrote:

Ousted!

2 years ago when I took it in High school, I got a 1990.
Arrrr!!!!! I will get my revenge!!!

No, in all seriousness though, I was pissed off that I didn't get 2000.
I SWEAR, IT WAS BECAUSE I REFERRED TO THE BIBLE AS "MYTHOLOGY, BUT NONETHELESS A STRONG STARTING PLACE FOR HUMAN MORALITY."
damn me pushing political correctness. They give you 3 grades on your essay... two were really high, one was really low. I suspect that third grader didn't like my personal opinion.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6323|New Haven, CT

djphetal wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

djphetal wrote:

Ousted!

2 years ago when I took it in High school, I got a 1990.
Arrrr!!!!! I will get my revenge!!!

No, in all seriousness though, I was pissed off that I didn't get 2000.
I SWEAR, IT WAS BECAUSE I REFERRED TO THE BIBLE AS "MYTHOLOGY, BUT NONETHELESS A STRONG STARTING PLACE FOR HUMAN MORALITY."
damn me pushing political correctness. They give you 3 grades on your essay... two were really high, one was really low. I suspect that third grader didn't like my personal opinion.
Such is the problem with any subjective question.
Smithereener
+138|6315|California

djphetal wrote:

They give you 3 grades on your essay... two were really high, one was really low. I suspect that third grader didn't like my personal opinion.
Really? I was under the impression that you recieved two grades from two graders from 1-6. The only time I thought you got a third grader is when the difference between the two scores was greater than one. I remember getting a 9 on my essay, meaing someone gave me a 4 and another a 5. I might be wrong though.

Got 2130 overall though.

@OP - Good luck on your SAT btw. Be sure to take a little food (granola bars), nothing's worse than having an empty stomach while taking a test.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

Ryan wrote:

Pretty much everyone takes the SAT or the ACT, so it can't be that hard when I think about it. It IS standardized.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard