usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

...they want to make it a more serious crime. 

"Senior police officers are to tell government advisers that cannabis should be upgraded from a Class C to a more dangerous Class B drug."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7227651.stm

I am not sure what to think of this.  There is a big movement in the US to relax pot crime punishment.  Yet it seems a country where the punishment was not as strict as it is here, wants it to be tougher.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6657|Your moms bedroom

usmarine wrote:

...they want to make it a more serious crime. 

"Senior police officers are to tell government advisers that cannabis should be upgraded from a Class C to a more dangerous Class B drug."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7227651.stm

I am not sure what to think of this.  There is a big movement in the US to relax pot crime punishment.  Yet it seems a country where the punishment was not as strict as it is here, wants it to be tougher.
ghey, its not like anyone ever od'd on weed
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6347|teh alien spaceshit
Well, I don't think the possesion of drugs should be a violation, unless it is held by someone like Britney spears.
It should be a part of crime when the user has been found guilty of something that can be related to the use of drugs, though.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6666

Did they take a photo of some salad to use in that article?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Weed is often the first step to other drugs later on ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+685|6307|Washington St.

ghettoperson wrote:

Seriously, that isn't weed or its one BUTT load of stems.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6643|Sea to globally-cooled sea

usmarine wrote:

From what I've seen, this "huge" movement is overwhelmingly championed by potheads and hippies.  MOST (not all, but most) mature businessmen and women, and moms, want to see this problem gone, not relaxed.
t05h
+2|6311
Drugs are bad Mmmkay.

But I'll tell you something about drugs. I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth: I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day

Bill Hicks
Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle

ghettoperson wrote:

LOL, ya that or some moss they scraped off a tree. this is retarded. is it news that there are dumbshits out there that want to illegalize plants and rule our lives? no. thats the only info in this article. lol, they could write an article about anybody's dumbassed opinion, it would be just as pointless.

Varegg wrote:

ya and 99.9 percent of heroin addicts start out on their mothers milk. way to fail at logic, i thought 'gateway drug' theory died in the 80s.

G3|Genius wrote:

"mature businessmen and women, and moms, want to see this problem gone, not relaxed."
and this coming from a 12 year old.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX

da UK news source wrote:

TYPES OF CANNABIS
  • Herbal, also known as "grass" or "weed", stronger varieties now dominate the market
  • Skunk, contains three times as much of the active ingredient, THC
  • Resin, also known as hash, was formerly the most common form of the drug, sold in blocks and crumbled
Media misinformation, no facts present. This is just as bad as the US in the 30's, saying smoking pot will make you a schizophrenia  devil worshiping suicidal maniac.

thtthht wrote:

Well, I don't think the possession of drugs should be a violation, unless it is held by someone like Britney spears.
It should be a part of crime when the user has been found guilty of something that can be related to the use of drugs, though.
like wut? I will always wonder about people, like you, that have crazy ideas like this... Where do you come up with it?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6645|IRELAND

My friends sell grow equipment. They supply half the shops in Ireland and the whole sale to the big growers. They are clearing £30 000 a week and getting rich. No weed is imported into the UK anymore. Its all grown here. So no trafficking gangs and drug Barron's. All the billions stay in the UK economy.

Plus people should be allowed to do what the fuck they want to themselves as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. Yes kids flip out, but kids flip out anyway, seams its convenient to blame it on weed.

My cousin was an asshole before he started smoking, now hes an even bigger dick wipe today blaming the world and weed for his problems. Instead of just coming to the realization that he is fucked up upstairs, always was always will be.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
that picture on the website looks like some bammer shit.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6539
The strongest type of cannabis - known as Skunk - now dominates the UK market, according to new Home Office research.
lmao
ig
+1,199|6539

Varegg wrote:

biggest fucking cop out ever. learn self-control...
LiGaLiZe
k?
+82|6136|sweden
I <3 weed and I wanna live in Netherlands tbh
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|6001|Halifax, West Yorkshire

ig wrote:

Varegg wrote:

...and learn to not believe everything you told when you have no first hand knowledge of it.

The only reason marijuana isn't legal is because if it was to be legalised. The government would be admitting it had been wrong for over 70 years.

There is no damning evidence to suggest that marijuana leads to psychosis or schizophrenia and all the studies that have shown these kinda results were done on rats which were injected with near fatal doses of THC and other cannaboids. Totally biased experiments and results.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6477|UK
I've heard about this quite awhile ago I swear some credible source said "Since it was downgraded to class C less people tried it"
Not sure if its true though, it's not that bad of a drug.

However this girl who used to live on my floor smoked loads everyday and was very very paranoid she thought someone stole her stash. She knocked on my door looking like she was about to batter me lol.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6544|London (At Heart)

Ollie wrote:

ig wrote:

Varegg wrote:

...and learn to not believe everything you told when you have no first hand knowledge of it.

The only reason marijuana isn't legal is because if it was to be legalised. The government would be admitting it had been wrong for over 70 years.

There is no damning evidence to suggest that marijuana leads to psychosis or schizophrenia and all the studies that have shown these kinda results were done on rats which were injected with near fatal doses of THC and other cannaboids. Totally biased experiments and results.
First hand experience mate.

I believe it does link.

My mate is a manic depressive, overly paranoid wreck, which has developed believe it or not in the time he's smoked that shit.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

wah1188 wrote:

I've heard about this quite awhile ago I swear some credible source said "Since it was downgraded to class C less people tried it"
Not sure if its true though, it's not that bad of a drug.

However this girl who used to live on my floor smoked loads everyday and was very very paranoid she thought someone stole her stash. She knocked on my door looking like she was about to batter me lol.
Lot's of drugs will do that to you, too much of anything is a bad thing. Caffeine, alcohol...you name it. People need to learn self control like ig said, and not fuck about abusing drugs, moderation is the key.
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6192|sverige
Uing all kinds of drugs is a stupid thing, a weakness imo. Still i use some.
https://jinge.se/bild10/snus.jpg
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6490|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Ruckel wrote:

Uing all kinds of drugs is a stupid thing, a weakness imo. Still i use some.
http://jinge.se/bild10/snus.jpg
Me too. Only when I'm drunk though, and I use the bag/pouch/whatever version. I just can't when the ball of snus breaks all over my mouth. Yuck. Besides those girly eucalyptus ones are better

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-02-05 10:17:06)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6567|CH/BR - in UK

G3|Genius wrote:

usmarine wrote:

From what I've seen, this "huge" movement is overwhelmingly championed by potheads and hippies.  MOST (not all, but most) mature businessmen and women, and moms, want to see this problem gone, not relaxed.
Exactly.
Most of the people that I know who are on this drug (regularly) base their existances around experiences with weed: remember the best part of a concert as when they started getting high, and stuff like that. The laws are set in place for these people, and not those who want to occasionally enjoy a joint.
I find the people who absolutely need a drug to be happy, or to relax, etc. sad

oh, and yeah, weed is a huge step-in drug. It's not like most people who do weed will go on and do other drugs, but most people who do other drugs did weed before that.

-konfusion
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
I'd like to see them try.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
This article is an interesting read but pretty long so if you're short on time read chapter 15 onwards.

Article wrote:

The monkeys were suffocating! Three to five minutes of oxygen deprivation causes brain damage "dead brain cells." (Red Cross Lifesaving and Water Safety Manual) With the concentration of smoke used, the monkeys were a bit like a person running the engine of a car in a locked garage for 5, 10, 15 minutes at a time every day!
As for the "gateway drug" theory. While undoubtedly people who smoke weed will come into contact with other drugs at some point this doesn't mean that they will want to "achieve a bigger high". Anyone with even the slightest amount of self restraint can "Just say "no"" if they don't feel comfortable doing other drugs. I, for example have been offered ecstasy, ketamine and other drugs by friends but I didn't want to do them so I said "No". Any so called "friends" that can't take no for an answer when it comes to drugs aren't worth having as friends. They should respect you're decisions.

Last edited by Ollie (2008-02-05 10:44:20)

ig
+1,199|6539

konfusion wrote:

oh, and yeah, weed is a huge step-in drug. It's not like most people who do weed will go on and do other drugs, but most people who do other drugs did weed before that.

-konfusion

Marinejuana wrote:

ya and 99.9 percent of heroin addicts start out on their mothers milk.
i could also blame cigarettes. i'm sure more than 75% of people who have smoked weed smoked a cigarette before they ever smoked weed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard