Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas
Does this shit happen to you?

I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, deep East Texas, and I get so sick of that crap I could puke.

Today I'm driving through a fast-food place and the woman in the window hands me my food and says "have a blessed day."

Fuck you.

I don't show up at your church trying to peddle my products, so don't try to cram your religion down my throat when I'm buying a sub sandwich. I'm fine with "have a great day", "have a wonderful day", "thanks for shopping with us", or whatever, but Christ on a cracker do you have to use my patronage of your employer's restaurant as an opportunity to spew your faith?

Maybe nobody else gets pissed by this, but, and I believe in God (though I'm not entirely sure of what nature), but sonofabitch I'm sick of people always giving me their church shit when it's not appropriate.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Wow ...
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
All the time.

It even annoys me when someone sneezes and someone else says "Bless you" (straight Icelandic translation: "God help you")

Only language so far with secular sneezing is German, "Gesundheit"
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6734|mansfield
maybe she was just been nice.
greensprite
awsm
+13|6136|Germany

Dersmikner wrote:

Fuck you.
that's what i would tell her...or something like" aww stfu!!!"
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

The only phrase that annoys me (like that) is "Have a Good One!"

"A good what?", I say sarcastically.
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas
I know. Seems crazy of me. The truth is I'm all for the whole religious thing, and I'm a believer that when this country was founded the Founding Fathers intended there to be a strong Christian basis to the nation, but man, when I'm buying a burger or a taco I just want someone to sell me the burger and be done with it. I don't want them trying to sell me Amway, Alcoholics Anonymous, Atheism, Solar power or their religion.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2008-02-14 10:05:04)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
Ya, enough times, but usually telling them '' I am not interested'' does the job fine

I think secular means 'without any religion involved' if thats the case than the Dutch: ''Gezondheid'' can be added to your list too

Last edited by RDMC (2008-02-14 10:06:42)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
If the word "blessed" would convert people I think the ACLU would have banned it by now.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Honestly, in my experience only hear from black people where I live. Not to sound like a biggot, its just a fact.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I'm no fan of religion, but I'll never get angry at someone who's just trying to be nice
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I'm annoyed with the Norwegian term "Kan jeg være så snill..."

"Kan jeg være så snill og få en sjokolande?"  =  "Can I be so kind and have a chocolate?"

it should be "Can YOU be so kind and give me a chocolate?"

one of the maaaaany things I find annoying

Last edited by Jenspm (2008-02-14 10:08:21)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY
I don't see the problem.  Do you care when people say "Merry Christmas" as opposed to "Happy Holidays"?
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas
I'd give my left testicle for the ACLU to be banned.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

we'll next time tell them when they see you in the future to say " Fuck off " and then you can determine which saying really annoys you
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas

SenorToenails wrote:

I don't see the problem.  Do you care when people say "Merry Christmas" as opposed to "Happy Holidays"?
Not really because, unfortunately, Christmas has become such a secular holiday in many respects. I do find that sad and depressing by the way. I am much more pissed off that we don't have Christmas celebrations in our schools any more, we have "Winter Festivals" and shit like that. i think it's ridiculous.

That being said, I just don't think a sandwich shop is the place for someone to proselytize.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6712|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
well I guess it's better than "hope you choke on that shit processed crap in a bun, as you stuff it in your fucking mouth, and die a horrible death" isn't it?..
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas
tough call...
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

Dersmikner wrote:

Not really because, unfortunately, Christmas has become such a secular holiday in many respects. I do find that sad and depressing by the way. I am much more pissed off that we don't have Christmas celebrations in our schools any more, we have "Winter Festivals" and shit like that. i think it's ridiculous.
I agree.  It is ridiculous.

Dersmikner wrote:

That being said, I just don't think a sandwich shop is the place for someone to proselytize.
They weren't trying to convert you, were they?  They just said "Have a blessed day", not "Join us for church Sunday at ...".

Does it bother you when people say "Jesus!" in frustration?  They might be trying to convert you.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

RDMC wrote:

Ya, enough times, but usually telling them '' I am not interested'' does the job fine

I think secular means 'without any religion involved' if thats the case than the Dutch: ''Gezondheid'' can be added to your list too
Same word, different language.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Hang on? You're actually complaining about someone wishing you a nice day? lol...this is ignorance in its finest.
Dragonclaw
+186|6275|Florida

kylef wrote:

Hang on? You're actually complaining about someone wishing you a nice day? lol...this is ignorance in its finest.
ATC
+58|6714|...

Dragonclaw wrote:

kylef wrote:

13rin
+977|6449
Damn.. I'm usually pretty happy to get service by someone who seems to care at one of those types of restaurants.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6488|USA

ATC wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

kylef wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard