Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6129|817---->907

TheAussieReaper wrote:

A collision sounds more like pilot error than a defect to me. Especially if the pilot's were in training.
Bush clearly did not train these pilots sufficient enough to fly.  Bush should be impeached.
Smells Like Muff
+6|6109
It only says manufacturing defect for what was posted here... could be any of the replacement parts that have to be replaced to maintain the planes and not the original parts.
Commie Killer
+192|6388

TC.Troy wrote:

I understand how the US govt. manipulates the media to work money...
Oh yeah, the US Government totally pays the media to say things.... In case you haven't noticed sherlock, the media criticizes our government even more then Chavez and Mr. Jihadjacket combined.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-02-20 17:44:37)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6329

steelie34 wrote:

lol^^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-15

"As of 2008, the F-15 in all air forces has an air-to-air combined kill record of 104 kills to 0 losses in air combat.[31] To date, no air superiority versions of the F-15 (A/B/C/D models) have ever been shot down by an enemy."

haxtbh
Boy with those stats i think they should give me one and send me into Iraq. pew-pew-pew!!!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

Commie Killer wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Oh yeah, the US Government totally pays the media to say things.... In case you haven't noticed sherlock, the media criticizes our government even more then Chavez and Mr. Jihadjacket combined.
Yes but that's because too many people were catching on. So they had to pay he media to write shit about the government to make it look like the government doesn't pay the media.

/Head assplodes
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon

Smells Like Muff wrote:

It only says manufacturing defect for what was posted here... could be any of the replacement parts that have to be replaced to maintain the planes and not the original parts.
? not sure what you mean.  i am merely pointing out the fact that anytime you see the f-15 in the news (in this case a 2 plane collision over the gulf of mexico) you will also see a mention about that airframe unworthiness garbage.  its just hype to get our newbie up and running faster.  god i sound like a broken record. 

as far as the replacement part comment, i tend to think of the "airframe" as the same thing as a car chassis.  it's not something that is replaced with spare parts, but the part that everything else gets bolted to.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6329

Commie Killer wrote:

LoL gotta disagree with ya there buddy. Why don't u ask yourself why there is news on Britney Spears little pregnant sister, but not news on the various laws being passed taking away or freedoms, or why there isn't news on how many people die from drug testing thnx to the Pharmaceutical companies hmmmmm???? The list could go on, and on im sure....
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Moo? Si! wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

A collision sounds more like pilot error than a defect to me. Especially if the pilot's were in training.
Bush clearly did not train these pilots sufficient enough to fly.  Bush should be impeached.
Least he can count how many were in the collision.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/bush-pilot.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6714|US

SEREMAKER wrote:

collide in air ..................... is there not enough space up there
hehe, was what i was thinkin
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6574

Commie Killer wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

ok...sherlock...

Did you read anything in my post that even remotely mentioned the US govt. paying the media to report things?  umm...NO. 

geezus...

My point was...sherlock...the US govt. will manipulate what the media reports, and even the facts that are reported to manipulate the media into "helping" the public, and yes, even our representatives form an opinion about a praticular subject.

The overwhelming urge to scream "fuck off!!" is barely controlable...
Smells Like Muff
+6|6109

steelie34 wrote:

Smells Like Muff wrote:

? not sure what you mean.  i am merely pointing out the fact that anytime you see the f-15 in the news (in this case a 2 plane collision over the gulf of mexico) you will also see a mention about that airframe unworthiness garbage.  its just hype to get our newbie up and running faster.  god i sound like a broken record. 

as far as the replacement part comment, i tend to think of the "airframe" as the same thing as a car chassis.  it's not something that is replaced with spare parts, but the part that everything else gets bolted to.
My comment was geared more towards those that the original design was flawed or the conspiracy theories...  However the OP never stated Airframe (course I'm old and going blind so I could have missed it) so I would agree that the Airframe is good to go.  Hence my different part comment...
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

steelie34 wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Two 15-C's colliding...on a training flight...

hmm...

tell me again what this may or may bot have to do with a defect??  The F-15 has been flying almost as long as I have been alive...
Defect?  Now??  huh???

The F-15 is very argueably the BEST fighter aircraft to EVER see the sky...and 30 years later, we are JUST finding a defect? 

ummm...

lol
there are literally hundreds of articles about how slow production has been for the f-22.  what better way to help boost it by finding "flaws" with our current air superiority fighter.
Or it could be that pilot proficiency went into the toilet during the grounding period and we've slowly been getting the pilots back up to CMR (combat mission ready) status as jets have been cleared to fly again. Add into the mix that Tyndall is where brand new pilots are trained to fly the F-15 (and F-22) and it's not really that surprising.

I'm not putting it past the higher ups to be milking the longeron problem for all it's worth to get more F-22s, but they would not purposefully crash two jets together just to make a point.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Tdog2007 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

collide in air ..................... is there not enough space up there
hehe, was what i was thinkin
There are only so many military jet route routes, combined and separated from civilian jet and light aircraft traffic.  So no, there is not a lot of room tbh.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Dunno if it's been posted, but one of the pilots just died.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX

Moo? Si! wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I wish you would just delete this post. So many stupid thoughts you must have, on a daily basis. To be honest you sound like a daft imbecile.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

Poseidon wrote:

link?
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
couldn't have happened to a stronger jet.

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/mechanix202/2112723594_21abfbfcfc_o.jpg

Last edited by Reciprocity (2008-02-20 19:11:42)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

HurricaИe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

link?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080221/ap_ … ing_planes
RECONDO67
+60|6637|miami FL
Horse playing with expensive toys
that's exactly what happened to this guys
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

RECONDO67 wrote:

Horse playing with expensive toys
that's exactly what happened to this guys
thank you NTSB
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
Unfortunately, accidents happen.  Fighter training can get pretty intense, and it only takes a couple, little things before something goes very wrong.

I don't know why they mentioned the structural problem, unless there is suspicion that it occurred again...or the news company likes linking unrelated stories.

The structural problem is in a potentially faulty spar that runs most of the length of the fuselage.  It has caused one F-15C to fall apart while flying.  Old airframes experience fatigue, and a minor flaw can cause these kinds of crashes.

The F-15 is an amazing aircraft, but Russia and China have been developing aircraft to beat it for over a decade.  Indian Sukhois did very well against US aircraft in several training missions.  The F-15 is the current top dog, but it is an aging dog.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2008-02-20 20:55:06)

13rin
+977|6480

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Moo? Si! wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Least he can count how many were in the collision.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/r … -pilot.jpg
So.. You guys flew fighter jets when? Oh you didn't?  I just assumed.. Ya know cause Bush has.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas
Wow, when I read it on the news I thought the pilots didn't survive. I'm glad they made it.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6172|New Austin, Not
^^^
One did die, sadly.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/20/jetcrash/index.html or see post #43 by Poseidon.

Last edited by Rohirm (2008-02-20 21:57:02)

PureFodder
+225|6286

steelie34 wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Two 15-C's colliding...on a training flight...

hmm...

tell me again what this may or may bot have to do with a defect??  The F-15 has been flying almost as long as I have been alive...
Defect?  Now??  huh???

The F-15 is very argueably the BEST fighter aircraft to EVER see the sky...and 30 years later, we are JUST finding a defect? 

ummm...

lol
there are literally hundreds of articles about how slow production has been for the f-22.  what better way to help boost it by finding "flaws" with our current air superiority fighter.
Isn't this the plot of 'Hot Shots'?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard