section9
+9|6855|USA
I'll miss the idiot's on my team who were so eager and willing to find my defensive perimeter when I am sniping in a spot they don't need to be.
Camp Freddie
+0|6722
So, can friendlies trigger claymores or not?  There seems to be contradictory information in this thread.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6657|Hong Kong
i was testin it out on sf and i thought it was an error
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
To answer the post by Camp Fred,  From what I gather from this thread, Friendlies CAN NOT set off your mines.
Camp Freddie
+0|6722
Thanks.  This is gonna make sniper/support squads an absolute killer in Karkand and the SF maps.

A claymore at the top of each set of Hotel steps will make it impossible to reach the flag without dying.

I guess it'll make the ordinance badges easier to get!
sinir
damned
+2|6827|Boston
I heard about the changes they were making to the AT mines a while ago but I had no idea those changes were being applied to claymores as well.  I was wondering why I saw so many yesterday.  Sniper isn't really my forte, but with over 1000 kills with the kit I only had about 30 claymore kills - I wouldn't use them at all cause of idiot friendlies.  Honestly I think it will make the kit a lot more playable for me, and with a max of 2 they can't be spammed everywhere.  Besides we have dealt with spec ops having the ability to blow up a whole street every 30 seconds or so for a while now.
_oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_
+-1|6732|England

sinir wrote:

I heard about the changes they were making to the AT mines a while ago but I had no idea those changes were being applied to claymores as well.  I was wondering why I saw so many yesterday.  Sniper isn't really my forte, but with over 1000 kills with the kit I only had about 30 claymore kills - I wouldn't use them at all cause of idiot friendlies.  Honestly I think it will make the kit a lot more playable for me, and with a max of 2 they can't be spammed everywhere.  Besides we have dealt with spec ops having the ability to blow up a whole street every 30 seconds or so for a while now.
you can lay 5 claymores. just like mines and c4. you just have to resupply the two you carry and lay some more. aslo claymores can still be destroyed with granades, GL, tank etc...

my mines now actually protect spawn camping areas, such as the back of hotel on karkand and behind the arch. i believe engineers can still disarm mines, so they're not 'indestructable'. also claymores are easily dispatched with a grande or two. i don't see any problems here.

if you spot mines and you're not engineer, here's a tip. TEAMWORK. that's what this game is all about. send in your infantry squad first to clear out the area and signal the all clear for your armour to roll on in. EA hasn't made the game worse or better, they've made it so you have to THINK and use effective TEAMWORK more often. we're not playing deathmatch here, it's not every man for himself as so many seem to think.

Last edited by _oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_ (2006-02-15 10:04:35)

pogled
+0|6786|Europe
Since there is no new improved mine warning (the colour code thing) I think it is good that your mines don't kill your teammates anymore - from now one you can really use AT mines (worked well for me today). Why they were made unable to be defused by explosives is unclear to me. Grenades, C4 or a well aimed sniper shot would do the trick nicely (so the tank drivers have to get out or let the accompanying do it). It is a bit unrealsitic that  tank rounds don't manage to destroy them but then again the mine fields would be useless.

Note: mine barricades should always be guarded against those wanting to defuse them - to make this concept viable in BF2 mines should not be allowed to be destroyed be simple tank shots so that the tank hat to wait for and cover the defusing process by engis or spec ops.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited by pogled (2006-02-15 10:27:22)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6760
Mines do tk teammates. But mines FF could be turned off by a server. So it depends which server you play in. If you dont want mines spamming join the server with mines FF on (if you can find it)
AdamEcks
+1|6711|Canada, Eh.
I've had hardly no time to play the game since 1.2 even though I had the patch when it leaked. I was just wondering how we know if the server has FF turned on/off for mines. Is there another option on the loading screen saying 1 or 0 to let you know?
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6734

HoHo wrote:

I'm glad about no TD on claymores though, I haven't used them for ages cos of the noob mine-seekers who punish instantly.
Well, at least I know now what I will do on my next BF2 sesson: Play support, go with a sniper, and than we can figure out if there is a global limit for claymores on a map.

This no-TK-mines-thing is a big problem! Imn preatty sure, in two days from now there will be no squaremeter on no server without mine!
{CN}420
+30|6686
You know this is a GAME right?
Adonlude
+2|6787
Totally agree, realism is gone forever. Claymores are everywhere now, might as well get my free unskilled kills!
mycatsdied
+1|6800
Turninng the FF off  on claymores and mines is absolutley awful idea.  All a sniper or engi would need is a support guy to run around with him and he could constantly lay claymores and mines with no risk of hurting there teamates. My guess is that people will get damn sick of hitting a claymore everytime they turn a corner or a field of mines that the enemy can freely roll over bet they get stuck.

Servers that run No FF on mines and claymores will eventually find themselves empty. The last thing any ground pounder wants is to run into  field of claymores over and over again. As if it isnt hard enough to get to the hotel on karkand.

Last edited by mycatsdied (2006-02-15 10:56:14)

Esker
+1|6735
This topic is a classic case of "You can't please everybody".

People whine about stupid teammates running over mines and now people are whining because they don't kill teammates...
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6675|Colorado
I tried to disarm an enemy claymore with grenades and it didn't work....

wondering if they can....
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6689|Dayton, Ohio
OK, new strategy.  Every tank and APC now needs to have an engineer as a passanger to disable mines and repair.  The Drive sould be a medic to heal the engineer when he is damaged. 

When capping a flag always have a medic.  Send in a useless guy like an assult or supply first to set off the claymores and then revive him.  Yea you will give the sniper a kill point but not loose a ticket.  Have an engineer with you also because he can disarm claymores from the back or sides. 

Now the just need to give Engineers points for Disarming enemy explosives and the world will be in balance - Maybe.
AdamEcks
+1|6711|Canada, Eh.

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

OK, new strategy.  Every tank and APC now needs to have an engineer as a passanger to disable mines and repair.  The Drive sould be a medic to heal the engineer when he is damaged. 

When capping a flag always have a medic.  Send in a useless guy like an assult or supply first to set off the claymores and then revive him.  Yea you will give the sniper a kill point but not loose a ticket.  Have an engineer with you also because he can disarm claymores from the back or sides. 

Now the just need to give Engineers points for Disarming enemy explosives and the world will be in balance - Maybe.
Good point, now medics are even more useful, your teammates can clear out mines without dying because they get revived. 2 Free points for the medic, 2 for the enemy sniper, and your team gets to advance. If people start running in squads then it will be easier to over run the hotel anyway. The biggest reason the hotel is so hard to take is because 1 person tries it every 30 seconds. The odds don't stack up well when it's 10 on 1.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6760

Xristos1 wrote:

I tried to disarm an enemy claymore with grenades and it didn't work....

wondering if they can....
I think that you are able to pick up your claymore by pressing the <g> key... Haven't tried it tho.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6760

AdamEcks wrote:

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

Good point, now medics are even more useful, your teammates can clear out mines without dying because they get revived. 2 Free points for the medic, 2 for the enemy sniper, and your team gets to advance. If people start running in squads then it will be easier to over run the hotel anyway. The biggest reason the hotel is so hard to take is because 1 person tries it every 30 seconds. The odds don't stack up well when it's 10 on 1.
Smells like statpadding... j/k
IvIaster.Us
+-2|6654

MrBrain wrote:

Well how about the new AT/claymore mines that doesn't kill team mates?! I thought the reason that they removed the ability to fire when jumping (now how unrealistic is that? Really?) and the dolphin diving was to add realism. But I reccon it was only because of whining assholes. I've seen posts here praising not seing dolphin divers any more when playing. You know what, I didn't see them frequently before either..!

Now how fucking realistic are the new mines when:
1. They don't kill team mates
2. They are fucking unbreakable
3. goto 2

Now the team mate thing I can in one way understand. This is so that noob spreading mines everywhere shouldn't get so many teamkills and whine the hell out of EA. But why the HELL can't you destroy the damn mines?! Now where is the realism in that? Yesterday I put claymores by our flags and got free kills later when a enemy tried to take the flag. My friend threw AT-mines on the main roads and got a kill every now and then. Now you can't fortunately put that many mines before they start to dissapear but usually someone runs over them before reaching that limit.

As it was before it was realistic and you had to THINK a little. Claymores were for sniper back protection, when you left your sniper spot you threw a grenade on the claymore to remove it and avoid team kills. Dumbasses that threw AT mines on every exit from a flag so that no vehicle could get outta there deserved the team kill (although they were punished sometimes that still doesn't add further negative score), and the person running over them deserved to die because he didn't care for the RED SKULLS.

If you saw an red skull and couldn't get pass it you could always destroy it. Same being an enemy, the mines are hard to spot from an armor, but if you saw them you could destroy them atleast. In one week we'll have 25% of the players as snipers putting claymores, 25% support, 25% engineers spamming mines and the last 25% regular players being killed of the other teams undestroyable mines

The explosive badge is no challenge anymore, imagine kirkland with claymores by the fences and ammobags lying everywhere...

I require a patch that atleast makes the mines destroyable the day before the day after tommorow
wow

he  is right
l..Ph03niX..l
+0|6656

FSFGrimes wrote:

Can't throw C4 (why the hell not!?!?!)
Teammates don't get killed by mines (they can be killed by grenades, why not mines?)
AA has the incredible magic missle
and last but not least, anyone thing headshots are more frequent now? I was a support turned corner and there was any engy with a MP7 I went prone and died instantly. Strange. . .
omg i experinced this today. i would go prone and INSTANTLY die from someone with an L85, pissed me off alot.
Zewi
+0|6667
the only reason that they added this is if this was a real war we would already no where the mines where. its not fare to a tank driver trying to get out of a flag point only to relize that someone planted mines all around the flag point.. i think its a good thing, that u can do this. cause like i said in real life since this is what u are talking about you would already no where the friendly mines where before hand!!! and in real war there just isnt some friendly moron going around laying mines everywhere,,,,where his own tanks cant get by!!!

Last edited by Zewi (2006-02-15 14:14:44)

Esker
+1|6735
Well thanks to this I managed to get 32 kills in a round by simply plonking claymores in the entrances to the hotel on Karkand. It wasn't even a long round and I only started to do it near the end...

What makes it worse is that you cannot blow them up with grenades so the other team had no way of clearing them at all. Once everyone catches onto this we'll have a stupid amount of complaints about it.

Last edited by Esker (2006-02-15 14:18:54)

elite
+89|6722|Sheffield, England
i hate this patch, ea ruined a perfectly good game, ffs ea what where u thinking, was you drunk at the time because dam, u fucked up big time this time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard