Dersmikner
+147|6494|Texas
Angry white man pays the bills in this country. All the money everybody is fighting over, all the social project funding that everyone cries about, all the "appropriations" for everyone's little "let's feed the hungry, clothe the poor and make everyone a happy camper" projects are earned by the angry white man, then stolen by the government for the support of the less able.

AWMFTW.
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6125|817---->907

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

McCain is too wishy washy.  I dont like alot of clinton's domestic agenda or her personality, but I could see her as a decent commander in chief, she is a tough lady a man hater.
Fixed
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

well, he does have experience dealing with legislature and putting laws in effect.  he is big on reform.  he is a charismatic motherfucker, cant deny that.  But, aside from all his political platform, I relate closely towards some of his upbringing.  No silver spoon in his mouth, son of a single mother.  Father was an immigrant.  Hes got passion, and I have a feeling regardless of what he does he has the best intentions for this country and has enough motivation to accomplish things.  He could work with republicans.  I agree more with his foreign policy than I do with our current commander in chief's.  I do believe you have to have some kind of relations with your enemies as well as your allies.  Were all adults in this global community, we need to stop covering up our eyes and ears refusing to hear each other. 

And, to top it all, the man is an admitted smoker.  Im an admitted smoker.

and the fact that he isnt 300 years old.
+ for talking with people
+ for passion
Don't care too much about his background, religion, or race

----for his political stances
Have you seen what he actually proposes? 
--voted against banning partial birth abortions.
--"Rejects free market vision of government. (Oct 2007)" I'll have to look into that a bit more.
--Supports government run Universal Healthcare
--wanted a ban on all semi-automatic firearms, and more penalties for possession, and wants a national ban on concealed carry, BUT he "supports the 2nd Amendment" and only wants "common sense" regulations

Obama is a VERY liberal, pro-government candidate.  If you believe in large government and socialized programs, you can vote for him.  I do not hold the same views.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640

RAIMIUS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

well, he does have experience dealing with legislature and putting laws in effect.  he is big on reform.  he is a charismatic motherfucker, cant deny that.  But, aside from all his political platform, I relate closely towards some of his upbringing.  No silver spoon in his mouth, son of a single mother.  Father was an immigrant.  Hes got passion, and I have a feeling regardless of what he does he has the best intentions for this country and has enough motivation to accomplish things.  He could work with republicans.  I agree more with his foreign policy than I do with our current commander in chief's.  I do believe you have to have some kind of relations with your enemies as well as your allies.  Were all adults in this global community, we need to stop covering up our eyes and ears refusing to hear each other. 

And, to top it all, the man is an admitted smoker.  Im an admitted smoker.

and the fact that he isnt 300 years old.
+ for passion

--"Rejects free market vision of government. (Oct 2007)" I'll have to look into that a bit more.
--wanted a ban on all semi-automatic firearms, and more penalties for possession, and wants a national ban on concealed carry, BUT he "supports the 2nd Amendment" and only wants "common sense" regulations

Obama is a VERY liberal, pro-government candidate.  If you believe in large government and socialized programs, you can vote for him.  I do not hold the same views.
do you think that one man has the power the reverse so much?  I could agree with some of the things he has done in leglsitature.   More so than clinton.   

and about his background, if somebody like him becomes president, somebody like me can become president.  see what I mean?  so far we have 43 people whose names all sound pretty similiar.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
Ah so it's about who he is, not his record?  God help us ...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640

Stingray24 wrote:

Ah so it's about who he is, not his record?  God help us ...
I stated that I agree with his record, but instead of typing a bullet by bullet review of his legislative history I merely summarized it.  I like what he has done in the senate.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640

Dersmikner wrote:

Angry white man pays the bills in this country. All the money everybody is fighting over, all the social project funding that everyone cries about, all the "appropriations" for everyone's little "let's feed the hungry, clothe the poor and make everyone a happy camper" projects are earned by the angry white man, then stolen by the government for the support of the less able.

AWMFTW.
Im not angry or white and I pay plenty of bills.  Probably the most important one would be risking my safety for American jingoism.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina
It's the rich white men that matter.  It doesn't matter if they're angry or not.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6825|Grapevine, TX
Tuequoise, could you expand on that more? Not sure where you are coming from. ty
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6663

Turquoise wrote:

It's the rich white men that matter.  It doesn't matter if they're angry or not.
But they don't vote.  They use lobbyists...
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6825|Grapevine, TX
ok, pretty valid point

Im not rich either; I still agree with the OP

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2008-02-20 17:03:36)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker

Turquoise wrote:

Come on Turq, the rich white men in this country are far outnumbered by everyone else.  Money doesn't mean anything in the voting booth and the candidates have forgotten the average white guy in favor of courting everyone else.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

+ for passion

do you think that one man has the power the reverse so much?  I could agree with some of the things he has done in leglsitature.   More so than clinton.   

and about his background, if somebody like him becomes president, somebody like me can become president.  see what I mean?  so far we have 43 people whose names all sound pretty similiar.
Yes, I do think the President holds enormous power.  He can't do it alone.  With a half-way supportive congress, he could do a lot of these things...and the Democratic party will likely have a decent hold on congress for the next few years.

He is a leader proposing change.  He has charisma.  He has oratory skill.  He has many of the required elements of a successful candidate.  Frankly, I'd like to see some changes too.  However, some of Obama's "common sense" changes are dangerous.  There is ample evidence against certain of his stances. Some of his proposals will have the opposite effect from the intended purposes.  I want change, but I don't want Obama's change.

Frankly, I don't care if a leader is a minority or a woman.  I will vote for the person who I think will be the best leader.  I WILL NOT vote for Hillary, due to policy differences and her past actions.  I will not vote for Obama because of extreme policy differences.  I was going to vote for him, until I read his policy stances.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

I qualify as an Angry White Man. Too bad no current candidates represent the AWM's views. Ron Paul did I guess, but he's gone and stood no chance anyway.

Seems like nowadays it's better to be part of the minority (minority in anything) rather than the typical white man. And people complain about racism/sexism/homophobia. Puh-leez.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6756|San Antonio, Texas

RAIMIUS wrote:

Frankly, I don't care if a leader is a minority or a woman.  I will vote for the person who I think will be the best leader.  I WILL NOT vote for Hillary, due to policy differences and her past actions.  I will not vote for Obama because of extreme policy differences.  I was going to vote for him, until I read his policy stances.
I wish more people did this, especially the last sentence.

mtb0minime wrote:

Seems like nowadays it's better to be part of the minority (minority in anything) rather than the typical white man.
I'm a minority in my state, and I'm caucasian.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2008-02-20 21:36:59)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina

Stingray24 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Come on Turq, the rich white men in this country are far outnumbered by everyone else.  Money doesn't mean anything in the voting booth and the candidates have forgotten the average white guy in favor of courting everyone else.
Money has a one-up on voting.  Money determines who gets to run for office.

It doesn't matter who wins an election, if you've already bought everyone that is running.  That's where the rich white men come into play.

See, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the rich white men will remain in power.  But it could just as easily be rich Hispanics, blacks, Asians or any other race of men.  The money is really what it all comes down to.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-02-21 19:55:40)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Seems like nowadays it's better to be part of the minority (minority in anything) rather than the typical white man.
I'm a minority in my state, and I'm caucasian.
Ah, me too. I guess what I meant was: it's better to not be white / straight / male / middle- or upper-class.
Everyone else is getting special treatment, and all we want is a level playing field. Pretty lame tbh.

I remember one of my friends (who is Filipino) used to support all those diversity acts and propositions and stuff, then I told him one day: "I'm obviously smart enough to get into this university, so why should someone who's less qualified get in because of their skin color. Doesn't sound like a color-blind society to me." He didn't have a response, and I'm glad I was able to change at least one person's mind.
The_Mac
+96|6221
Here's something classic: Chris Matthews, top dog democrat pundit, interviews a top supporter of Obama and asks him about Obama's accomplishments.

The result is somewhat humorous.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5952|Minnesota

Moo? Si! wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

McCain is too wishy washy.  I dont like alot of clinton's domestic agenda or her personality, but I could see her as a decent commander in chief, she is a tough lady a man hater.
Fixed
lulz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida

The_Mac wrote:

Here's something classic: Chris Matthews, top dog democrat pundit, interviews a top supporter of Obama and asks him about Obama's accomplishments.

The result is somewhat humorous.
Uh search?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=94038

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-02-21 21:59:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard