13rin
+977|6481
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
Well, 45 views do far and no one says anything.

If this thread started off as " we are losing".the liberals woulda had this thread to 3 pages by now.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6762|San Antonio, Texas

lowing wrote:

If this thread started off as " we are losing".the liberals woulda had this thread to 3 pages by now.
We are losing... Duh...

In the six weeks to the end of 2006, an average of 43 bodies were found dumped in the city each day as fierce sectarian fighting threatened to turn into full-scale civil war.

That figure fell to four a day in 2008, in the period up to February 12, said Qanbar, who heads the Baghdad security operation.

"Various enemy activities" had fallen by between 75 and 80 percent since the security plan was implemented, he said.
FallenMorgan
+53|5916|Glendale, CA
We're losing as long as people are dying.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6444|SoCal

lowing wrote:

QFT

FallenMorgan wrote:

Shit, you mean we lost WWII?

Last edited by geNius (2008-02-17 21:42:14)

https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

FallenMorgan wrote:

We've lost more men in training accidents in WWII then in Afghanistan/Iraq.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
Which would have forestalled US involvement in the war had the media today existed in the 1940's.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

nukchebi0 wrote:

Which would have forestalled US involvement in the war had the media today existed in the 1940's.
Like Vietnam.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Like Vietnam.
Exactly.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6514|Gold Coast

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

We've lost more men in training accidents in WWII then in Afghanistan/Iraq.
Ja, I heard that during a mock assault of Omaha, Sword, Utah landings etc, the US lost nearly 1000 people.... Kinda wierd.

Plus for the topic, good to hear.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

I love how your trying to make out that we don't want Iraq to return to peace.
PureFodder
+225|6288
We'll only be winning when the rate of deaths in Iraq is less than or equal to what it was when we went in and our forces have withdrawn leaving a stable democratic government in place.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

You do this a lot.

Timezones matter. People can't be expected to know within five minutes that a thread needs responding to, especially when they're asleep.

Personally though, good job. Nice to see that we're still up to the task (because I seriously doubt that we'll be able to even consider a full-scale pullout any time soon. Not unless we want to seriously, seriously destabilize the already bad situation in the ME)

Last edited by Spark (2008-02-18 02:36:07)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

FallenMorgan wrote:

That is an amazingly short-sighted and idealistic view..
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6760|Argentina
Violence has fallen 80% in Baghdad, maybe so has its population.  jk  Good job.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6200
Sunni tribes are busy fighting Al Qaida (which is a good thing)

When AQ will be gone, Sunni tribes will be back killing shias (sp) and american invaders.

Al-Sadr and his mahdy (sp) army is sleeping now. Some kind of cease fire agreeement due to expire in the next few weeks.

When he wake up, he will be back killing sunnis and american invaders.

This is far from over...
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6131|817---->907

FallenMorgan wrote:

OMG!!!!1 We are losing at life, everyone is dying, please help us immortals.
Laika
+75|5946
You've gotta wonder, is this decrease in violence due to our troops suddenly making a difference or is it just the fact that most of the terrorists have died and there aren't many left to do the terrorizing?

There are only so many people willing to blow themselves up, the supply must disappear eventually.
Jepeto87
+38|6687|Dublin
Strange how your only winning years after victory was declared.

Hopefully the Iraqi people can maintain it and prosper as an independent country.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX

FallenMorgan wrote:

With what logic and reasoning do you come up with that? Just because you are against War in general or the Operation Iraqi Freedom? Just asking, dont get all defensive
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC
Come on guys, it's obvious that Fallen was just making an anti-war sentiment.

And good on the military for bringing down the violence rates. I really hope it keeps going down.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646

Jepeto87 wrote:

Strange how your only winning years after victory was declared.

Hopefully the Iraqi people can maintain it and prosper as an independent country.
I dont remember losing any fights when I was there 4 years ago.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
could have been like this in 03 if only rumsfeld wasnt such a micro manager.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

PureFodder wrote:

We'll only be winning when the rate of deaths in Iraq is less than or equal to what it was when we went in and our forces have withdrawn leaving a stable democratic government in place.
Madness.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6766
I'm supporting the War in Iraq so don't flame me for this, but while the violence in Baghdad is down 80% it's just moved again.  The violence around the country is relatively the same.  Kinda hard when we're fighting a proxy war versus Iran.  Similar to USSR vs USA via Vietnam in the 1960's and 1970's and then the opposite in Afghanistan during the 1980's.  It is very hard to win a war when you can't destroy their supply lines, training, or kill the snake's head.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard